Sign in to follow this  
Yunis

Wareysi: Gudoomiyaha Ururka Tayo - Drs. Maryan Qaasim

SpectaKooler;819714 wrote:
Impressive. What would her future role be if Tayo party ever got into power?

she is the General Secretary of the party.(gudoomiyaha xisbiga). big role I believe.

Mukulaalow;819715 wrote:
she is the General Secretary of the party.(gudoomiyaha xisbiga). big role I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong plz, the TFG at the moment isnt fit to accept multi parties. How and when would they be elected? Who would be electing them?

SpectaKooler;819716 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong plz, the TFG at the moment isnt fit to accept multi parties. How and when would they be elected? Who would be electing them?

Yes your right, but the TFG is in the process of adopting the new constitution, once that is in place then they will open the door for parties and be elected. but before that they will have a new admin in August which will launch hopefully party politics.

Mukulaalow;819723 wrote:
Yes your right, but the TFG is in the process of adopting the new constitution, once that is in place then they will open the door for parties and be elected. but before that they will have a new admin in August which will launch hopefully party politics.

This system bodes well for Somalia. In the 1960s we were one of the most democratic countries in the world. Might even be the solution that finally eliminates qawiil in politics. Best of luck to Drs. Qassim and the Tayo party.

SpectaKooler;819724 wrote:
This system bodes well for Somalia. In the 1960s we were one of the most democratic countries in the world. Might even be the solution that finally eliminates qawiil in politics..

with good regulations and strong watchdog system, multi party is a good thing, but if there is none of them, then a multi party system could be as distractive as qabiil system.

Blessed   

Watched another video of her a few days back. She's so amazing mashaallah, I just love this sister. Illahay ha u sahlo, hawl culus ayay ku dhaqaaqday.

EDIT:

Here's her other video. It's a must watch. Love her address to Somali women.

Carafaat;819761 wrote:
Where can we find the political program of Tayo party? What is their ideology?

All I know about this new party is, its founded by ex premier Farmajo and some of his cabinet pals e.g Dotoresa Maryam.

Here I found sort of what they stand for and policies on their website;

Tayo Party believes in the need to restore the public confidence of the Somali people in establishing a Somali state that is strong and competitive in protecting the interests of its citizens and nation but is fair and democratic in its domestic political, social and economic affairs. Whether a federal, centralized or autonomous regions, the Somali people deserve a strong government that can advocate through a position of strength and can bargain for their regional and international interests successfully. Somalia’s economic interests on land and in the seas can be pursued through a strong merit based government that brings back the Somali state’s honor and valor lost during the two decades of internal civil strife.

Tayo party believes in a corruption free and clan-ism free society and government grounded in the Islamic faith and the positive universal values in the traditional Somali culture. To restore public confidence in government, TPP believes in conducting state business with transparency and accountability and the establishment of good governance public committees at the national and local levels. These committees will monitor public affairs and report occasionally to the parliament and the public on the conduct of government in the state affairs.

It seems their policies are generalized and there isn't a cohesive specific policies at least on their website. I am a bit disappointed.

here is their link.http://tayoparty.org/

Mooge   

she helped relatioship between amin amir and farmajo because she is from amin amir's clan. but i think she very honest woman. farmajo made her minister of women and she is very loyal to him. amin amir never attack farmajo. they have secret pact thanks to Drs maryam qasim. she can run for president but farmajo wants the position for himself so there is not hope she will run which is sad.

Mooge;819786 wrote:
she helped relatioship between amin amir and farmajo because she is from amin amir's clan. but i think she very honest woman. farmajo made her minister of women and she is very loyal to him. amin amir never attack farmajo. they have secret pact thanks to Drs maryam qasim. she can run for president but farmajo wants the position for himself so there is not hope she will run which is sad.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :D:D:D

Yunis   

GaroweGal;819711 wrote:
Educated and religiously knowledgeable. Yunis she must be your Eedo right?

^^I understand where you are coming from GaroweGal, its the Somali way as late to only support the kinship. but no blood relationship - nevertheless, Drs. Maryan Qaasim is heavy weight and Somalia is in desperate need of more women like her...