Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

A new memorial statue in the capital of Somaliland hargeysa 2012

Xoriyad my foot. Taangigaan ayaa nalaayay iyo diyaaradaan ayaa naduqaysay, that's the symbol of your fathom 'nation'. What a sad case!

I was killed is not Xoriyadnimo, if you still think this way then you are real victims, indeed the secessionist clan are real victims, we pity you and feel sorry for you.

Xaaji Xunjuf quote:

...meelna kama dhacdo calaamka dal xoriyad u so halgamay dabeedna iska ilaway wadadi loo so maray.

Laakiin waxaan la yaabaa taariikhdii ingriiska uu ka dhigay SL inaad iska indha tirtaan, weli lama arag taallo aad u dhisteen dadkii uu wax yeelay gumeystihii, kumanaankii uu laayay ma xustaan, mujaahidiina kuma tilmaantaan. Soo lama oran karo waxan aad buunbuunineysaan waa cuqdad qabyaaladi ku dheehantahay.

I dont care for the political side of this(Hargeisa can decide what it wants to remember-and the non somalilanders can choose what to forget), Having said that, this shold be demolished right away coz this is one heck of an ugly structure. Most importantly, i oppose this and all other silly monuments...purely for economic reasons. I mean, the number of dollars spent on this couldve helped many many Somalilanders.

Mukulaalow;810668 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf quote:

Laakiin waxaan la yaabaa taariikhdii ingriiska uu ka dhigay SL inaad iska indha tirtaan, weli lama arag taallo aad u dhisteen dadkii uu wax yeelay gumeystihii, kumanaankii uu laayay ma xustaan, mujaahidiina kuma tilmaantaan. Soo lama oran karo waxan aad buunbuunineysaan waa cuqdad qabyaaladi ku dheehantahay.

Way jiraan sh bashiir international airport of burco farax omaar schoola loogu magac daray hargeysa Suldaan tima cade jamacad ba gabiley loogu magac daray schoolo ba xaaji adan afqalooc loogu magac daray wa xusanyihin nimanki ingriiska halgan la so galay.

Way jiraan sh bashiir international airport of burco farax omaar schoola loogu magac daray hargeysa Suldaan tima cade jamacad ba gabiley loogu magac daray schoolo ba xaaji adan afqalooc loogu magac daray wa xusanyihin nimanki ingriiska halgan la so galay.

Come on sxb. who are you kidding. Afar ninoo ilma adeertaaa baad iisoo tirinaysaa. I am talking about the 1000s who perished diffending their land from the British.

Mukalaloow kuwa anigu magacyadoodi ma wada hayo adigu ma haysa kumanaka kun

maxa ilmadeereday ka dhigay anigu cidna ilmadeer lama ihey anigu xaaji baan ahay cidan la ilmadeer ahay wa caruurta adeerkay dhalay uun.

Xiinfaniin taalo Bina adan horta Somaliland kama dhisna meel ay ka dhisatanahay lama sheegin.

For now taalo tangi iyo taalo Diyaarad.

Wixi kale dadki halganka ka so qeyb galay schoolada iyo jamacadaha airpoodhada ayaa loogu magac daray.

Xiinfaniin taalo Bina adan horta Somaliland kama dhisna meel ay ka dhisatanahay lama sheegin.

For now taalo tangi iyo taalo Diyaarad.

Wixi kale dadki halganka ka so qeyb galay schoolada iyo jamacadaha airpoodhada ayaa loogu magac daray.

Cajiib. anyway. xaaji keep the good work. SL needs you.

@Mokulaalow......there is statue of sheikh bashir in Burao as well as many schools named after him in hargeisa,burao etc.Farah omaar,too.Besides tell me where the British even killed 100 people.Neva happened,as you know the protectorate was by name only & there was no even 20 British nationals at any one time.The closest there was some soldiers was during fight with sayid M A H & even that the siyad exterminated entire clans( esp.people from Lascanod who r carrying his name here in SOL).I know that not only from history but I'm related to a lot thm I know personally... My grandma's entire sub clan was wiped by the Sayid.Go surf & check everywhere & show me where the British killed 10 people let alone destroy villages or towns.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;810650 wrote:
Ooh not again, the secessionist clan are at it again but why does it have to be a victim-hood symbol. Shame!

Come on Qandalawi. history cant be forgetten so easily. And Isnt that the same reason for the Greenline in Galkacyo and why many oppose uniting the city. Only diffrence is some build memorials and move on. And some divide cities and regions today many years after painfull histories. Listen to Sheick Shariif's advise and Unite the city, I tell ya.

show me where the British killed 10 people let alone destroy villages or towns.

I just can not believe some people will go too far to paint the British as saints who were just there to do good (20 British nationals) and make the very people who stood to them and fought as blood thirsty killers, I just can not believe it. Its pure evil and madness.

Saaxiib ma ilawday dagaaladii badnaa ee ay daraawiishtu la gashay Ingriiska iyo xulufadiisa. (Yes as you said there was only 20 or so blue eyed blond solders in that territory, but there were 1000s of empire mercenaries who were conscripted mostly Africa, Edan, and India to do the dirty work) credit to British ingenuity. India is the same, at its peak Britain never had more than 200 solders in India, but that does not make the colonizer any better just because he is invisible.

i am not saying Sayid was a saint, but boy, if it wasn't him your name would be Christopher Burahadeer. yes every freedom fighting movement goes through torbulances and problems and the Dervishs were not exceptional. To your question of

show me where the British killed 10 people let alone destroy villages or towns.

. Did you forget the air bombardments of taleex, did you forget the many battles the Dervishs fought bravely against the all odds e.g, Jidbaale, which costed the lives of 1000 men.

Here is just some quotes from the very RAF (Royal Air Forces) website.

Jan - Feb 1920- The RAF's first "little war". RAF units were involved in operations with the Camel Corps in British Somaliland (now Somalia) to overthrow Dervish leader Mohammed bin Abdullah Hassan, the "Mad Mullah". The airborne intervention was "the main instrument and decisive factor" in the success of the operation. Ten dH9s were dispatched to form "Z Force", and were used for bombing, strafing and as air ambulances.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/raftimeline19181929.cfm