Sign in to follow this  
GaroweGal

Somali women escape to the gym

wyre   

Loooooolz taleexi, waa kaaga leexday aniga

Mukulaal, Ninyahow Aniga ima aadan arag cumrigaaga saa brown iyo black iguma tilmaamteen haddaa i arki laheyd :D:D

Wadani   

*Blessed;821817 wrote:
He says he needs the best guards in town to make sure men do not burst in and rape the women, and to stop suicide bombers from striking.

Sensationalism at it's best. Blah.

Thanks for pointing that out Blessed. These cadaans will never change, their sense of superiority and patronizing attitude with other cultures and races is so ingrained in them that they dont even notice it. In the article she kept talking about the lack of a public voice for Somali women, and this is utter and complete rubbish. She's clearly mistaking Somali culture with Arab culture. Somali women have always had a public voice thanks to their unrestrictive nomadic culture. Wallahi at times i believe our women are even more dominant than our men. For example, I rarely see a Somali man who wears the pants in the house, its usually the strong and outspoken wife who runs things for the most part. If theres one thing Somalis should be praised for is the rights our women have, instead she lumps us in with the Arabs and erroneously assumes our women are subjugated non beings. Total garbage.

wyre;821838 wrote:

Mukulaal, Ninyahow Aniga ima aadan arag cumrigaaga saa brown iyo black iguma tilmaamteen haddaa i arki laheyd
:D

malaha dhag cas baa tahay baan filaa, ama Mukh shabeel?;)

wyre;821832 wrote:
Centric sida magacaaga iiga dhadhameyso you are so caaaaaaaaaaato, Blue ayaa isa saaran iyadaan ku qabsanayaa

Looooool. Wouldn't you wish that? But too bad there is no love handles you can grab as a pillow or whatever you use it for. Go back to your fatty bombastics Blue finds your chicken legs a turn off :mad:

Taleexi;821837 wrote:
Blue ... anaa ku haysta ha isku keen dirin ... inay xoogaa shilistahay bay ii sheegtay.

Lol you know i'm in tip top shape. It's highly unlikely you will ever see a fat Dutchie. Say hello to my little friend :D

Lol guys guys knock it out don't fight over me.

classic_dutch_bicycle.jpg

Bluelicious;821845 wrote:

Lol you know i'm in tip top shape. It's highly unlikely you will ever see a fat Dutchie. Say hello to my little friend

Actually old days Somali women used to be very slim but with curves, men used to describe the perfect woman as follows.

Laba ha u dhuubnaato. Weist & fingers.

Laba ha u weynaato. *** & eyes.

Laba ha u yaraato. feet & mouth.

Laba ha u madoobaato. Hair & eye lashes.

Laba ha u dheeraato. Hair & nose.

List goes on, cant remember the rest.

Size and all that misogynistic mambo jambo is relative to each individual... i just hope these ladies are doing it for health reasons/themselves, and not persuaded by the prevailing western ideals of beauty (driving by capitalism) :rolleyes:

Blessed   

^hear, hear. Though, I think the gym is a big fat money making gimmick. Healthy eating and an active lifestyle including walks by the beach is just as effective.

Well said, Wadani. I hardly read what they write about Somalis and Muslims in general. I also agree with you on the strength of our women, Masha Allah, and again, we get it from our ayeeyooyin not their brand of female liberation.

Mukulaalow;821848 wrote:
Actually old days Somali women used to be very slim but with curves, men used to describe the perfect woman as follows.

Laba ha u dhuubnaato. Weist & fingers.

Laba ha u weynaato. *** & eyes.

Laba ha u yaraato. feet & mouth.

Laba ha u madoobaato. Hair & eye lashes.

Laba ha u dheeraato. Hair & nose.

List goes on, cant remember the rest.

I don't know about that if you say so it must be true going by your poem. Back in the old days in Africa fat women were considered beautiful and wealthy where as skinny meant less attractive and that you were poor. But now it all changed every woman wants to be thin like a supermodel and thinks being normal or fat is a bad ugly thing.

Che -Guevara;821844 wrote:
What about pregnanct Farahs and their chicken legs

Look no further its wyre. I always play drums on his pregnant belly at least its good for entertainment lol :D:P

We don't wanna hurt or insult the fat women so this is for you all. Big girls you are beautiful!

Chimera   

*Blessed;821817 wrote:
He says he needs the best guards in town to make sure men do not burst in and rape the women, and to stop suicide bombers from striking.

Sensationalism at it's best. Blah.

Sorry dear sister, but its not! Remember they're referring to the Mogadishu Gym, not the Hargeisa Gym. It would be gullible for us to believe now that Mogadishu is relatively stable that the criminal elements that in the past did unspeakable things even inside holy sanctuaries like the masjid, would pass up an unguarded gym full of women, even in stable areas of Somalia you still have a few demonic creatures that prey on displaced women in unguarded areas.

The fact that the gym is protected by a group of guards is a great initiative and a visible deterrence.

As for women rights, and how our culture is being portrayed, its completely in our hands. Somali women voted in national elections before women in Switzerland did. There was absolutely nothing western journalists could say against the Somali Republic, the involvement of women in the work force was high, under the 1975 law they had the same rights as men in the nuclear family, they made up a large percentage of the student body, and the military. Even with cliche subjects like FGM the journalists would only find a positive story because the Old Republic was on top of things with one of the biggest eradication campaigns. Heck, Somalia according to academics was poised to be the first country in Africa with a female head of state. That's the type of global hype we generated.

Western journalists will do, what they do; portray the non-west as exotic, strange and decadent. That's because they got their house in order, maybe its time we did same?

Aaliyyah   

I kinda agree with blessed. Going to gym is just the same as living healthy (you can on your own go jogging, walking etc) but with that been said if you are in school it kinda comes with your tuition so you might as well take advantage of it. Althou im kinda skinny I do always want to try to work out or go for long walks to be fit..sometimes going to gym or exercising doesn't mean you wanna shed some weight. You just feel healthy and beautiful afterwards...

salaam

p.s glad that somali women are realizing they need to work out...

nuune   

Che -Guevara;821844 wrote:
What about pregnanct Farahs and their chicken legs

Most men here ignored your comment, and all those ignored are as you described them unless they come forward and object!

Back to the topic, naag gym aadey wey iga dhimatey, taan aadina ee fuustada ahna fiirinba maayo, taan doonayoo dookheygu jeclaadey waa tan daamankeeda aad moodo iney yihiin qamdhariiran, xalus yaroo kuusanoo u eg ceesaan yaroo mina shaakiriin ahna leh, intaas hadey leedahey seentaan ka goyn.

Aaliyyah   

^ lol@ cesan yaroo mina shakirin ah intas haday leedhaay sentaan ka goyn ..what kind of somali baad ku hadli? wa yaab

salaam

Blessed   

Chimera, I say it is, even when the security context is understood but we can agree to disagree. Also, the potrayal oof the status of Muslim women and Muslim societies has little to do with political stability, I'm often asked the weirdest questions about live in the UAE, but I wasn't arguing that. Wadani said that our women are strong and I agreed, saying that it was down to the strength of our grandmothers not women lib as some would argue these days. I've had my views dismissed as being influenced by western feminism in this very board on numerous occasions, for example.

LOL. Nuune. Sounds like an alien. Oh. your attraction to jinn make sense. :D

nuune   

^^ lol Blessed, and jinni attraction, not attraction at all, but waanba ka tirsanahey since aan inta badan la joogo ayaga, maalin dhaweyd ayey ii caleema saareen inaan ka soo baxey dhowr qodob oo u ah hordhac ka mid noqoshadooda, waxaa ii hartey sagaal kun oo qodob inaan ka soo baxo hadana afar unbaan marayaa, afartaas qodob waxey igu qaadatey 2 sano in human years, dhankooduna labadaa sano waxey la mid tahey 12 sano iyo badh.

Aaliyah, maya huuno, waa Af Soomaal un waxa aan sheegay, Blessed wataa fahantey, waligaa fassir ma lagu dhahey suuratul Jinni, qul uuxiya qori ku mud ilaya isha beel nafaru nafta waa minal jinni jinni ku dardar.