Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ban Khat in the UK - sign the epetition

N.O.R.F   

^Not really. I see where he is coming from. The problem I have with his request here is wuxu iska dhigaya that he doesn't know about the problems qaad has caused the community.

Ngonge, ha dee. I want you to waste some of your time to find what you already know. Like I have already said, you know the ins and outs of the effects of qaad on the Somali community. You know enough to make a decision. I'm only prepared to discuss the legality issue as I think there is scope for a discussion there (the effects it has had on the community/families is a no brainer).

N.O.R.F;764879 wrote:
^Not really. I see where he is coming from. The problem I have with his request here is wuxu iska dhigaya that he doesn't know about the problems qaad has caused the community.

well you're just as pathetic as each other. taking pity on the devil is pathetic and you look like a Muppet for doing so. of course, ng knows the dangerous of khat. although your claim about the women was way off the mark. ng has once again undermined you and made a mockery of your topic.

a silly attempt to redeem your failures norf.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;764879 wrote:

Ngonge, ha dee. I want you to waste some of your time to find what you already know. Like I have already said, you know the ins and outs of the effects of qaad on the Somali community. You know enough to make a decision. I'm only prepared to discuss the legality issue as I think there is scope for a discussion there (the effects it has had on the community/families is a no brainer).

I know the effects and problems of Khat. I know how famalies suffer from it. I know how many young, healthy men wasted their lives on it and I know how it affects people's health. But that does not mean I want to jump into asking for a ban WITHOUT looking at the consequences of such a ban.

It's not about me, Norf. It's about the hundreds of people that will read this thread of yours and decide to vote for the ban of Khat. Are you sure you are doing the right thing? Are you REALLY sure?

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;764890 wrote:
I know the effects and problems of Khat. I know how famalies suffer from it. I know how many young, healthy men wasted their lives on it and I know how it affects people's health. But that does not mean I want to jump into asking for a ban WITHOUT looking at the consequences of such a ban.

It's not about me, Norf. It's about the hundreds of people that will read this thread of yours and decide to vote for the ban of Khat. Are you sure you are doing the right thing? Are you REALLY sure?

But that does not mean I want to jump into asking for a ban WITHOUT looking at the consequences of such a ban

But you asked WHY it should be banned not what the consequences would be. The consequences would be minor in comparison.

The 100s of people who will view this thread will know qaad isn't good for the community. They will know this from observation and won't need an essay to make their minds up :D

Juxa   

I will sign it if you promise I shall see no men & now some women smelling of Sh!t with no ilko or rotting gums?

NGONGE   

I am just glad that Norf is not part of the SL government. War I am asking you if the ban is the best thing for the community. In other words and in what could be termed muqayil lingo: is the grass greener on the other side warya?

Your starting position is WRONG. Maxaad la ordaysa? Slow down and look at this from all sides. If it's proven that a ban is GOOD overall then a ban it is and poeple should vote for it in numbers. But nobody should vote for this foolish move without having all the facts first. WAX FAHAN.

N.O.R.F   

If grown adults don't know the facts about qaad and how it is detrimental to health and society at large (especially in the UK Somali community) then they should be arrested :D

ps dagaal baan ku la jiraa the SL Govnt baryahan.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;764903 wrote:
If grown adults don't know the facts about qaad and how it is detrimental to health and society at large (especially in the UK Somali community) then they should be arrested
:D

ps dagaal baan ku la jiraa the SL Govnt baryahan.

You are missing the point again. Grown adults know all they need to know about khat. But that's not enough reason to have it banned.

Khat is banned in Sweden, Norway & North America. However, we endlessly hear of people being arrested for smuggling it to those parts (more North America than the two European countries).

Now, pay attention NORF, since it has been banned in those countries for years (1989 in the cas of Sweden), what were the gains from these bans? Did the gloom go, the clouds clear and everyone live happily ever after? Did the numbers of those that chew decrease? Did life (overall) improve for Somalis in those parts?

On the flip side, did more people become criminals for buying, consuming or being caught in posession of Khat?

Khat is bad, Norf. But the question you have to answer (to yourself, since you're hasty and lost all sense here) is: Do the positives of banning khat outweight the negatives? To shout 'ban it' just because you hate it is the Somali way (and I give you allowances for your haste; along the lines of not ceebtaada but caadadaada, etc). However, if you're serious about your call for a ban then I am serious for my call for a better argument. Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

^Waar waan ku fahmay 100%. As I said, you want me to waste my time :D You want me to tell you what you already know.

The only grey area as I mentioned before is with regard to criminalising people who would chew after the ban. I see long weekends in Holland for many :D

Khat is banned in more western countries than it is legal in. That should tell you enough. The benefits outweigh the negatives.

If that isn't good enough for you Silaanyo usheeg.