Carafaat

The Somalia-Somaliland talks Thread

I welcome the points that have been agreed. I would love for Puntland, SSC and Somaliland to also meet and agree on similar points. Wadahadal & wada shaqayn is the future.

What do I hear about Ugandan police being our police force though? That is utterly disgraceful, scandalous, outrageous. Surely we can police and organise our own streets. And Ugandan police out of all the police forces in the world... are they taking the f'in piss. Uganda is profiteering out of the misery and chaos of Somalia and it will not be forgotten... they will pay.

So the recognition is within those 8 points loooooool,so called "frame work" or "gogol xaadh" how?? i don't know. Its like walking through a wall, good luck,

Somaliland future discussed in UK

Leaders from Somalia and Somaliland have held their first formal discussions on the future of the self-proclaimed Somaliland republic.

It broke away in 1991 and wants to be a separate country - but it has not been internationally recognised.

Mogadishu wants the northern territory to be part of a single Somali state.

Since declaring independence, Somaliland has enjoyed relative peace in contrast to the rest of Somalia, which has been plagued by conflict

Timing of talks

The BBC's Peter Biles, who was at the talks near London, says that although they were preparatory, they were nonetheless something of a breakthrough.

It was the first time in 21 years that there had been formal, direct contact between the authorities in Mogadishu, and the Somaliland administration, which used to be a British colony, whereas southern Somalia was governed by Italy.

The two sides agreed the talks should continue and, in a declaration, they called on their respective presidents to meet as soon as possible - this could be as early as next week in Dubai.

They also called on the international community to help provide experts on legal, economic and security matters, which our correspondent says are all issues that will need to be addressed in clarifying the future relationship between Somalia and Somaliland.

Significantly, they've also agreed to co-operate in the fight against terrorism and piracy.

However, our correspondent says the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia and the Somaliland administration are still poles apart on the central issue of Somaliland's status.

Britain, Norway and the European Union have said they want the two sides to negotiate a settlement.

Somaliland agreed to enter into the talks during a February meeting in London, when 40 global leaders met to tackle piracy, terrorism and political instability in Somalia.

But its administration says its priority is to remain separate from the rest of Somalia - and wants Mogadishu to recognise its independence.

Analysts have questioned the timing of the talks - the mandate of Somalia's transitional government expires in August when it is due to hand over to an elected president.

Somaliland unilaterally declared independence after the overthrow of Siad Barre - who led Somalia's last functioning national government.

It is relatively stable and holds regular elections, which have seen peaceful transfers of power - unlike the rest of the country, which has been racked by continued conflict ever since.

AYOUB   

Xaaji Xunjuf;843860 wrote:
Av6wsgHCAAAj1vX.jpg:large

It would have ideal to meet at home and without third party involvement but this a brilliant start.

Jaw jaw not wif wif.

Make shah not shells.

xiinfaniin;843871 wrote:
This is a progress indeed. Considering the fact this was a preparatory meeting, the outcome exceeded my expectation.

Make sure The Imam knows there has been an agreement to "fight piracy on land and at sea". :)

Amazing Historical hada wada hadaladi labaad phase two ba lo diyaargaroobaya Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland iyo Madaxweynaha Dawlada kumeel gaadhka Somalia Sh sharif Axmed qatar or dubai you pick. Xaalku meel wanaagsan bu ku socda i was talking to an MP the other day in Hargeysa the guurti will pass a few laws on the new agreement between Somalia and Somaliland. We broke the ice for the first time in 21 years finally a partner to talk two on the other side.

Carafaat;844173 wrote:
London Oo Wadahadaladaasi Ka Furmay Waxa Kaga Haboonayd In Lagu Qabto Hargeysa, Sheekh Shariif Iyo Cidii Wada-Hadal Doonaysaana Ay Halkan Inoogu Yimaadaan- Suldaan Maxamed

Kampala- (HWN)-Suldaanka guud ee beelaha Somaliland Suldaan Maxamed Suldaan C/qaadir ayaa sheegay in Magaalada London ee uu

Its two early for that lets hold the first meeting between the two Presidents in a Foreign Country if they reach an agreement Sh sharif should be the first head of state to visit the Somaliland republic.

Why Somalia needs to give Somaliland what the rest world refused to give

Saed Faadi

Jun 22 2012

OPINION

On Wednesday June 20, 2012, historic talks between the Somali Transitional Federal Government and delegates from Somaliland have started direct talks on the long-term relation of two in London. The historic commencement of the dialogue presents both Somaliland and Somalia an opportunity to turn the page of the past and start writing a new page in history.

The process is a long overdue deliberation on touchy issues. It is a historic exercise of future-determination long in the making. The outcome of the talks will either reintegrate the two sides back into the union or break them up into two separates state.

But unfortunately, the political rhetoric on the ground is inflammatory, irreconcilable and alarming. Both sides look to have taken hard-line positions. That is why no one could dare to mention the ‘real’ issue in the first phase of the meeting.

In the pre-conference press release, each party vowed to tender three non-negotiable key words to the negotiation table.

For Somaliland, Dr. Mohamed Abdullahi’s men have taken the key words, the Will,Inspiration and Self-determination of the‘people’ of Somaliland close at their hearts while the TFG negotiators hold firmly the ‘sanctity’ of the Sovereignty, Territorial integrity and Independence of Somalia.

Where will we go from here? What is beyond me is how the UK government – which is determined to broker a deal – will manoeuvre to bridge the gap of these contesting and divergent views.

But my little bird tells me, no one waves a magic wand to end this diplomatic spat.

I don’t have monopoly on intellect and wisdom but a viable proposal came to my head. And that is why I have decided to pen down this article to share with .

Fast-forward to the history of Somaliland quest for independence. Somaliland aggressively – and sometimes desperately – pleaded the world to acknowledge its quest for independence in the past 21 years. But for reasons known to them, the world turned its back on its pursuit. The quest for independence seems to have hit a dead end. This put our brethren and compatriots in the north in an awkward and frustrating situation. The world slammed the door in their face shut!

That is why Somaliland came back to Somalia looking for a shoulder to cry on. It has realised the fact that Somalis are the only genuine-blood-brothers they have. The world proved to Somaliland – beyond a reasonable doubt – that ‘blood is thicker than water’.

Somaliland’s megalomaniac attitude against their fellow compatriots failed to gain any diplomatic score. And although Somaliland acts as if there will be no love lost in the break-up, Somalia is always reluctant and pessimistic about the consequence of the split-up. But as they say, you never miss the water till the well runs dry.

What is my proposal? Methinks the TFG delegates in London should negotiate Somaliland with a spirit fully of emotions and mawkishness. They should reciprocate their acknowledgement and hand Somaliland what the rest of the world refused to. They should guarantee recognition and independence for Somaliland – pronto.

Yes, the TFG delegates should put on a brave face and negotiate as if they are authorised with the strongest possible terms.

Back at home, President Sharif should dispatch diplomatic shuttles to all over the world to propagate Somaliland quest for international recognition. He should instruct the PM and his cabinet to lobby in the diplomatic circles for Somaliland.

Come on guys, let’s reflect the spirit of the ‘comeback’ and allow Hargaysa to burst with jubilant songs, music and Somali traditional folklore dance. If Somalia don’t recognise Somaliland, who will? And if not now, when?

I know fanatical unionists cannot wait to hurl insulting comments on me. But hold your horses and allow me to explain my point with facts and figures.

First, fanatics aside, and let’s put on our thinking hats to interrogate the logic of the two arguments on the table – the Sanctity of a Sovereignty of a country Versus the Will of the people.

In contemporary politics of the world, the later carries the day. In this school of thought, sovereignty failed to stand the test of time -in the face of globalisation. Elements of global governance- UN, IGOs, NGO and Global Civil Society – has already called the state sovereignty into question. That is why Ambassador Augustine Philip Mahiga of UNPOS is the most powerful“political leader” in Somalia.

On the contrary, the Will of the people is the only legitimate power of any civilized society. And it should be respected and defended at all cost. In plain English, the ‘will’ of the people is final. An old English adage says “one can take a horse to water but 20 cannot make it drink”.

And as they claim – and I am judging their proclamations -the people of Somaliland have spoken ‘clear and laud’. And the foreign Minister’s men brought the table nothing but the “will” of the people.

But this assertion will be, sooner than later, thoroughly interrogated. The argument Britain colonised the North and Italy the South does not hold water. It is impossible to divide the members of the same family along the straddles of colonial borders. That is why Somaliland needs to leave the world of phantom and fiction to come to terms with reality to precipitate the process of its recognition.

What do I mean? Three of the regions, Somaliland stake a claim stand out of the secession plan. People of Sool, Sanag and Awdal regions are not part of the break-up. The is why Somaliland should magnanimously drop this bid.

Finally, allow to explain my proposal with tested theories. For Somalia, I choose Charles Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection. The theory states, in part, that “ ………… the traits and characteristic of living creature begins to become more common and attractive during evolution”. If the traits and characteristics of the living creature become unattractive, extinction of that species is sure to follow.

That is what the law of Natural Selection is teaching Somalia. In its current state, Somalia is unattractive and unpromising. A plethora of ugly and distasteful events tainted its image beyond its means. It has become a popular example of the most quintessential failed state in the world. And it is unfair – as it is unacceptable – to invite others to join it in the league of failed states.

My unsolicited advice to the ‘unionists’ would be – put your house in order first before you come to the negotiation table.

For Somaliland, it should consider the popular game theory in its divorce proposal. The zero-sum- games of this theory states that “one person’s gains is exactly equal to the net loss of the other rival”. This is a very cynical approach and it does not always work in real life situation. My point? Somaliland needs to compromise and consider a win-win solution.

In football game, there are three possible scenarios – A win, lose or draw. Everyone strives to win and none wants to lose. But at times, inconclusive results are not bad results. One point is sacrificed to the birds and the remaining two are equally shared, 50 -50.

As noted above, Somaliland brought the “Will of the people” on table. But the same chickens have come home to roost. As long as the‘will’ of the people is concerned, Somaliland has only two regions to pull out with. It does not command majority in the other three. People of Sool, Sanag and Awdal are for the union and against the secession. And their ‘will’ should be equally respected.

Although, there are MPs and Ministers from these regions in the government of Somaliland, but their status is similar to that of the former TFG foreign Ministers – Ismail Hurre Buba and Mohamed Abdullahi Omaar and the likes. They are citizens who are entitled to their own opinion but they should not fool anyone. In patriotic American colloquial, they don’t represent Mom’s apple pie.

Again my unsolicited advice for the secessionist would be -it is difficult to put toothpaste back to the tube when it is out. So you better chew this blind secession project over and come to the negotiation table with a final word.

I hope, Somaliland won’t behave as this spoilt brat boy who refuses to drink milk when the mother is begging him to do so and carries when she decides to returns the milk back to its container.

Labada dawladood Somaliland iyo somaliya iyo dawlada Britain oo hawsha isku duba ridkeeda lahayd waxay ka taxadirtay

Marka hore waxaan salamaayaa shacabka reer Somaliland meel kasta oo ay joogaan marka xigta waxaan salaamayaa saxaafada Somaliland kuwooda fahansan waajibka ay qaranka u hayaan,,

Waxa shalay oo taariikhdu ahayd 21/6/2012 lagu soo gunaanaday shirkii ugu horeeyey ee ay yeeshaa xukuumada somliland iyo maamulka TFG somaliya waxana kalunkaa ka soo baxay sided qodob oo labadii dhan ee wada hadlaayey u arkayeen duul ay gaadheen,

MUXUU HADAA WADA HADALKU

Labada dawladood Somaliland iyo somaliya iyo dawlada Britain oo hawsha isku duba ridkeeda lahayd waxay ka taxadirtay in miiska la soo saaro wax dawladi diidi midina taageerto isla markaana aanu kulankan oo ahaa kii ugu horeeyey lagu kala kicin ee wuxuu la isla meel dhigo, arintaasina way ku guulaysatay dalwada Britain, inkastoo qodobadu aanay ahayn kuwo nuxur badan oo sacabka loo garaaco xanbaartsan dhan walba, hadana ujeedadii laga lahaa oo ahayd waa is arkay waana is fahmay way la gaadhay. Sida ay u fakarayeen dadka ku kala dhaqan Somaliland iyo somaliya isla markaana aan siyaasada wax badan kala socon’ wuxuu ahaa in dawlada somaliya markiiba miiska saarayso midnimo iyo aan dib isugu noqono, halka shacabka Somaliland maskaxdooda ay ka guuxaysay kalmada ugu horaysa ee afka waftiga ka soo baxaysa marka ay shirka tagaan ahayd na aqoonsada, laakiin qaabkan hawshan loo waday way ka duwanayd waxaas oo dhan..

Waxa kale oo wada hadalkan dawlada Britain gadhwadeenka ka ahayd looga gol lahaa in la abuuro is fahan taxadir ka muuqdo isla markaana dhan arimaha siyaasada laga hor mariyo adeegyada aasaasiga sida amaanka, caafimadka, biyaha, arimo kale oo u muuqday in la isugu soo dhaweynaayey labada qafti si aanay doodu u noqon mid kulul..

SHACABKA SOMALILAND MAXAA LA GUDBOON

Shacabka Somaliland waxay doonayaa aqoonsi waxay doonayaan dawlad madax banaan, waxay doonayaa in ay helaan waxay ku ilaawaan dhibkii soo maray, iyo waxyaabo kale oo badan

Hasayeeshee waxaas oo dhan dariiqii ay u mari lahaayeen iyo halkii ay ugu hagaagi lahaayeen iyo meesha ay ka xigaan waxaas iyo waxyaabo kale oo badani ma garanayaaan in badan oo shacabka Somaliland ka mid ah,,

Waxaan u soo qaadanayaa tusaale yar

( koobka shaaha ee la cabo waxa uu ka kooban yahay 6 qodon

1- Waa in aad haysataan weelka wax lagu Karin karo

2- waa in aad haysataan sonkor

3- Waa in aad haystaan caleenta madaw ama shaah madaw

4- Waa inaad haystaa dabkii aad ku karsan lahayd

5- Waa in aad haystaa Caanihiii

6- Waa in aad haystaa wiilkii aad ku cabi lahayd marka uu kuu bislaado

Marka koobka shaaha oo ah wax ugu hor bislaada waxyaaba aynu karsano uu u baahan yahay lix qodob bal u fiirsada laba dal oo doonaaya in ay kala go’aan, miyeydaan fahansanyn in dadkan ay ka dhaxeeyeen hanta aad u badan iyo qaranimo buuxda..

1- Wadankii waxa lagu lahaa dayn badan

2- Wadanku wuxuu lahaa safaarado aduunkoo dhan ka shaqeeya

3- Wadanku wuxuu lahaa diyaarado

4- Wadanku wuxuu lahaa maraakiib

Iyo waxyaabo kale oo badan markaa waxaan qabaa in loo baahan yahay bilow ilaa dhamaad hawsha in loo wado sidii dalalkii Somaliland ka horeeyey ee helay aqoonsiga

UGU DAN BAYNTII WAXAAN UGU BAAQAYAA SHACABKA SOMALILAND

Shacabaw wadankeena waxaynu u soo marnay hawl aad u baaxad weyn oo dhib badan isla markaana maanta aynu haysano natiijadeedii mar hadii aynu nabad ku socono wadanka somaliland koone ka koone, waxaana la inoo baahan yahay in ay yarayno faalooyinka siyaasada oo u leexahano dhanka haru marka iyo wax qabsiga isla markaana degdega iyo maxay waxani sidan u noqon waayeen markiiba aynaan ku doodin ee aynu eegno hawshu culuyska ay leedahay,,

(SOMALIDUNA WAXAY KU MAAHMAAHDAA WAX RAG KAA GALAY RAKO KAA GALE)