Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Which City In Somalia Is Most Developed?

Dr_Osman   

wasiirkaMaaliyadaPuntland.jpg

I think it is time to open up this debate. As of 2012 which city in Somalia can be given the title "the most developed city of Somalia and fastest growing city of Somalia"? There are really 3 fore-runners

1. Bosaso

2. Mogadishu

3. Hargeisa

My ratings of the above city are;

I think as a whole marki region vs region la firiyo, I think Puntland is really taking the cake!!! Primarily because the amount of cities that are booming in every sector is unseen in any other parts of somalia at such wide scale over different cities and towns.

However I think marki la firiyo city vs city, it's a tough call. Mogadishu might be war-torn, however Bakara markets is well developed and the skyline is just amazing, plus the city undoubtebly has the best infrastructure in the nation when you look at the ports, roads, and airports!!! However marki la firiyo hotels, residential properties, hospitals, basic water, electricity, sanitation and investments, I think it is sorely lacking compared to other cities of Somalia.

Hargeisa is looking good too with a few towers here and there but the city is more a residential market focused city. They have probably the best hotels in all of Somalia marki quality la firiyo and some nice houses. It sorely behind other cities of Somalia in basic sanitation, electricity, entrepeneurship, hospitals, and education is below par !!!

Bosaso is looking good too as far as the skyline is concerned, its probaby the best city in terms of enterpreneurial spirit(the amount of things opening there in the business/agricultural/oil space is unmatched). Hospitals, Schools, Water, Sanitation are top level. Electricity is backwards with alot of outages but may change if SEPCO opens up. Its bad points are the infrastruture is way behind Somalia particularly roads, airport, and port..All of which are being worked on as we speak in-particularly roads and port.

So its hard to choose which city in Somalia is the most developed for me, because each city has its own strength. Residential properties and hotels=hargeisa (but damn is garowe coming close), Business/Enterpeneurial=Bosaso...Infrastructure= Mogadishu...Education and Hospitals= Bosaso...Electricity is below standard in all cities. Investments are stronger in Hargeisa and Bosaso.

So its tough call for me, as far im concerned I think each city has its strength and weaknesses

1. Bakaaraha

2. Madiino (Wadajir + Dharkenleey)

3. Xamarweyne

:):)

Muqdisho magaalo lala barbardhigi karo ma jirto, dhan walba.. waxaa is barbardhigtaa degmooyinka Xamar iyo Magaalooyinka kale.

Carafaat   

Dr.Osman, in term of size you are comparing the biggest, second biggest and the 13th biggest city of Somalia with eachother. :D

Dr_Osman   

Carafaat;804746 wrote:
Dr.Osman, in term of size you are comparing the biggest, second biggest and the 13th biggest city of Somalia with eachother.
:D

Well thats thanks to colonials for setting up shop in your backyard, not ours!!! John iyo James ba ka dhici jiray Berbera and we all know where the largest church was located in somalia mogadishu, wax lagu faano miyaa waxaas? you should faan about what your fathers did not what someone else fathers did your father lol!!!! I faan about saldanadayda because its my fathers and grandfathers

Anyways this about progressiveness and which city is leading. Like I said im undecided as far as city vs city is concerned because I find both strength and weaknesses in most cities, but as a region vs region my mind is already made up after assessing facts

Dr_Osman;804753 wrote:
Well thats thanks to colonials for setting up shop in your backyard, not ours!!! John iyo James ba ka dhici jiray Berbera and we all know where the largest church was located in somalia mogadishu, wax lagu faano miyaa waxaas? you should faan about what your fathers did not what someone else fathers did your father lol!!!! I faan about saldanadayda because its my fathers and grandfathers

Anyways this about progressiveness and which city is leading. Like I said im undecided as far as city vs city is concerned because I find both strength and weaknesses in most cities, but as a region vs region my mind is already made up after assessing facts

Osman, i can't believe you have to ask which region is the most progressive in terms of economic:confused:

uchi   

Surprise surprise...I knew bosaso would be mentioned before I opened the thread~ give it a rest Doctor take a break~

I would like to name one city outright, but unfortunately none of them are 'developed'.

Having said that, I think Mogadishu is by far, or certainly has the most potential to become (in a comparatively short period of time), the most developed city in Somalia.

It is/was the capital and as such received a lot of investment. It has the structures and ingredients there. Soon all the major roads in the city will be re-paved. Its airport will receive investment. The deep-sea port is there as well. It has the population/political/economic base; the neccesary basic layout/planning. It will be easier and cheaper to re-build this city than it will be to bring, say Hargeisa or even Boosaaso, up to the same level.

Dr_Osman;804753 wrote:
we all know where the largest church was located in somalia mogadishu, wax lagu faano miyaa waxaas? you should faan about what your fathers did not what someone else fathers did your father lol!!!! I faan about saldanadayda because its my fathers and grandfathers

I think you'll find that Mogadihu is an ancient city - has been a city-state since before the 10th century :D

uchi   

I don't understand why we are comparing Mogadishu to other towns/Cities~ it's too far ahead to be reached by any other town in Somalia.

uchi;804791 wrote:
I don't understand why we are comparing Mogadishu to other towns/Cities~ it's too far ahead to be reached by any other town in Somalia.

One possible contender, surprising though it may be, is the city of Berbera. Although Berbera has been Berbera like Mogadishu has all the ingredients there. A large semi-modern deep-sea port; the longest runway on the African continent; historical areas and buildings; a beach. It has more paved roads (# of roads, not length) than any other northern city - I can confirm this. It is ideal for factories and other such investments. Unfortunately it has not received the investment mainly because of the heat. though lately it has been receiving a lot of attention. In any case, it will be cheaper to develop Berbera than it will be to bring Hargeisa up to standard. I could easily say that though Hergeisa is more populated, Berbera has much, much better infrastructure - they are not even on the same level. All it needs is cobble-stone paving of side-streets, suuqs etc.

So IMO

1 = Mogadishu

2 = Berbera

3= Probably/Potentially Kismaayo IF it receives the same level of investment as Mogadishu (which I doubt).

No surprise they are all port-cities.