Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

Such an awkward experience!

Narniah   

I went to get some Macflurry from our local macdonalds, I met up with a girlfriend of mine. She ordered the chicken sandwich and as soon as it came before she had even touched it she went to the bathroom. So I sat there on my own playing with my phone eating my ice cream,, when a Somali guy came up to me and says 'Sista why u eating the chicken, its not halal'? He began signalling to the streets reassuring me that there's plenty of halal places right there, followed up with a 'why ru eating this haram food'?

Creating a scene..

I just sat there in disbelief, thinking to myself, 'who the hell is he'? I couldn't believe his audacity, he looked pretty sane to me. Who does that? I don't even know him, nor have I ever seen him before. Who is he to make me his business so randomly too.

So my white friend walks in and sits and starts eating her sandwich. He began apologizing to me, ohh abayo, sorry walah. bla bla, then he went on to sit next to me and say 'can I make it up to you'? I was like 'You can just go NOW'! I had to say that several times before he finally got the hint and went off. What an intruder!

By the way I don't eat macdonalds food, period, The only thing I eat there is the ice cream once in a blue moon. I think that was my last time going there..everr.

I felt like I was literally being Punk'd.

^^^

Narniah don't be freaked out, in Islam this is called "Commanding Right And Forbidding Wrong" if you see another person falling into Haram you should be concerned and advice them, but in a civil, non violent non abusive manner.

by the way you should've made him pay the bill.;)

what gibberish! this story is fabricated and until you can provide further evidence of this interlocutor's attempt to tame a Somali-self-hating-feminist, then, i'll shall treat this 'incident', if you want to call it that, as pure lies . why would a somali man approach you let alone want to get to know you. you don't strike me as particularly attractive nor interesting.

Aaliyyah   

LOL this is funny. But, seriously I did see somalis who eat the chicken sandwich and I do think that's weird cuz it is haraam right. I only eat the macfish and that even some people told me you shouldn't because they make everything with the same oil...

anyways, back to your story. That guy was a good man that he actually went out of his way to tell you the chicken is haraam. But, I don't know about making a scene? why would he go that far. He could have just said it once and left.

Narniah   

Lol Moonlight I'd rather have paid him to be gone!

Aaliyah he kept repeating himself like a maniac, probably because at first I didn't really pay him attention. I kinda ignored him, cause I didn't know what to say. I was kind of caught off guard.

I don't think it's nice that he did that, he Should've minded his own business. It's inappropriate for him to approach me, and act like It's his place to advice me on such a personal level, it was embarrassing.

Alpha I won't even dignify your obvious cry for 'attention' with more then this, you are a petty troll, who comes across jealous and feminine. I suggest you keep your wandering emotions in check.

Chimera   

Nobody believed me when I said deep down all Somali men think they own Somali women, and vice-versa, even when they don't realise it. Narniah, to that Somali guy, you were under his jurisdiction and there is no chicken-eating under his watch.

You need to be faster next time, and put him on the spot, he's bound to be wearing, eating or doing something you could point out as un-ethical, like his Nike shoes put together by poor Indian kids, etc.

He qarxised you good LOL.

Aaliyyah   

^ lool wow..wilal wanaagsan baadba haysatiin ma istidhaahdeen oo wanaga ni sheegaya..halkan sidaas ma aha.

Narniah, I got you walaal it was probably embarrassing. In islam it says if you wanna correct your brother or sister you do it privately. Or in this case he could have calmly told you that without causing a scene. He clearly did not know the right way to convey the right message. Nonetheless, you were not the only one who got embarrassed when your friend came out and started eating the chicken im sure he was just as embarrassed lol and it served him right.

Somalia   

Che -Guevara;842327 wrote:
Your chicken story is fishy.

:D

Somali philosopher;842298 wrote:
must hv been a reer mudug man. we are known for indha adeeg and la qabsi

WTF is it with you and reer Mudug? :D