Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

why educated Somalis leave their communities?

samjamaa   

once educated somalis get a better job and succeed in their life, they selling out somalis communities. Is this kind of socialization process when someone acquires some extra capital, feel like they would rather change the surroundings then contribute to their old "ends."

As Somalis we are almost living her 3 generation (in arab-gulf). I find that very unfortunate in our educated ppl who did that.

For those people i like to say( life is more about opportunity then anything), we should never consider ourself morally superior to someone else because you were designated a pricey piece of paper,and you might have a degree or two, but you do not have real life skills which the uneducated and poor ppl have it.

samjamaa   

Alpha Blondy;779953 wrote:
i use to think that, but lets face it this community of 'ours' is useless and its futile trying to change them.

cousin, why always feel that looking in empty part of glass? pls try to be more optimistic.

Carafaat   

To much high education aint usefull either, in the Somali contexy anyways. My employer wants me to do an Phd. What use would a Phd have when I go back to Somalia in couple of years(inshallah)? I rather learn Maay Maay language or how to deal/engage with livestock.

Abwaan   

Carafaat;779963 wrote:
To much high education aint usefull either, in the Somali contexy anyways. My employer wants me to do an Phd. What use would a Phd have when I go back to Somalia in couple of years(inshallah)? I rather learn Maay Maay language or how to deal/engage with livestock.

Brother you could teach or educate others ee please do your PhD while you can! Maay-maaygana baro! You can do both.

Showqi   

^^No we don't value them. Laakiin hadii aad tahay nin wax soo bartay oo waliba qabiil hebel ah, then we will pull out the red carpet for you......

BOB   

I don't know about you lot but I don't know that many educated (properly educated..I'm talking about the whole 9 yards) who are decent enough to have a normal conversation with let alone have a positive impact on you. I've met a drunkard who had PHD in human science who was sick with qabiil. I've met mid kale oo aan garan kari waayay meel aan ku tiriyo sababtoo ah his name was Mohammed and he said he was a muslim yet he didn't say one good or positive thing about Islam the few days I've been talking to him and he was also PHD holder in veterinary microbiology but he was as Somali nationalist as any man or woman I've ever met and couple of others including mid ayeeyo ah oo sigaarka u cabeysa sida inuu daawo yahay...marka I'm sorry if I don't have a good thing to say about the few I've met but kolleey anigu waxaan u arkaa in kuwaasi ay wax macno leh Soomaaliya ama Soomaali ay kala maqneyn. mid aaminsan in diinta Islaamku tahay waxa dhibka keenay iyo mid aaminsan in Soomaaliya ay qabiilkiisu maamulaan simply because he thinks they're the most educated and ayeeyo aan xishooneyn oo lasoo taagan Soomaaliya gaalada halagu wareejiyo dumarna madaxweyne iyo prime minister waddanka halooga dhigo...trust me we're not missing out on anything when it comes to the so-called educated..let them leave and I hope they never come back as long as they're still confused about who they're and which side of the fence they stand.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Raamsade   

samjaama,

Educated Somali is oxymoron because when it came to Somali's turn to get brains Allah was on a tight budget bestowing them with borderline retarded mental capacity. Except yours truly of course. Show me an educated Somali and I'll show you a man educated beyond his intelligence.

BOB;780235 wrote:
I don't know about you lot but I don't know that many educated (properly educated..I'm talking about the whole 9 yards) who are decent enough to have a normal conversation with let alone have a positive impact on you. I've met a drunkard who had PHD in human science who was sick with qabiil. I've met mid kale oo aan garan kari waayay meel aan ku tiriyo sababtoo ah his name was Mohammed and he said he was a muslim yet he didn't say one good or positive thing about Islam the few days I've been talking to him and he was also PHD holder in veterinary microbiology but he was as Somali nationalist as any man or woman I've ever met and couple of others including mid ayeeyo ah oo sigaarka u cabeysa sida inuu daawo yahay...marka I'm sorry if I don't have a good thing to say about the few I've met but kolleey anigu waxaan u arkaa in kuwaasi ay wax macno leh Soomaaliya ama Soomaali ay kala maqneyn. mid aaminsan in diinta Islaamku tahay waxa dhibka keenay iyo mid aaminsan in Soomaaliya ay qabiilkiisu maamulaan simply because he thinks they're the most educated and ayeeyo aan xishooneyn oo lasoo taagan Soomaaliya gaalada halagu wareejiyo dumarna madaxweyne iyo prime minister waddanka halooga dhigo...trust me we're not missing out on anything when it comes to the so-called educated..let them leave and I hope they never come back as long as they're still confused about who they're and which side of the fence they stand.

Peace, Love & Unity.

LoooL! Wlc back BoB.

What is with this dude and his random, controversial questions. Why this and that ku haayaa intaa arkaayeba.

War Soomaalida waa millions with dad xun, dad wanaagsan, dad jahwareersan, dad jacbursan, dad halaabay, dad toosan, dad naxaayo, dad aan naxeynin, dad waxbartay, dad badow ah, dad dalkooda iyo dadkooda wax u taro, dad aan u tarin. Soomaali wey wada yihiin waxaas dhan.

raula   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;780483 wrote:
What is with this dude and his random, controversial questions. Why this and that ku haayaa intaa arkaayeba.

War Soomaalida waa millions with dad xun, dad wanaagsan, dad jahwareersan, dad jacbursan, dad halaabay, dad toosan, dad naxaayo, dad aan naxeynin, dad waxbartay, dad badow ah, dad dalkooda iyo dadkooda wax u taro, dad aan u tarin. Soomaali wey wada yihiin waxaas dhan.

loooool