Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

Carafaat   

Faarax-Brawn;800485 wrote:
You are very well versed with Nairobi. Lavington is indeed a bit far from Eastleigh....But one can get there quite fast as well...of course depending on the route...i personally came from eastleigh thru westlands, karibu na Parklands, then cross Waiyaki way (via musuem hill i think) dash past aboretum drive and head straight thru kileleshwa police/primary school, and Bam! i was right in Lavington. ama?- but its been like ages since i was in Nairobi.

Faarax, do you know the gasstation at Parklands where all the cars are parked? :D

BOB   

Maaddeey;800919 wrote:
photo1026.jpg

Muufadii Xalay break aa laga qaatay oo alaabtaan aa lagu bedelay!
:)

Alaabtaan iyo bisbaas markaa isku dhufato xaalkaaga baraanbar waaye aan ku leeyahay. :D Caafimaad waaye laakiin Maaddeey hadaa single tahay kuuma roona ee isjir mugoo widaayoow hadii kale ceebaa dheceeso. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

^^oh YUM. For those that might have visited rural kenya..add yams(sweet potatoes) with NDUMA (or taro/arrowroot)...awesome array of legume dish. Maadey try baking them in the OVEN like fries w/OLIVE OIL.

Tutu...12th street ilikuwa maskani ya mabestes i knew. I used to connect mat3 there to school, town, etc & back. The round-a-bout ile bado vile vile..Speaking of Bomas of Kenya (LOOOVE that place) i went there in 1996 for a show..& for someone who grew up in USHAGO..i was thrilled..my kinda stuff baan is iri..i was enjoying the show very much.

Walahi islii wey is bedeshe...mararkii ugu dambeyse aan tagey..anaaba ku dhex lumey meesha.

Maadeey, calooshaada see tahay horta. Waxaan aad isku daldaleysid calooshaada ma socodsiinoyaan miyaa. Bataatigaas macaan saa u lahaa cun aan kusoo noqday. Waaba iska ilooway. Intee waaye meesha lagu gadooyo aad kasoo sawirtay?

Maaddeey   

Sxb, caloosha aad ey iigu fiicantahay, si aad eh aan u qaras baxay markaan 2 litre oo caano geel saafi cabay, thanks.

Bataatiga meelo badan aa lagu gadaa, lakin kan sawirka waa maqaayadda Togdheer dhinaceeda.

Edit:

raula, bataatiga subagga lagu shiilo aan jeclaan jiray markaygii hore, lakin hadda I like the boiled one more!, bilcaan reer Khadija Haji eh aa ii sameysa! :)

Bob, Ilaahey aa naga koriyey iskaabulonimo!

Those flats waxaa ka qaalisan ka waran kuwa Islii ku yaalo qaarkood that cost 30,000 or more per month. Soomaalidana meeshaas rabaan, meeshaan nadiifka ah ma rabaan oo cidlada iyo wehel la'aanta diidayaan.

By the way, so far according to your pictures, it seems meeshaa degantahay ama ka qaraabatid waa xaafadda Jaamka, between sarta Burcadbadeed, maqaayadda Togdheer, saraha Kambaniyaasha iyo masaajidka Hidaaya. Profile waa lagaa sameyn karaa. 058.gif. Saraha cusub meeshaas ku yaalo midkood ku degtay.

Have you been to xaafadda Juakali oo ku taalo masaajidka Hidaaya markii lasii moodo, not dhinaca sarta Burcadbadeeda but dhanka dambe ee masaajidka markaa sii aadid. The more aad sii socotid, the more xaafadahaas dangerous yihiin oo tuugo ka buuxaan, siiba Mlango Kubwa markaa gaartid.

raula   

St. Teresa's-is it still on 1st street up by the corner towards juja road from eastleigh?

Maadey..enjoy bro. I eat bataati at least every 3 months or so..here in states..xiiso daraadeed. There was some old kids folktales/song we used to sing.. "bataati buun dubow..sagaarey/sagaarow sali macaaney..." something along those lines.

MMA..adna Eastleigh baa cimriga kuugu dhici mandhow.

BOB   

Maaddeey;801604 wrote:
photo1032q.jpg

St. Teresa Church

Kaniisadaan waxa la isugu soo ururin jiray Soomaalia Mareeykanka & meelahaas loo wado.

I've never seen Somalis in there, maybe after I left in 96 but definitely not before as I used to go there to box and use the gym every evening then head down to Sunset on 3rd Street to show off my teenage muscles to the supuus by walking around like I was Hulk...those were the days man. :D

PS. Does Sunset still exist? Maaddeey find out for me please bro, it was on 3rd Street the opposite of the mosque. even though I used to get it for free still I never liked the chicken and chips of Jam St , that Indian kihara made the best chicken and chips in entire Nairobi.

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

^^^balo ma kus kuska yar yar baa..lol. I dont think Sunset exists..but Maadey & MMA etc can tell you. The place has changed BOB..adaaba lagu iibsan markaad tagtid meesha. Iska jir.

BOB,

I can confirm that SunSet doesn't exist anymore . That Muhindi young with his little chicken and chips shop is overtaken by Walendos as you call it lol

I was parked outside the 3rd str mosque the other night and started reminiscing old times........In fact Islii has shifted towards Pumpani and 12 Str .....That is the town centre right now.

About St. Tersa Church,

Used to go there to play Basketball and video games around 97 . Also they used to offer English classes , so i guess that is when u left .

Maadeey,

The only mosque you showed in your thread is meesha Hassan Hebel oo dadku ku gaaleeyo looool I knew you will go there.

Xataa wuxuu gaaleeey Umul & Shibili let alone dadka kale. I think he works for CIA coz every time he does a controversial talk, CID parks outside the mosque and arrests the audience but not HIM . Perhaps you can ask him why he is not arrested like others ?