Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

Maaddeey   

After, cawo gashow, eating the below excessively:

photo1017s.jpg, I had mindhicir duluqow and had to visit this Isbitali (AllianceMedical Centre):

photo1016n.jpg

which is in this building:

photo1014f.jpg

Madiino Mall

Waaba soo sheegi rabay sawirka labaad markaa arkay oo aa tiri meeshee waaye meeshaan. Farta meesha ku dhagan ayaaba ka gartay.

Tabeelahaas 1st Ave. ku qorantahay oo isgoyska ku dhex yaalo waa iga dambeeye.

Burkaas iyo sambuuskaas soonkii cuni jiray. Balaayo baas maxee caloosha iga qabteen, mana iska deen jirin. In the last few days of soonka ogaaday meel fiican lagu gado, not kuwa jidadka taag taagan in laga gado. Maqaayad lagu gado fiican la ii sheegay.

Maaddeey;797306 wrote:
photo1000l.jpg

MMA
, sarta soke aa Al shabaab la dhahaa oo dukaamada hoos ku leh, waxaana loogu bixiyey dhallinyaro aa loud music waqti dambe ku shidi jireen kabacdi waa la evict-gareeyey, meeshaan Shabaab aa degan camaley dheheen.
:D

Sarta aa ka hadleysid tan ee ahayd miyaa. Maxaa hoosteeda agmaray waligeyna kor kor uma fiirinin runtii. Waxaaba moodaaye sar yar oo laba dabaq camal sida loojka camal inay ku taalo dukaamada ka dambeyso ileen waa mid dheerba oo tan burcadbadeedda midig ka muuqato la siman.

Saraha kale soo arag. Sida sarta Tifqaaye, sarta Muuse Suudi (7thka ku taalaa, kasoo horjeedka masaajidka and no Muuse Suudi malaha), sarta Jinniboqor oo 4th ku taalo iyadana. Saraha Mataanaha wey jiraan iyagana oo waxee ku yaalaan jidka yar ka baxaayo kasoo horjeedka Day to Day centre oo Jiifka aadaayo.

BOB   

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL@ Maadeey, Thanks bro wallahi waa iga qoslisiisay. supermarket kasta waa ka helee ee Nakumat aad, markii iigu dambeesay Kenya isagaa ugu shidnaa. lol

Peace, Love & Unity.

Taleexi   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;790084 wrote:
2rqf3uo.jpg

Maadeey Maadkeer, qoftaan Islii ee joogtee see kugu dhaaftay? Mise baqasha ayaa wadaa miyaa?

Sawirka xuska mowliidka ee Islii laga xusaaye la qaaday toddobaadkii hore.

:) waa isneelo.

Maadeey, shaambadaas inaa Galmart ka heleysid jeclahay. Galoofeska lagu qabeysto koley Islii inaa ka heleysid ma moodi. Aabaheena ugu qabeen jirnay kuwa sidaas camal ah laakiin Yurub laga soo dhiibay. Nakumattka ku yaalo magaalada hoose, gaar ahaan kan weyn u dhow masaajidka magaalada ku yaalo waa ka heleysaa galoofiska iyo shaambadaba. Haddaa galoofiska ka weysid kuwa kale lagu qabeysto ka helee.

Laakiin waayeel maa tahay maxaa galoofiska ku falee, shower sponges iyo shower loofahs lagu qabeystaa. Mise qof waayeel u rabtaa miyaa?

Maaddeey   

^Somalia, you are welcome!, I know that is reer bari's way of complimenting things! :D

MMA, waa mahadsantahay, widaayoow, sponges-ka wasaqda si fiican ma u goynaayo, weliba biyaha Nbi qafiif xareed camal waaye, wax adag aa anfacaayo. Sidaan gloves-kaan uga bartay my favorite dukaan PRIMARK aadaan uga helay.

Sxb, biibitada sambuuska ii tilmaan.

Buuxo   

Maadeey,those spicy bur n baji sold on the street vendors smell good enough to eat but when I was in eastleigh I was not gaasi enough to eat it .Opposite Madina mall is andulas restaurant on second floor.It was one my fav places to eat.It's clean and well runned place.

Carafaat   

*Buuxo*;799404 wrote:
Maadeey,those spicy bur n baji sold on the street vendors smell good enough to eat but when I was in eastleigh I was not gaasi enough to eat it .Opposite Madina mall is andulas restaurant on second floor.It was one my fav places to eat.It's clean and well runned place.

yes, I liked that place. And also Ramada Hotel is good. Wonder why so many Somali's employ Kenyan's rather then SOmali's?

tutu   

I see you enjoying islii and Kenya Maadey. A word of advice; Never ever eat food from the street vendors (even locals don't do that) unless you enjoy visiting your GP more often.

'Nakumatt downtown' that MMA is referring to is no longer there ( it burned down years ago) but go to Lifestyle Nakumat, just across Koinange street (not far from Jamia mosque).

Places that you may find or I personally think are worth visiting before you leave Nai are:

- Simba saloon to get a taste of wildlife meat, from crocodile to antelope. Its in Carnivore grounds along Langata road. You'll have to part with 3500 Kshs or around 50 dollars for two people. Of course you can eat as much as you can (Its a three course meal, the waiters come to your table with grilled-rolling sticks of meat. Marvellous, I tell you. I liked the Giraffe meat alot. While there, you can catch Churchill Live (the most popular comedy show) its recorded here. Of course will cost another300 Kshs.

- Or if you would like to get a live view of the wild cats of Africa, get to Nairobi National Park, along Langata road too, after Langata army barracks. You need to have a car or they won't let you in to the main Park but would rather let you in the Orphange (good if u have kids with u, they'll enjoy the orphanage). Make sure you borrow a kipande (ID) from someone so as to be charged as a local (around 50 Kshs or so). Tourists pay above 500 Kshs, I guess.

- As most Walendos do, visit the most modern mall in Nai namely West Gate. A magnet for Maryooley but quite nice. Variety of shops, cinemas and restaurants. Or pay a visit to Nakumatt junction intead. I preferred it instead. Prestige mall is closeby too for nice Indian cuisine with an african touch.

- To relax in the evening with a high-speed Wi-Fi and a view of Nai's finest chicks :) in a quite environment, away from the hustles of Eastleigh, go to Java House at Adams Arcade in Hirlingham.

- Have a stroll at Uhuru Gardens along Langata Road if you wish to have a nice, quite evening. Ps: Uhuru Gardens is not the same as Uhuru Park in city centre. Uhuru Gardens is where the first flag of Kenya was raised when Kenya won independence.

Or better yet and most importantly visit Bomas of Kenya and enjoy the cultural diversity of Kenyan tribes while munching Nyama Choma, Ugali and Sukuma. In Bomas of Kenya, they showcase all kenyan tribes with their specific traditional dances. I guarantee you'll enjoy and get great pictures, and of course a rare perpective of kenyan people in their traditional setting. A must see for tourists

- To enjoy the widest variety of fresh seafood (of course from Mombasa), pay Tamarind Restaurant a visit.

Am afraid I am not well versed with Islii beyond 12th Street.

Will add more places inshaA as I remember them.