Sign in to follow this  
walaalkis

Way to go turkey

ElPunto   

Turkey Somalia way ku khafiftay. Good development - but they need to run it thru a hub Somalis actually use - UAE or Nairobi.

Great and overdue; let's hope it will stops in Djibouti or Hargeysa.

It may even be a good deal to go to Muqdisho but take local flights between there and Djib/Hargeysa;

I would be excited to transit from there.

PS: Turkish Airlines already offers good deals on the London-Addis road;

It's one of the very best international airlines.

Baashi   

The airline is taking a huge risk, paying a higher insurance premium, and puting its assets on the line in deciding to provide this much needed service to Somalis. In business terms, the decision to go to Mogadishu twice a week does not make economic sense. Turkey has done us humongoes favor if we can capitalize on it.

nuune   

Ngonge, and those folks from London or Europe, if you are going to Mogadishu on 6th of March, or even on November, then your total ticket price from London to Mogadishu with Turkish Airlines is 595 EUR, that is return ticket price, yes, total madness you can call this, with that amount, Dubai return ticket ayaa wada faquuqsaneysey, iimaanka beel dheh(sorry Norf), kadibna Daallo iyo Jubba ayaa ku nuugayey(bisinka iyo burdaha)

Ps: Now you can book the tickets, the GDS/AMADEUS/SABRE/GALILEO went live as soon as the Mogadishu announcement was made

Pss: THY website is not currently offering ticket reservation as they haven't updated their ticketing system, so don't bother going to THY website trying to book the ticket

Psss: to avail of that price of 595 from London to Mogadishu, you need to be very aggressive and ugly about how to book tickets and search for best dates, try 6th of March from London and coming back 14th of March from Mogadishu, two tickets you need to book separate london istanbul, and istanbul mogadisu so that you get the 595 euro price, otherwise it would be 800 euros from london to mogadishu in one booking(good if you don't knowwsida la iskugu aadiyo the flights with minimum transit time in Istanbul), I am not actually marketing any particular travel agent, but go to any of these: www.Tripsta.ie, www.Skytours.ie find your local site under the homepages of the mentioned booking sites.

Pssss: Ilaahey ha u naxariisto Daallo, Jubba Airways, African Airways etc

===================================================

Saddex bey naagtu igu lagadey:

1- Kabaha oo saan ahaa

2- Dhulka oo sibidh ahaa

3- iyo naagta oo sinsaariyada(qonofka) aad u taqiiney

NGONGE   

^^ You have been missing for months but the minute we have an airline topic you reappear? War bahaldaan kula shaqeeya maad 'somalia hagajiya' ku tidhaahdid dee. :D

Welcome back.

Abwaan   

This is good news....I wish I had the time to go and visit Somalia right now. Insha Allaah I will some time this year and I am looking forward to visit Istanbul again...great city...

NGONGE? Adiga Daalo miyaad share ku leedahay...or are a Victor Bout's former business partner:)...Su'aalahaaga waa bateen saaxiib!

nuune   

Ngonge, thanks sxb, lol@airline topic smileys.gif, Sayidka mentioned the THY flight from Istanbul will stop in Khartoum, just to clarify, it is only a refuel, a less than 40 minute wait there, and nothing more, as the planes used will be Boeing 737-800 or Airbus A20, and these planes must make a stopover every 5 or 6 hours of journey time, total to Mogadishu flight time is 7 hours and 35 minutes, then to Istanbul from Mogadishu is 8 hours of journey time.

1- Kabaha oo saan ahaa

2- Dhulka oo sibidh ahaa

Nuunka, that is more than a refuel, saaxiib. Diyaaradda Turkishka Nayroobi wey tagtaa, Adisababana wey tagtaa -- neither destinations meel kale kuma hakato. Haddaa dhaheysid diyaaradaha tago magaalooyinkaas waa diyaaradaha waa weyn, waa laga yaabaa, but I still think it has to do with security reasons, plus Soomaalida waa lagu yaqaanaa dukumentiyo been inay qaataan, taasna meeshaas lagu sii baaraa, I think. Third reason is, dad kale kasii qaadeysaa ama kasoo qaadeysaa Khartuum. More profit.

Abwaan   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;790128 wrote:
Third reason is, dad kale kasii qaadeysaa ama kasoo qaadeysaa Khartuum. More profit.

I think that is the case MMA.

Turkish Airways markee dadka Nayroobi keento, dadka doonaayo qaraabooyinkooda inay garoonka kasoo qaadaan wey isku naxaan. Yacni 2 am ayee soo degtaa, darn it. Inta garoonka kusii jiraan oo boorsooyinka sugaayaan another hour waaye. Garoonka 3 am iyo meelahaas kasoo tagee. My cousins ku yimid aan ogaa. Markee kaceysana waa same, 3 am ayee kacdaa. My cousin aan sagootinaaye ogaa ilaa iyo 1:30 am garoonka la joognay. Asagana mardhoofle ayuu ahaa wuxuu garoonka na geeye 9 pm. Ila joogo intee boardingka furaayaan kulahaa, which opened 1 am. What a tiring night it was that night.

Soomaalida Reer Mareykan aad u isticmaalo diyaaradaan. Ma'ogi dalkaas raqiis ka tahay filaa against other airlines.

nuune   

MMA,, yes the Addis and Nairobi is true, but by distance, Mogadishu is located further than the two, hence the stopover, according to the THY website, flight from Istanbul arrives in Khartoum 03:20, then departs 04:10, 50 minutes there, same for the flight from Mogadishu which arrives Khartoum 11:00 and departs 11:50, another 50 minutes, nothing to do with security check or passport control baasboor bug ah, otherwise it is impossible to check nearly 170 PAX in less than 50 minutes.

1- Kabaha oo saan ahaa

2- Dhulka oo sibidh ahaa

nuune   

iney dad kale ka sii qaadeyso from Kahrtoum for profit making, I don't agree with that too, if they wanted iney dad badan sii qaadaan, they could have done with Dubai, and only make Dubai to Mogadishu flight, still, maybe dad ayaa soo raaci, mainly ardey, and not the heavy loaded Somalis from South Sudan which is way too far for Khartoum smileys.gif

1- Kabaha oo saan ahaa

2- Dhulka oo sibidh ahaa

Samafal   

This very clever from TK airways part. They got flights to Addis and Nairobi but do not want use those routes as they are already in full capacity.

Khartoum rounte may not already on full capacity therefore the extra Somali passengers are boost. This is good as they dont have to worry if the Mogadishu route does not become profitable in the short term.

Nuunka, waa iska tuureysaa xagaas waa u jeedaa soon.

Kinda related article.

Somalia mission possible: my experience in Mogadishu

I have recently visited Mogadishu for the first time in 2 ½ years. This was in February 5-8 2012. During this visit, I noticed many changes that I would have otherwise not thought possible, given the circumstances surrounding the civil war in Somalia which has greatly affected the city.

To begin my journey at the airport, I flew from Nairobi (NBO) to Mogadishu (MOGA) on February 5. The flight from NBO to MOGA takes approximately 1 ½ hours, which implies that if one were to leave either city in the morning, they could have breakfast in the second city! There are daily flights operating between these two cities, with 4 airlines flying daily. These include: African Express; Juba Airways; East African and Fly 540. These flights are quite busy, flying not just Somalis these days, but also other Africans and people from Western countries. All these people are now involved in businesses in Mogadishu, hence the busy transport system between the two cities.

At Mogadishu airport, a lot of infrastructural improvement is being undertaken. To begin with, the airport is now being fenced in a proper, secure way. For the years that the civil war has been on-going in Somalia, that is, since the overthrow of Siyad Barre government, there has been on-going looting at Mogadishu airport, such that the fence has been destroyed and the fencing material looted. But at the time of my visit, the airport was being reinstated.

I experienced very smooth landing at the airport, where the check-in and check-out areas are also well structured and separated from each other. In this case, those checking in and those checking out do not get to meet/mingle. These two sections are actually in two different buildings, despite the fact that the airport only has one terminal. In addition, the airport employees are professionally trained and they handle travellers in a professional manner, one that has not been seen in the Somali immigration sector since the overthrow of the Siyad Barre government in the early 1990s.

Although there is presence of AMISOM forces as in the airport, the services at the airport are now run by Somalis and that there is now some semblance of order in the way things are run in this sector, unlike previously seen. These are various sections where people get in, pay visa fees etc, and I could observe that receipts for the fees paid are even being issued.

Xigasho