Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Quran challenges Atheists!

N.O.R.F   

Cawaale, maybe not but like I told Maadeey earlier, Athiests haven't read scriptures but rely on 3rd parties for their info. A classic lack of understanding the basics is apparent in this thread. Maadeey's last post is quite interesting in terms of the title of the thread. Its been quiet since :D

Johnny B   

N.O.R.F;816597 wrote:
Atheists haven't read scriptures but rely on 3rd parties for their info. A classic lack of understanding the basics is apparent in this thread.

Since there never was a single and common understanding of the so called different divine scriptures of the Abrahamic Religions, evolving exegesis has always been what was thrown towards every rational inquiry, The rejection of religious myths by the Agnostics / Atheists is not based on people not reading the scriptures as you carelessly claim ,in fact the argument of Atheists knowing more about Religions than Theists is valid, since most theists carry on whatever Religion their parents passed on, but Agnostics / Atheists dig deeper, hence , they're more versed.

N.O.R.F;816597 wrote:

Maadeey's last post is quite interesting in terms of the title of the thread. Its been quiet since
:D

Not exactly, There is nothing interesting about the meger attempt of finding Scientific proofs in the Quran, while we know it is Science that is being used to bloster the evolving exegesis of the Quran.

You seem to have it coming so why not unleash it on us?!

Garnaqsi   

N.O.R.F;816597 wrote:
Cawaale, maybe not but like I told Maadeey earlier, Athiests haven't read scriptures but rely on 3rd parties for their info. A classic lack of understanding the basics is apparent in this thread. Maadeey's last post is quite interesting in terms of the title of the thread. Its been quiet since
:D

Ignoring the first two childish sentences, I'm baffled by what you mean about Maadeey's last post. The guy plagiarised an entire article off from some website and posted in this thread. In my experience it's a waste of time to refute a material that was copied and pasted. If Maadeey (or you, in fact) had the ability to come up with a somewhat an original argument or tactically present an exiting one, I'm pretty sure that would have caught the eye of many people (not all people who might have problem with the theme of this thread could be called atheists). Copy-pasting is boring - if it continues most people will lose interest in the thread like they did.

Garnaqsi   

Maaddeey;816896 wrote:
^^ May be, you don't know what 'plagiarism' mean!.

LOL @ the above. This is precisely what I meant when I talked of refuting a ‘copy-paste’ material being a waste of time, especially when the culprit is someone who apparently can’t construct a coherent sentence.

Wadani   

Garnaqsi, is using grammatical sentences (ur use of the word coherent was out of context btw) a prerequisite to engaging in debate? Get off ur high horse man.

Garnaqsi   

Wadani;816937 wrote:
Garnaqsi, is using grammatical sentences
(ur use of the word coherent was out of context btw)
a prerequisite to engaging in debate? Get off ur high horse man.

If you really think so then your grasp of the language is probably as bad as Maadeey's.

Garnaqsi;816944 wrote:
If you really think so then your grasp of the language is probably as bad as Maadeey's.

a common diversion trend from a petty common '' ape''.

the lack of grasp is neither here nor there.

as i said before, you lack the integrity to handle any debate straight. you are good at personal attack and digressing.

Garnaqsi   

sharma-arke451;817234 wrote:
a common diversion trend from a petty common '' ape''.

the lack of grasp is neither here nor there.

as i said before, you lack the integrity to handle any debate straight. you are good at personal attack and digressing.

What debate? People are still waiting for one of you to present the 'said' challenge in the title. It appears no-one is up to the task. If you think you can do that, then by all means go on; otherwise, please don't accuse anyone of not handling the debate 'straight'.

Raamsade   

The Quran is the very issue at contention, so it can't be used to substantiate Allah's existence or refute Atheists. It is very much akin to arguing that Honda is the best car in the world because the CEO of Honda said so. It is circular reasoning taken to the extreme. Atheists don't believe in God, angels, heaven and hell schemes, prophets, holy books, and the rest of Alice in Wonderland stuff that is the hallmark of Abrahamic religions. Before the Quran can challenge Atheists, the following conditions must be satisfied:

1. Prove Allah exists

2. Prove Allah communicated with Mohammed entrusting him with a message for all mankind (unless you lived in the Western Hemisphere - no prophets ever sent to the Americas) that is embodied in a book called the Quran

3. Prove that the Quran we possess today is the unaltered original version given to Mohammed by Allah

We have no good reasons to believe any of the conditions above hold true.

and why I can't see anything tangible religion says,everything is "you get or see in after life" and no one comes back to tell us what's like there !why should I put all my eggs in unknown basket.There r so many mysterious things in this universe like milky way or black hole but I'm not sleepless about it,sure I like to read & learn but in the end it's upto me to make my own decisions.

What's the most important thing religion tells,gives or how religious person differ an atheist besides the usual God said or you be promised a seat in heaven; next joe is no different than you or me.Religion is environmental just like language & color, if you were born in Europe 50yrs ago (before immigrants)you would be christian,in china buhdist or whateva they have there & so on and that disqualifies the notion that certain religion is the true one thus making all of them obsolete.

Jacpher   

^you seem to be struggling with the whole idea of faith.

Faith is all about believing the unseen. Yes, there was death, life, death and life and death. Yes, there is God. Yes, there is purpose to life. Yes, you can't touch, see or smell most of these. Because it is FAITH, believing the unseen. The universe is full of signs and evidence.

I know it's faith that's why people follow blindly,we on same boat here, and believing the unseen need to be challenged .

but isn't this contradictory.

|

|

[ '''' Yes, you can't touch, see or smell most of these. Because it is FAITH, believing the unseen. The universe is full of signs and evidence.'''' ]

you saying you can't touch,see,smell but on the otha hand universe is full of signs & evidence!!!

Jacpher   

^One could also argue the vise verse? People that deny or fail to recognize God and faith do so blindly?? It could go both ways so no contradiction.

No seeing or touching it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The signs and evidence are there. They are not missing or unknown but hidden from view. I have a pen someone in my desk and I still believe I have the pen. I don't see it but I have faith the pen is in my desk. This isn't contradictory. I just have to look for it harder and find it. Simplistic but you got the point.