Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Freedom of religion should be encouraged in Somalia says Italian Foreign Minister

Mario B   

The-freeman;848563 wrote:
Oh I disagree: religious people such as yourself, are finding their claims challenged and disproved and are extremely worried . In times past such challenges would have invited bodily harm but that has been tamed in places like the West but sadly not so in many other lands where your kind still clings to power. And let us not talk of ignorance as I don't enjoy scoring open goals.

What claim that I have ever made on this forum about God or religion that you have challenged? As I mentioned in this thread, since the beginning of Islam, Muslim scholars debated atheists in the mosque in front of believers. So if you are here to debate then fire away!

I have seen a lot of atheist complain about threat of violence from theist in those forum [justifiably so] So it is interesting to read your veiled threats.:D

..not so in many other lands where your kind still clings to power

For me religion is personal, I'm not responsible for what governments do or not do, just like I won't hold you responsible for what atheist or 'secular' people do in the name of their ideology or value system.

Mario B;848952 wrote:
What claim that I have ever made on this forum about God or religion that you have challenged?

It was a general statement highlighting the sway religion held as an explainer of the natural world.

As I mentioned in this thread, since the beginning of Islam, Muslim scholars debated atheists in the mosque in front of believers. So if you are here to debate then fire away!

Where to start?? Besides I doubt we'll agree on what constitutes as evidence but maybe I'm presuming too much?

I have seen a lot of atheist complain about threat of violence from theist in those forum [justifiably so] So it is interesting to read your veiled threats.
:D

The threat is one of inducing cognitive dissonance among the faithful; granted, this can be brutal.

For me religion is personal
, I'm not responsible for what governments do or not do, just like I won't hold you responsible for what atheist or 'secular' people do in the name of their ideology or value system.

I respect your position and you're right, one cannot be responsible for the action of others.

^^

Tallaabo   

Its important that both the foreigners and the Somali people are given the freedom to choose and practice whichever religion they fancy in the Somali peninsula. Why should anyone be intimidated and forced to remain Muslim if they no longer believe in Islam? Shouldn't it be better if all Somalis were encouraged to be open about their true believes so that those who harbour doubts about Islam are given proper dacwa? Allah says in the Quran that there is no compulsion in religion and so there should be no compulsion in religion.