Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Farmaajo oo ku dhawaaqey Xisbi cusub oo siyaasadeed (SAWIRO)

Raysalwasaarihii hore ee Soomaaliya Maxamed Cabdullaahi Farmaajo ayaa habeenimadii xalay ka qaybgalay xaflad si weyn loo soo agaasimey oo ka dhacdey dalka Holland magaalada Den Haag.

Xafladda oo ahayd mid daaha looga rogaayo xisbi cusub oo u tartami doona siyaasadda Soomaaliya ayaa waxaa kamid ahaa dadka xisbigan kula mideysan Farmaajo Wasiirkii hore ee arrimaha dibadda Maxamed Cabdullaahi Oomaar, Wasiirkii Hore ee Maaliyadda Xuseen Xalane iyo xubno kale oo ka soo shaqeeyey siyaasadda Soomaaliya.

Xafladdii ka dhacdey magaalada Den Haag ayaa Raysalwasaarihii hore uga dhawaaqey xisbiga cusub oo loogu magacdaray Tayo Party, waxaana ku mideysan siyaasiyiin hore uga soo shaqeeyey Soomaaliya.

Farmaajo ayaa muddooyinkii danbe wedey dedaal siyaasadeed kaas oo ku doonaayo in isbedelka cusub ee bisha August 2012 uu mar kale ka soo muuqdo miiska siyaasadda.

Raysalwasaare Farmaajo ayaa xilka iska casiley Bishii Juun 2011 isaga oo xilka hayey muddo 8 bilood ah, kadib markii heshiis sidaas lagu gaarey magaalada Kampala ee dalka Uganda.

Hoseed Media

DSCF6602.jpg

DSCF6596.jpg

DSCF6334.jpg

DSCF6172.jpg

And the jockeying commences...

I wonder how much support he has on the ground. Will the Ugandans and Ethiopians attempt to block his attempts to revive his role? How will this affect the Roadmap and Garowe Principles, given that he hails from communities not represented in that agreement?

Many questions come to mind...

Abdul   

His community will have their fare share in any new government like everybody else and yes he will be a very good candidate for the top job.

Faroole will not win again, he will move on as all the leaders before him after his tenure ends; and I don't think Farmaajo has the backbone or what it takes to win.

The Chinese model of replacing generations of leaders every decade I think would work well. Vitality and new ideas are what's is missing from the current Somali leadership.

Somalia;798720 wrote:
I hope Faroole remains in Puntland if Farmaajo gets the job.

If I read your statement correctly, your suspicion is understandable, but I don’t reckon it has any merit in the current political calculus. I strongly believe Farmaajo would not replicate past blunder of trying to undermine Puntland. He was naive in endorsing isolationist policies at the time and he alone paid a heavy price for it. In the end, he was thrown to the wolves by the same Shariif he was parroting his policies. Farmaajo strikes me as a quick learner and an honest man. He has already thrown his support behind the roadmap and the Garowe Principles and that is where I think he passes the initial test of political maturity. Even good Shariif has matured politically. We shall see.

PS: Tayo Party is a fine move on his part. Let the ballot box speak for itself.

Somalia   

Oodweyne;798901 wrote:
In other plain language, he -
Mr. Farmajo
- had seen the light and have supported the political agenda of the
"Tolka"
of pirate-land. Hence, in your estimation, he has immeasurably matured in here, indeed...
:D

Well, that may be case, at least from where you are standing. But, I assure you, when the horse-trading begins in earnest, particularly, in and around August; you will see his
"constituency"
making all sort of grumbling, along the lines that says that they were not signatory to the
"Garowe principles"

And therefore, at the very least, they will have to be allowed to have their very own
"federal region"
(just like puntland), particularly, one that is around
"Gedo-to-Kismyo"
fertile regions. Or else, their argument, will resemble some of the objectionable talk that we are currently hearing from certain section of the Mogadishu folks.

Hence, if I were you, my friend, I would not be so quick to assume that the likes of
Mr. Farmajo
of this world has become a decent and reliable
"friend"
of the agenda of pirate-land. At least not this early in the game of this endless saga call the politics of Somalia in the post-transitional period, indeed..

I think he's trying to say that he won't further his agenda by playing a rogue populist anymore. He's recognized the power of the Garowe principles and has indeed thrown his way behind it. He knows that the principles are the accepted framework for implementing a federal system with people like eedo Clinton telling us anyone in the TFG who opposes the transition will be sanctioned. As for the politics of Jubboyinka, it won't be possible for his "constituency" to move single-handedly in that region, a lot people live there and there should be a consensus.

Carafaat   
:D Oodweyneh I guess Farmaajo organized a meeting with Puntlanders admitting mistakes and sweet talking Puntlanders. But you are right Farmaajo and folks belief in centralist State and diffrences with Puntland's fevoured Federalism remain.