Sign in to follow this  
BOB

2008 African Cup Of Nations in Ghana.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

First and foremost C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S to the GREATEST African nation for winning the African Cup of Nations title how many times now.....My brother Northerner please fill in the blank space for me ;) and secondly congrats to my fellow Pharoahs fan Ngonge...you know your African football indeed and for that I take my hat off to you.

and for the rest...based on your comments...I realized most of you just hate Arabs for god knows why and it's a shame...but then again you're Somali and we're known to have the tendency to always hate the wrong people and love our enemies...however...you forgot that this is a sport and in sport you're supposed to be fair and give credit where it's due and keep your personal feelings to YOURSELF...

Ivory Coast played fancy football and I for one enjoyed watching them thoroughly and without a shadow of a doubt they got the most talented squad in Africa right now but football is a team sport and if you don't have a good team you can't win and in Egypt they came against the best team in this year's African Cup of Nations...credit must go to Hasan Shehata for building such an awesome team quitely which made the African journalists write them off simply because they chose to play their friendlies against Angola, Chad, Burkinafaso and other African minnows while your Nigerians, Ghanians, Cameroonians and Ivorians of this world chose to play against the footballing super powers and for me that's where they completely lost the plot...why on earth would you play against a European country in Europe when you're about to play African Cup of Nations here in Africa?

Let's talk about another sickness that the most African teams suffer from...DISCIPLINE...I don't know if you've heard but just 24 hours before Senegal faced South Africa 6 players went to clubbing until 4 AM and who was the ringleader? Yep..you guessed it...El Hadji Diuof...the captain himself...do you want to hear another story? The players of Ghana and Ivory Coast went on a drinking binge and some reports said there were even strippers brought into the camp and imagine this happened when they both qualified for the Semi-final beating Nigeria and Guinea respectively and what were the Cameroonians and Egyptians doing you may ask..well they were sleeping peacefully in their own beds...saving energy for the semi final...what did the Ghanian officials tell the world when they lost to Cameroon? some of our players suffered from Malaria and others from injury at the training camp they said...yeah right...I guess that explains why Abedi Pele said that there's too much outside influence on the team and some players were selfish and lacked discipline...his two main worries.

Cameroon will be back as they are a team going through a transition period right now that's why I was referring to them as Cubs instead of their famous Indomitable Lions and Nigeria will fire their coach Berti Vogts which they should never hire in the first place as there's nothing a German or English coach could offer to African football as we play entirely different football than the one they're accustomed to and Ivory Coast shall more or less have the same team and until they give their all and show fighting spirit and determination the same way they do for their European teams then I'm afraid the poor Ivorian people will taste another major disappointment and while they are at it they should add URGENCY to their game and stop pretending to be Brazil and it's high time that Aruna Dindane delivered when it really matters...he was major disappointment but then again most of their big names were on that night and I remember Abedi Pele suggesting before the game that if he was the Ivorian coach he would've started with Boubacar Sonogo from Werder Bremen instead of Dinadane and I totally agree with him and I feel sorry for my favourite Ivorian in Bacary Kone...I enjoyed his thunderous strike against Guinea...and last but not least the mighty Pharoahs, the kings of african football both at international and club level, African cup of nations tournament record holders from appearance to winning to goal scoring…will lose few players to age…and I suspect we may have seen the last of Wael "The Rock Of Gibraltar" Gomaa, Ahmed "Captain Marvel" Hassan but they should have no worries as their names shall forever live on thorough the golden legacy they leave behind and I SALUTE THEM as they thoroughly deserved to win it even if Emad Motaeb never found the net and almost gave me a heart-attack when he missed two quick chances but I forgive him even if I'm an Al Zamalek fan...but their crazy fans left my family sleepless last night in Cairo. :D

PS. Kudos to the Egyptian Football Federation for giving Hassan Shehata a two year contract just 24 hours before the Final...That was beautiful. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ :D

He's the captain and he always seems to rise to the occasion. But the real main man is the Mecalim (as the Egyptians call him) Hassan Shehatah. If only he got the job before the qualifying rounds for the 2006 World Cup I am sure Egypt would have participated in that tournament.

The shame of it all is that he was criticised by the Egyptian media and some in the Egyptian FA wanted him sacked after this year's tournament (they didn’t expect Egypt to make it to the last four, never mind winning the darn thing). He proved them all wrong! :D

When asked about his message to all his detractors, he replied: 'It was Allah's will that we won this cup'. He said nothing about himself or his own input there. What a man! What a man!

ps

He only gets $10,000 per year!

N.O.R.F   

realized most of you just hate Arabs for god knows why and it's a shame...but then again you're Somali and we're known to have the tendency to always hate the wrong people and love our enemies...however...you forgot that this is a sport and in sport you're supposed to be fair and give credit where it's due and keep your personal feelings to YOURSELF...

Bobster, its not about hating Arabs saxib but in the park on a weekend afternoon I KNOW no Arab is better than me (an African) at the beautiful game. To me it is a shame.

ps the commentator mentioned all Arab capitals in celebratory mood but guess which capital he forgot :D

ps the commentator mentioned all Arab capitals in celebratory mood but guess which capital he forgot

If you were listening to the same commentary i was (ART) he added them on at the end 'Wa muqdishoo, wa Jibutii.....kule dawla carabii' ;)

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote: realized most of you just hate Arabs for god knows why and it's a shame...but then again you're Somali and we're known to have the tendency to always hate the wrong people and love our enemies...however...you forgot that this is a sport and in sport you're supposed to be fair and give credit where it's due and keep your personal feelings to YOURSELF...

Bobster, its not about hating Arabs saxib but in the park on a weekend afternoon I KNOW no Arab is better than me (an African) at the beautiful game. To me it is a shame.

:Dzidane460.jpg

NGONGE   

Egyptian football team builds a mosque in Ghana

Egyptian football players donated a portion of the bonus they got for making the African Cup finals to build a mosque in the Ghanaian city of Kumasi, which has a Muslim majority.

"Every player made a donation," the captain of the Egyptian club al-Ahly, Shady Mohamed, said in a phone interview with the Egyptian Modern Sport channel.

"The team also collected a big amount of money for the poor of Kumasi," Mohamed was reported as saying by the Egyptian daily independent Al-Masri Al-Youm.

The decision to make the donation was taken after Egypt defeated Angola 2-1 in the quarter finals of the African Cup of Nations, which Egypt went on to win in a 1-0 defeat over Cameroon on Sunday.

The Egyptian team also slaughtered three cows during their stay in Ghana and distributed the meat to the poor – an act of charity that all Muslims are encouraged to make whenever possible.

After Ghanaian press reports speculated that the first slaughter was some kind of black magic aimed at weakening rival teams, the second and third offerings were made in secret, the President of the Egyptian Football Association Samir Zaher said in press statements.

The players also befriended Sheikh Ahmed Said, the imam of the mosque they attended in the southern central city of Kumasi.

Said, who speaks perfect Arabic, graduated from al-Azhar and lived in Cairo for years. He said he was impressed by the piety of the Egyptian players and how they knelt after each goal they scored.

According to official statistics, Muslims make up 16 percent of Ghana's 22-million population. But the head of the Accra Higher Institute for Islamic Research, Sheikh Abdul-Qader Nibari, says the actual number is around 35 percent.

Ghana is a secular state where all religions are treated equally. Christianity is the main religion and there are also a variety of pagan creeds.

Muslims in Ghana occupy high-ranking posts, such as the Vice President Ali Mohamed and Minister of Labor Mustafa Ali, as well as a large number of officers in the Ghanaian police and army.

Meanwhile, back in Egypt, the government passed a law to monitor donations made to mosques in an effort to combat funding to terror groups.

The Religious Affairs Committee of the Egyptian People's Assembly -- the lower house of parliament -- approved the draft law on monitoring donations to government and civil mosques, especially those affiliated to the Islamic non-governmental organizations.

Source

13_sp_football_egypt10_5.jpg