Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Which City In Somalia Is Most Developed?

Showqi   

OdaySomali;804794 wrote:
One possible contender, surprising though it may be, is the city of Berbera. Although Berbera has been Berbera like Mogadishu has all the ingredients there. A large semi-modern deep-sea port; the longest runway on the African continent; historical areas and buildings; a beach. It has more paved roads (# of roads, not length) than any other northern city - I can confirm this. It is ideal for factories and other such investments. Unfortunately it has not received the investment mainly because of the heat. though lately it has been receiving a lot of attention. In any case, it will be cheaper to develop Berbera than it will be to bring Hargeisa up to standard. I could easily say that though Hergeisa is more populated, Berbera has much, much better infrastructure - they are not even on the same level. All it needs is cobble-stone paving of side-streets, suuqs etc.

So IMO

1 = Mogadishu

2 = Berbera

3= Probably/Potentially Kismaayo IF it receives the same level of investment as Mogadishu (which I doubt).

No surprise they are all port-cities.

Berbera can not compete with Mogdish for three reasons:

1- Mogadishu has a larger population then Berbera.

2-Mogadishu has a better weather then Berbera (in Berbera they have something they call xagaa bax. And in that period they have to close business and leave the town, because the weather gets so hot that its unbearable to stay inside Berbera town. So tell me which business man will agree to close his business more than three days!)

3-Mogdishu is larger then Berbera.

There are only two cities that can compete with Mogadishu and those are Hargeysa and Kismayo. No other city in Somalia can come close to Mogadishu, no way

the only city that the rest of the country will need to compete with as of now is BOSASO and once the oil money comes; forget about BOSASO, worry about places like CARMO and HAFUUN.

Showqi;804806 wrote:
(in Berbera they have something they call xagaa bax. And in that period they have to close business and leave the town, because the weather gets so hot that its unbearable to stay inside Berbera town. So tell me which business man will agree to close his business more than three day!)

Solar panels/generator + aircon + fridge + cold drinks + beach = solution :D Just look @ Djibouti or Dubai... they are just as hot as Berbera in the summer season.

Somalia   

kingofkings;804811 wrote:
the only city that the rest of the country will need to complete with as of now is BOSASO and once the oil money comes; forget about BOSASO, worry about places like CARMO and HAFUUN.

They are all dreaming, Berbera kulahaa :rolleyes:

Showqi   

Kingofings, We will see

But you are also forgeting that Mogdishu is your capital city, and requires and will collect Federal taxes from every province of Somalia. Even the Carmo and the Hafuun you are talking about.

Showqi;804829 wrote:
Kingofings, We will see

But you are also forgeting that Mogdishu is your capital city, and requires and will collect Federal taxes from every province of Somalia. Even the Carmo and the Hafuun you are talking about.

dream on. PL wealth belongs to her citizen.

All Ciyaal Tuulo, Xamar 21 years ayay jiiftay waadna gaari wayseen.. marka booloxuuftadaan badan dhaafa, Boosaaso walaa Barbara midna Xamar ma gaareyso next 20 years..

Gaacuur;804832 wrote:
All Ciyaal Tuulo, Xamar 21 years ayay jiiftay waadna gaari wayseen.. marka booloxuuftadaan badan dhaafa, Boosaaso walaa Barbara midna Xamar ma gaareyso next 20 years..

yeah, who in there right mind wants to compete with the city of death, destruction, and how did i forget, the most dangerous city on the planet. the only thing mogadishu did in the last 20 years is hold back the country. i hope you're proud of yourself. :rolleyes:

Showqi;804852 wrote:
Gaacuur brother he is not even gonna come close.So forget it. Its:

Muqdishu

Hargeysa

Baladweyne

baidoa

Kismaayoà

Burco

But then again he will tell you I have oil now!!!

i know, there there. everything will be okay. but look at the bright, no amount of rant will take away the success of PL and her people. as far the your fake city population is concerned, everyone knows the population of PL and city population of somalia.