Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

A new memorial statue in the capital of Somaliland hargeysa 2012

Carafaat   

Somalia and Samafal, should be ashamed of themselves. In one thread they oppose uniting the city of Galkacyo because of the painfull past. And here they rejoice people's reconciliation through a mere memorial of the past.

I rather have memorials to remember us of the sad history of crimes committed and to reconciale us with the past, so people can start focussing on their future. Then silently relive the past by the divisions of today, clan animosity and insecurity of their region and city.

I suggest we all learn from this kind of reconciliation of people's with the past. And maybe then we can take steps forard.

Somalia   

Carafaat;810190 wrote:
Somalia and Samafal, should be ashamed of themselves. In one thread they oppose uniting the city of Galkacyo because of the painfull past. And here they rejoice people's reconciliation through a mere memorial of the past.

I rather have memorials to remember us of the sad history of crimes committed and to reconciale us with the past, so people can start focussing on their future. Then silently relive the past by the divisions of today, clan animosity and insecurity of their region and city. I suggest we all learn from this kind of reconciliation of people's with the past. And maybe then one can take steps forard.

What painful past has Galkacyo gone through? Abdullahi Yusuf was the one who allowed them to settle in the city in the 1993 agreement. Do you want me to find the documents for you?

And Galkacyo is already united but not politically. So what do you want to do politically, who shall it be apart of? The majority or the minority? Or should it remain as it is.

quite ridiculous really....i quipped with my friend about a month ago (as the monument started taking shape...'is this another war memorial?'', what point do these sorts of memorials serve bal? somaliland should look forward.

Mooge   

i am sorry but this is pathetic. ugly looking cheap statue with cuqdad feeeling. somaliland can do better than this. lool.

peasant   

Ethiopia baan waxaan ku arki jiray dad ku tuugsada boogo iyo dhaawacyo jirka uga yaal. Dadka nocaas ah waxaa dhaqan u ah in ay xoqaan oo fiiqaan boogahaas iyo dhaawacyadaas ku yaal si aysan u bogsan oo ay mudo dheer ugu sii tuugsadaan.

Tani waxba ma dhaanto arintaas. Xukuumadi Siyaad somali badan ayey wax yeelaysay balse cid taangiyo iyo diyaarado meel surta ma jiraan ee meesha sheeko kale ayaa laga dan leeyahay. Cuqdad ayaa la rabaa in la barbaariyo..

Abdul   

The irony is today they are using tanks or whatever is left of them against peaceful towns and villages.

Carafaat   

It's an object. You can discuss it's esthetics. But rather have this to closure the past. Then divided cities(Galkacyo), clans still fighting over cities(Kismayo) or joining Al shabaab because of cuqdad.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;810355 wrote:
We want people to invest but on one corner there is a MiG plane and on another there is a tank monument.

They're monuments, saaxib. A sure sign of peace and a big fat nod at history. Wax fahan.