Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Brothers Share One Wife

NGONGE   

^^ Can't see videos at work. Are these the indian guys? Polyandry used to be normal in India.

Alpha Blondy;826099 wrote:
Jb, how does this differ from the somali custom of 'dumaal'? i've always found that interesting.

what do you know about Dumaal ?? ,,,,, qurbajoog waaxid :D

Alpha Blondy;826099 wrote:
Jb, how does this differ from the somali custom of 'dumaal'? i've always found that interesting.

The whole thing about Dumaal is that the dead man's family want their son's children to be take care by his brother. in most cases its them who propose the idea, not the man.

Juxa   

I think the dumaal thing is sick, you wont allow your dead brother's children starve would you?

you dont need to sleep with your brother's wife to feed your nieces and nephews!! uffff

or as somalida says go'gashii walaalkii buu dhexlay

Juxa;826128 wrote:
I think the dumaal thing is sick, you wont allow your dead brother's children starve would you?

you dont need to sleep with your brother's wife to feed your nieces and nephews!! uffff

its not only feeding Juxa, its bringing them up and becoming father figure for them, look it from that angle. But its a tradition which very rear and is dying down.

Juxa

is not about the feeding kids only here, it is about keeping out some strange guy in the family who might harm them or least cuqdad u dilaa.

Macallinka;826137 wrote:
ARyaa
Mukulaaalo
ar xeetahay isku si aan wax u qornee, ma isku minan baan ka soo kacnay lol

;)

Adiga ma juxa aa rabtaa inaa dumaashid waaba kaa shakiyee?

NGONGE   

Juxa;826128 wrote:

There must be a logic to it when it comes to being a muxram, etc, etc. Strange custom nonetheless.

Juxa   

it is horrible custom, ee iga dhaaf unless each and everyone of you have hots for the wives of your brothers.

mukulaalow isku xishoo,,,,,intaanan miciyaha kugu dhufan

nuune   

I know a friend whom all his 3 brothers died, and they left three wives, one left actually 2 wives, while the other two left 2 wives, so in total, the dead 3 brothers left 4 wives, so the only remaining brother responsibility weyn ayaa sugeyso, he had a wife but had to divorce her to accommodate the 4 wives in waiting, and it happened, they all live in happily now.

Dumaal is not after all uff and qurun, it is a remedy, a cure, a responsibility, a caring, a loving union, and after all, you are taking care your brother's fortress feeding his children, building the family where it was left.

Juxa;826173 wrote:
it is horrible custom, ee iga dhaaf unless each and everyone of you have hots for the wives of your brothers.

mukulaalow isku xishoo,,,,,intaanan miciyaha kugu dhufan

abaayo, I can understand your mentality, you live in the west and all that comes to your mind is the sexualization of the Dumaal idea. its like when young somalis who grew in the west go to Somalia and they see men holding hands in the streets, it repulses them as they think sexual, but it is not. So, I might not be a fan of Dumaal, but they have their understandable reasons.