Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

THE SSC COMEBACK: Wardheernews

Liibaan   

Abtigiis;773277 wrote:
The short and the long of the story is
if Somalia is divisible, so is Somaliland.

We owe a lot to the hearty support of the SSC people to our struggle whereever they are. They may not be helping materially or may not have the means to do so, but they love the struggle of the Somaligalbeed people from their heart and wish them victory. It is time we show soildarity with them.

Well said Abtigiis, if Somalia is divisible, so is the territories of Former British Somali Colony (so-called Somaliland).

I agree with you, SSC people love and support the struggle of Western Somalis 100%.

We pray Allah for the freedom and liberation of Western Somalia, our brothers & sisters are in our hearts, we will never forget them, peace Insha Allah. O Allah, Give Victory to Western Somalis. Amiin

Viva Onlf/Western Somalia

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;773277 wrote:

We owe a lot to the hearty support of the SSC people to our struggle whereever they are. They may not be helping materially or may not have the means to do so, but they love the struggle of the Somaligalbeed people from their heart and wish them victory. It is time we show soildarity with them.

Abtigiis, you do understand that if Somaliland fails to unite(not talking about the indepedance agenda), so will Somalia fail to unite. If there is no balance within a smaller unit(Somaliland), how will there be balance in the bigger context(Somalia). Proof: the last 21 years of division in Somaliland, have clearly not helped Somalia.

That being said. I do agree with the analysis of ibrahim Dhagaweyne that I have posted earlier, it is right for the Darawiish clan to unite on a clear political agenda based on their interest. And that Taleex is a succesfull step towards restoring balance within SSC region and inshallah within Somaliland. Only then they can have political leverage in Somaliland and this is stepfoward towards a wider concensus, balance and real unity in Somaliland.

Abtigiis   

Ibrahim Dhegaweyne spoke well and seems ahead of the brainwashed fanatics like Buraahadeer. But he still seems to be treating the SSC issue and the factors that led to the Taleex meeting as a matter of grieviance or protest against the maladministration of Somaliland. It is not. It is a protest against secession. And no amount of political accomodation by SL will convince SSC to be part to sacrilege called Somaliland. There is a clear example of that in Awdal, where even after Rayaale reigned for so long in SL, the Awdal State is in formation.

The secessionists are approaching this weigthy matter with open eyes but closed minds. They need to close their eyes and open their minds. if all of the resources in SL is mobilized, and SNM manages to sew golden suit and dresses for each and every SSC person in this world, the far-sighted Malika and VAL included, and even the feeble Freshprince and Bluelicious's deceased lover (Knight of Wisdom), they will not succeed to sell the secession craze to these people. In the end, the war of liberation that resulted in today's status quo in the North was fought by a single clan, and for a single-clan agenda. Those who were not part to it to that struggle obvioulsy are not too keen to share its exploits.

Abtigiis;773295 wrote:
In the end, the war of liberation that resulted in today's status quo in the North was fought by a single clan, and for a single-clan agenda. Those who were not part to it to that struggle obvioulsy are not too keen to share its exploits.

That's why it's a called - minority opinion - in a functioning democracy. The usual grasping at straws while hailing 'Somaliland's impending demise' by the Siyadist wings....

First it was 'Arta' with the creation of the Abdiqasim fiasco - "Wallee, it's over for Somaliland now!". Then A. Yusuf's project concocted in a pig-farm in Kenya - Way u dhamaatey Somaliland!. Well, here's the latest mirage to get all excited about.

So what has changed in terms of Somaliland's support within the Eastern Sool community? As even the Siyadists lamented many times, the Eastern Sool community was split 3-ways between supporters of Somaliland, supporters of Puntland, and supporters of a central TFG (let's set aside those who have radical AlShabab leanings). Taleex, all the way at the eastern periphery of Sool, was traditionally controlled by Puntland militias, even after Somaliland grabbed control of Las Anond and most of Sool. Today it seems Puntland has lost control of the village to the TFG-allied wing of the Sool community. How does this affect Somaliland in the power equation on the ground? It doesn't - there's been no defection in the Somaliland-leaning wing of the Eastern Sool community, only fluctuations of support between those who supported Puntland and those who supported a centralized TFG.

Somaliland still retains the support of a significant wing of the local community as well as maintaining critical possession and governance of most of the real estate the concerned clan hails from.

So my dear Siyadists, carry on and sing the parade songs from Xalane military academy. We're all allowed to dream.....

Abtigiis, do not speak for me. You have no rights to speak for anyone, other than yourself.

Somaliland Republic has already persuaded me to join them, knowing that this new State will most likely join Somaliland in the near future.

I think (May I not offend anyone), I strongly believe that this new declared state will indeed become a State within Somaliland Republic and Somaliland will indeed be recognized really soon. This year or next year.

TFG will recognize it.

Awdal State will become a State within Somaliland, as well.

I say this, because this whole Khaatumo 2 Congressional Meeting looks and sounds fishy. It is going really fast. It seems like there is no such thing as dialogue going. People standing up, speaking and BOOM...the next day, decisions has been made. lol

I'm sorry to my fellow SSC members, but I rather take my piece of the cake and share it with my fellow Somalilander than be amongst the loser that don't get shit when the dust settles.

TFG, Shiekh Sharif, Puntland are not coming towards your aid, ******. Wake up! Imagine, a SSC State within Somaliland, that gets exactly every bit of fruits they deserve and a full withdrawal of the Non-SSC Clans that settle in Oog, Cel Dhab, and Qorilugud.

NGONGE   

What I find amusing in all of this premature gloating is that it all rests on the fact that the SSC clan have had a conference! Nothing solid has taken place yet, nothing has been finalised and no results are visible. However, every last nobody with a grievance against SL is ululating for what is nothing but a clan conference.

Slow down, boys. Like I’ve been telling you from day one, let us wait for the verdicts first. Do not patronise the SSC with all this silly talk of historic this and monumental that. It is only a clan meeting and, surely, the SSC were always capable of convening a clan-wide meeting, or were they? :D

Abtigiis   

Mintid and Ngonge,

I think this is different than Carta and the previous events. You can hear the loud calls for an attack on SSC from your elders and politicians. And that is because they feel things are getting out of hand.

Minitid - start Plan B adeer, which is to go for the independence of the burco-berbera-hargeisa triangle. As things are now the Plan A which was to pretend different clans in the north support this madness of secession is now kaput and gone.

Freshprince - why does SSC has to be either within Puntland, Somaliland or whatever. Like a tick on a sheep, can't you survive without sticking with anyone else? I think the rest of the SSC Solers will be disappointed by your post up there.

NGONGE   

^^ Like I said, you're speaking too soon and gloating over the fact that the SSC folks are having a meeting. A MEETING! It's embarrassing.

This is different than Carta but is it different that the Khasuusi stuff and all before it/after it? War wait and see what they come up with first before going on a song and dance over a meeting. :D

Abtigiis   

Fair enough, NG! That sounds logical. And probable given the self-destructive propensity of the half-crazy folks in SSC. But, you are counting on its failure. What about if it works? Is the scenario projected of the secession agenda being weakened correct?

I think this conclusion is not celebratory.

The gravitas and significance of the SSC get-together will be tested soon though. But the panicky rants of Mr. Waraabe shows it is certainly a stern test to the false republic in Hargeisa. In “The Path of Thunder”, Nigerian poet Christopher Okigbo, states “Now that the triumphant march has entered the last street corner, remember o dancers, the thunder amongst the clouds…”

Indeed, beyond the sentimental Press releases and declarations, and victory parades, lies a real danger. The SSC can only succeed in achieving the political clout and autonomy it craves, only if the Taleex conference can quickly establish the foundations for an effective administration, which can raise funds from the SSC people everywhere, in a short period of time. Then, it will have to do the routine stuff: set up a security sector, provide services, and pay civil service, etc.

This week was a tale of two Hyenas (Waraabe’s). While Haji Abdi Waraabe’s threats against the SSC people is the insensitive fart of a sleeping person, which does not irritate the owner but sends the awake shying away and out of sorts, Faisal Ali Waraabe’s panicky and discordant reaction is a signal that the SSC politicians and elders in Taleex cannot expect a noiseless ride towards an autonomous homeland. The SNM militias in the garb of ‘republican’ military will visit them in the not-so-distant future.

The Taleex triumph is a Eureka moment for those who believed in the cause of togetherness, and not in retail politics. But as Okigbo warns, this faltering step forward is the beginning of a cast that will have to go and change over several, long seasons to come to bear fruit. The Taleex trajectory, therefore, unavoidably heralds vibrant vicissitudes of success, failure, grief, risks, confusion, impediments, opportunities, breakthroughs, and setbacks. What is at stake the morning the ephemeral ecstasy in Taleex ends, is for a more focused, more resolute, and a more durable understanding of the huge tasks ahead.

Abtigiis;773339 wrote:
Mintid and Ngonge,

I think this is different than Carta and the previous events. You can hear the loud calls for an attack on SSC from your elders and politicians. And that is because they feel things are getting out of hand.

Minitid - start Plan B adeer, which is to go for the independence of the burco-berbera-hargeisa triangle. As things are now the Plan A which was to pretend different clans in the north support this madness of secession is now kaput and gone.

Freshprince - why does SSC has to be either within Puntland, Somaliland or whatever. Like a tick on a sheep, can't you survive without sticking with anyone else? I think the rest of the SSC Solers will be disappointed by your post up there.

AT,

Let me go down this little windy road with you for a second... You said "As things are now the Plan A which was to pretend different clans in the north support this madness of secession is now kaput and gone."

Now the question I present to you is who was this "pretension" or "plan" being presented to? The other Somalis, foreigners, NGO's, state actors? Please clarify, if you don't mind...

Abtigiis;773277 wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWDHT9297h-rSJ0dobrQ

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;773346 wrote:
Fair enough, NG! That sounds logical. And probable given the self-destructive propensity of the half-crazy folks in SSC. But, you are counting on its failure. What about if it works? Is the scenario projected of the secession agenda being weakened correct?

I think this conclusion is not celebratory.

I am not counting on anything, yet. I am waiting to see what comes from this conference and what resolutions they have before I could (with any reasonable logic) think about, reply or choose a position to have. Right now, all I can see is a tribal meeting of the SSC clan and, in all honesty, I can't get excited or worried over a meeting. The SSC predicamant remains and the questions remain unanswered. Lets wait and see if they get answered and then I promise to wax lyrical with you and anyone who wishes to discuss the topic.

p.s.

Hedge your bets, adeer. Don't do a Xiin.

The article Professor Abtigis posted states factual truths about the political ramification of the Taleex conference. Somaliland's political leaders and traditional chiefs spoke about the Taleex conference in a manner that is in agreement with this article's conclusion. This is not a mere meeting. It is a grand conference, unprecedented, historic in many ways , and it already produced principle agreements to establish a new admin in SSC area. Today Garaad Saleeban, a long ally of Puntland admin, endorsed that agreement and spoke in length about the need for this admin. With the declaration of SSC admin with the agreement of all traditional Issims, political leaders, Diaspora delegates, intellectuals and even armed militias, Taleex gathering has indeed crossed a political Rubicon as it were.

The only fair comparison to Taleex development is the establishment of Puntland and the Garowe conference that fathered it. Carta is a false analogy. Xaglatoosiye's Nairobi mini conference that resulted in SSC militia does not compare. This is strategic consultative all inclusive meeting, that took many months of planning and logistical arrangement. If you know the people and the land, you can be in no doubt.

Ina Waraabe is speaking more truth than our resident SNM intellectual, NGONGE. As we said, Somaliland reached a political sealing; it is natural for other political constructs to emerge...good news for the unionist camp