Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

The People of Somalia demonstrate against draft constitution.

Dabrow   

kingofkings;826256 wrote:
he's rejecting it for legal reasons.

Please explain those legal reasons.

Dabrow   

kingofkings;826271 wrote:
the constitution is not fully endorsing federalism as agreed upon.

What was agree upon and whats has not been meet in the constitution? This sounds like spoiler in my ears but I let you explain your case before I pass my infinite judgement on Farroole if he is indeed a spoiler or not.

Dabrow;826273 wrote:
What was agree upon and whats has not been meet in the constitution? This sounds like spoiler in my ears but I let you explain your case before I pass my infinite judgement on Farroole if he is indeed a spoiler or not.

faroole is not a spoiler like the hordes in mogadishu, the man is against the constitution because the road map and the two garowe principles clearly state "All of them agreed in their opening statements that the structure/form of a permanent Somali state should be federal".

"Only Sh. Sharif anticipated the conflict that loomed ahead, when he said: “The debate could be what type of federal system.”

here is the full article

damn you shariif.

Dabrow   

kingofkings;826274 wrote:
faroole is not a spoiler like the hordes in mogadishu, the man is against the constitution because the road map and the two garowe principles clearly state "All of them agreed in their opening statements that the structure/form of a permanent Somali state should be federal".

"Only Sh. Sharif anticipated the conflict that loomed ahead, when he said: “The debate could be what type of federal system.”

here is the full

damn you shariif.

Thanks for the article.

So basically Faroole says, either we follow our view of "federalism" or we reject it all together?

^^^ wow. sxb. i strongly recommend you take political science 101. politic is a consensus based and as a result, everybody compromises. PL is only going to be part of somalia under the system of federalism; otherwise, PL will declare independence.

Dabrow   

kingofkings;826291 wrote:
^^^ wow. sxb. i strongly recommend you take political science 101. politic is a consensus based and as a result, everybody compromises. PL is only going to be part of somalia under the system of federalism; otherwise, PL will declare independence.

Has Sharif rejected federalism? No, he just stated that there could be a debate on different federal systems. In my view thats a fair request since puntlands view of "federalism" means no tax to mogadishu, different armies, their own constitution, you get the point.

Faroole dont endorse this federal constitution because this is not what he had in mind.But still the constitution is FEDERAL.

xiinfaniin;826295 wrote:
Faroole did not reject it.
:D

Garowe (PP) Puntland president Farole has cautioned on the draft constitution for Somalia which he said was a threat to federalism.

In a press conference in Garowe on Thursday, the president Farole has warned that the UNDP funded draft constitution, comprised the agreed upon Road map and the two Garowe Principles.

“What most of us worry is that the draft constitution is weak on federalism and fails to distribute power to all the region in Somalia. However, president Farole did not also clearly point to specific articles in the new constitution as many more somalis and politicians alike reject the constitution for fear of the country's future.

Anti-draft constitution protesters march in central Somalia town

SHABELLE MEDIA NETWORK MAY 3, 2012

BALANBAL (Sh.M.Network)- Anti-draft constitution demonstrators, including women and children, marched on Thursday through the streets of a town in Somalia’s violence-torn, reports said.

The marchers who took to the streets of Balanbal town, Galgadud region, shouting slogans against the new draft constitution for Somalia led TFG Prime Minister Abdiweli Mohammed Ali.

Abdirisaq Abdulle Igal, one of the Organizers who delivered speeches at the crowds voiced their opposite against the new draft constitution, saying the new constitution endangers and disgraces the region of Islam and the dignity of sacred Somalia culture and value.

The protest which started early on Thursday rocked the whole streets of Balanbal town and the demonstrators were also strongly condemned the arrest of some Somalia’s PM office this month by the order of Abdiweli Mohammed Ali, TFG premier.

Abdul   

If everybody is against this constitution including the tfg president,then who is for it i wonder.

Somalia   

Sheikh Shariif isn't against it, stop with the propaganda. Khaatumo movement hasn't even got half a state under its control, so even if it was to get a full one you still can't be federal.

The outcry from you is because Maakhir rejected you, those men are loyal to the cause and have their principles :cool:

And Abdul, what can you do? What can you do to stop this achievement? :D:D:D