Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

I love you mom

A_Khadar   

Ameen dhamaan inta waalid kood dhimatay alle ha u naxariisto intay u noolyihiin alle cimri dheer ha u siiyo..

Alliya, about aabayaasha, I think this is a phenomenon of that blacks/Africans always love moms more than dads mostly where whites talk about dads often.. Other day, I was with my little daughter at her school for meeting with her teacher and while waiting in front of her class, the outside wall of her class on the hallway tons of papers/drawings of her classmates' works were posted. One of the featured stories on the wall was a special person. Guess what all of the kids (they are first graders) except one or two out of 20+ kids wrote about? Their dads as being a special person! All are white except two or three.. I guess if they are blacks/Africans, it will be a different special person or may be half and half if not exactly 9 to 1 for moms..

Aaliyyah   

^lool n im guessing your daughter was one of the three who talk abt their moms hehe. I am sure at that moment you were wishing for a white kid :)

no seriously as somalis we gotta appreciate our dads a lil more...

salaam

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;797886 wrote:
^lool n im guessing your daughter was one of the three who talk abt their moms hehe. I am sure at that moment you were wishing for a white kid
:)

salaam

;);) I guess you're right, but luckily hers wasn't posted up there and when I asked about it, she said she did something else not about the specail person..

no seriously as somalis we gotta appreciate our dads a lil more...

I agree with you but only if dads step up and involve with their kids in same level of moms.. Interestingly one somali kid was among the kids who wrote about their dads as a special person and I completely understood why that kid chose for her dad as being the special person because her dad does above and beyond!

Abwaan   

Taleexi;790880 wrote:
Hooyooy la'aantaa, adduunyada hubaasheed.

Habeen kama baxdeenoo

Iftiin lama heleenoo

Dadku uma hayaameen

Dayax heego joogee.

Juxa   

^^^

Dumar iyo haween baa nolol lagu haweysta

Kuwa lagu hammiyayee

Sida hawd caleen weyn

Rag u wada hammuume

Ishu halacsanaysaa

Hablahaaga weeyee

may allah bless our mothers

Aaliyah of course you cant help but adore aabe. when i think of aabe (AUN) i remember gentelness, jokes and big dreams for his girls. without his encouragement and unwavering belief, wallee we wont be anything.

when i think of hooyo, i think of strenght, no BS and strong work-ethic.

KK i loved your story, nothing beats spending quality time with hooyo

Somalina   

4YrAh.jpg

Ilaa iyo dharaartii uurkaaga hooyoo rabi iigu uumay unugyada jirkaagaa iniin layga siiyee.

Araxdiyo calooshiyo hubucdiyo makaankiyo oofaha dhexdoodana aqal bilo layga dhigay.

Intaa dunida joogtoo nolol aayatiin wacan akhirana fardawsaa ambiyada agtoodaanaa eebaan kuu baryaayaa.

Naftu waa amaanee ajashaada hooyoo hadii aad ciilaato oo iilka lagu dhigo kuuma cuno abooree.

Ayaadaha quraankiyo ducaan kuu akhriyaya naxariista eebaan idin baan la waayeyn....

Malika   

Last year my mother went to Hajj, I received a call from her, whilst she was at the ka'aba - asking me what else [she had done all the duas she could think for me and my siblings] do I want her to ask Allah for me..subhanallah!

I know, I can never repay her for all she has done for me - all I can do is make sure she can walk with her head held high cause I am her daughter.

May Allah preserve her, reward her and mostly grant her Jannat firdows. Insha'allah!

Love you mama.

Somalia;818307 wrote:
Oh Somalina, I'll never forget you, what a lovely thread.
:(

Admit it, you have a soft spot for Somalina. Many relationships have blossomed right here in SOL. I was hoping you two would make it lol!