Sign in to follow this  
Mukulaalow

Martini Hospital Club.

I was born in Martini Hospital in Mogadishu. I realize almost half of Muqdishanis born in the 60s, 70s and 80s were born in that Hospital.

are you one of them????

Martini Hospital

Martini Hospital in Mogadishu, named after a famous Italian general, was founded by Italian colonisers in 1912. A former military hospital, it played a huge role in the 1977 war between Somalia and Ethiopia.

Since the fall of the Siyad Barre regime in 1991, Martini Hospital has ceased to function as a hospital. Rather now it is a place of residence to over 1000 families.

The last twenty years of conflict have decimated the building. Much of its infrastructure has been destroyed and the place runs now almost like a refugee camp. Most families here have disabled members and attending to their needs means their day to day lives are difficult.

Sawiro laga soo qaaday booqashada PM Gaas ku tagay Martiini 24 August 2011

IMG_9860.jpg

Raysul wasaaraha oo ku sugan Isbitaal Martiini

IMG_9878.jpg

Raysul wasaaraha oo la jooga naafada ciidanka xoogga dalka Soomaaliyeed ee jooga Isbitaal Martiini

Martini isbitaalka dadka waalan lagu daaweenjiray soo ma aha ?

lool. Maya sxb, Maana koobiyo maa ku khaldeysaa? maybe Martini had a mental illness section as well.

Abwaan   

Che -Guevara;809424 wrote:
^Adiga gees hoostiis haye:D

No I wasn't. Nothing wrong with geed hoostiis though.....Wasn't your father born there if you were not and denying it:D or you want to claim that you were born in the US? Wax walba ayaa kaa suurtooba. If you want to know where I was born revisit the thread that was started a while ago where some SOL members shared their place of birth.

peasant   

Shinbir Majabe;809379 wrote:
NO, Banaadir Hospital ayaan ku dhashay 11 July 198*.

Ana sidoo kale banaadir ayaan ku dhashay. Walaalkay ayaa ku dhashay martini oo waxaa lagu foorjayn jiray, martini baad ku dhalatay iyo maro tiintiinleh.