Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Farmaajo, suited candidate for the Presidency?

Carafaat   

Last night Farmaajo was here in Holland as part of his tour to candidate himself for the Presidency in august. He seems popular among a wide spectrum of folks specially from Souther Somalia. I can understand why, the guy is a sweet talker. But lets asses this candidate;

- Farmaajo used the media to communicate his message to the public. Signalling a messaage of a goverment that has changes and is doing its best. Returning hope and large support to the TFG. This is quite an achievement.

-Farmaajo was hand picked to function as PM and Head of goverment. He was barely in function for couple of months. Meaning that he failed to position his goverment and his osition in the centre of goverment.

-in his shorttime as PM he managed to anger and disfrenchise import political players in Somalia. Instead of trying reach a consensus for the common goal and forge a coalition, he angered Puntland, Somaliland, Kenya,Ethiopians, Amisom, AU, UN and TFP. This shows that Farmaajo is politicly unexperienced and failed to forge any kind of a coalition to reach his goal. Explaining his fall.

-Farmaajo should have become the dealmaker between the legislative and the State, but he never managed.

-Farmaajo seems to play an. American style of populist politics. Focussing on his public image and to get a mandate from the public, women, youth, minorities, etc. But Somalia is not America and Farmaajo is not elected by the public and this makes public support little relevent but booking results and achievements more important.

-If Farmaajo was serieuz about his candidateship he would be touring Somalia rather then European capitals. He should be touring Garowe, Bosasso,Galkacyo, Muqdisho, Nairobi, Addis Abbesa, Hargeysa. He would be forging support from Somalis business people, civil society, local and regional political pplayers, he would visit Faroole, Siilanyo, caalin, Mahiga rather then visiting women in the diaspora who are little relevent for the dealings in the country.

THerefor I think that Farmaajo is not suited for the position eventhough he pplayed a crucial role in giving back hope to people who had little exppectations anymore from the TFG.

^You are jumping to conclusion but you asked a fair question, and my is to that is: remains to be seen.

Being appointed to PM position and establishing a formidable political force/party, running it smoothly and to win the top seat is totally a different thing.

I welcome him to the scenery of Somali political landscape, having the likes of him on this stage is a breath of fresh air.

Duufaan   

I welcome Farmaajo candidacy. it is more than breath of fresh air. Farmaajo is problem solver rather maintain the status queue. Somalia needs administration who focus on building institution, fight corruption and putting people work. Farmaajo is proud Somali and believes Somalis can solve their problems. Somalis can learn the success of Malakawi in Iraq, his natiolistics stance and refusal of status queue brought Iraq back. Farmaajo popularity goes beyond, diaspora, he has proud support of politicians and academics, including Mohamed Abdilaahe oomaar from Hargeysa and Xalane south west. In order to win he needs half of seats, it will be very hard to beat.

Carafaat   

Duufaan, mohamed abdullahi omaar politician and academic? In which world? :D

And what has Farmaajo done to build institutions? He should have stayed in Muqadisho and continued in another capacity instead of leaving directly after his resignation. Meeshu ma musqul baa, oo dhaqso laga baxo marka laga dhamesyto danta?

Carafaat   

Somalina, abaayo, see tahay?

I know Farmaajo is popular and hits the right tone with young girls and single mothers from diaspora. But its actiopns that count not words.

Farmaajo should have stayed in Somalia rather leaving immediatly Muqdishu ma Musqul buu mooday?

Duufaan   

carafaat

he was there short time. but you can credit him, building security forces and building moqdisho roads by doing so empoying many people. although he come from Gedo where siyad bare from, he manage to win many hearts.

Carafaat   

Duufaan;798761 wrote:
carafaat

he was there short time. but you can credit him, building security forces and building moqdisho roads by doing so empoying many people. although he come from Gedo where siyad bare from, he manage to win many hearts.

I though he is from the Cabudwaaq lineage? Yes he should be commented for communicating with public and returning hope. But is PR and Propaganda and stealing single mothers hart enough to restore Somalia? Even when you read his thesis, I doubt if he understand the causes of the conflict and solutions. He rather seems ideologicaly not far away from other Siyadist.

Carafaat, Farmaajo and his ministers kick started the current progress we r witnissing :

He was the first to pay the army regularly

Established the current National TV

Opened the Cenrtal Bank and created a healthy environment

And of course was goo communicator ---hence why he has supporters Frm different clans .

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;798773 wrote:

Well, I wish the best of luck to this chap; for he could be different from the others who had a silly scam of using Somalis misery to enrich themselves; even, if they have to show their faces for few months before they leg back to their cushy diaspora's existence. But, for what is worth, lets hope he shall be bit different than the legions who preceded him in this political scam of being here today and gone tomorrow. And, therefore, lets hope he is in it for the long haul in Somalia. But, still, I have may doubt; but, we shall see.

However, I can't let passed the silly assertion of Carafaat that suggest this man could of gone to
Hargeisa
or even visit the likes of President Silanyo in his presidential place in Somaliland. Since, unless it's one of his silly argument, our friend, Carafat, well knows, that, the likes of Mr Farmajo is much closer in winning the US's lottery than being allowed to visit in Hargeisa or even break bread with the likes of President Silanyo in Hargerisa (of all places). But, then, again, sometimes it's difficult to take our Carafat that seriously, since, he has the habit of believing what he sees in his dreams in most nights, indeed...
:D
:D

Abti Oodweymeh, habeen wanaagsan,

If Cusmaan Kaluun can visit President Siilanyo in Hargeysa, if Jamaac Qaliib can have a Presidential welcome in Hargeysa, if Cusmaan Caato can have big business there, why couldnt Farmaajo have some thee in Hargeysa and request a meeting with AMM Siilanyo. Mise waanu qabyaladeenaa? Oo Libaaxyada uun ayaa loo ogolyahay? :D

Coofle   

A great man, He proved himself to be capable and I think for now He is the only suitable candidate for the war-torn country of Somalia....