Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ban Khat in the UK - sign the epetition

N.O.R.F;764839 wrote:

Alpha, what on earth does all that mean?

lol@norf,

why are you acting like a simpleton.....''basically, i don't want khat banned because i like it and enjoy having nice sessions discussing somaliland politics at harlesden merfesh''

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;764840 wrote:
Assumptions? What assumptions are these? That this is a kneejerk plea? Heye, prove me wrong.
:P

You would be right if it was the first time people are calling for a ban. But its not. Its maybe the 10th time :P

Alpha, dee saa dheh. A ban is a good thing.

Malika   

^That is exactly the reason why it should be banned - the so called 'politics discussions' have not been that fruitful, if 20yrs later ya' all still discussing whilst high...lol

Ngonge, why is this a kneejerk reaction?

^ come on malika! these are constructive discussions walahi. its not all talk you know. some of these sessions have been life changing. have you ever been to harseldon merfesh anyways? its clean, people look good and it has wireless internet connection, not to mention the leather sofa's and amazing all round service.

N.O.R.F   

Alpha Blondy;764853 wrote:
^ come on malika! these are constructive discussions walahi. its not all talk you know. some of these sessions have been life changing. have you ever been to harseldon merfesh anyways? its clean, people look good and it has wireless internet connection, not to mention the leather sofa's and amazing all round service.

We have to look beyond enjoying a chin wag with friends saxib. Those constructive discussions are nothing but rubble the following day :D

NGONGE   

Malika, you want it banned dee, not me. It's you who have to sell this idea. To just put it here and invite people to vote is as kneejerk as kneejerk can be.

Norf is posting articles about a woman who jumped to hear death after chewing some khat. But despite the title of the article, neither the coronor nor the experts did confirm that khat was the reason. Sensationalist nonsense?

Look, I would welcome a ban and would love to see the day the sweet leaf is nomore. But I do not agree with this petition (as things stand) and would like to see how you and Norf would explain the pros of this problem as opposed to the massive cons.

p.s.

Alpha is just being silly.

N.O.R.F   

Waakukaa :D

The incident in Northampton happened nearly a year ago. I only posted it to highlight the mental health issues associated with Khat. She had a history of mental illness and was chewing khat when she fell. You don’t need a coroner to establish the link.

Putting it on here and asking people to sign doesn’t mean its kneejerk :P

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;764864 wrote:
Waakukaa
:D

The incident in Northampton happened nearly a year ago. I only posted it to highlight the mental health issues associated with Khat. She had a history of mental illness and was chewing khat when she fell. You don’t need a coroner to establish the link.

Putting it on here and asking people to sign doesn’t mean its kneejerk
:P

You want something banned becuase you believe it will be beneficial for the community. You then go on and post biast stories about a woman that jumped to her death after chewing khat. Again, the article you post says that there is no proof this was the reason for her death. So where does that leave us? Oh yes, khat is bad, ban it. BAN IT. BAN IT! :D

Again, you want it banned and want people to support you in this, put in the work and prove that banning it will be much better than allowing it to remain. Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;764870 wrote:
You want something banned becuase you believe it will be beneficial for the community. You then go on and post biast stories about a woman that jumped to her death after chewing khat. Again, the article you post says that there is no proof this was the reason for her death. So where does that leave us? Oh yes, khat is bad, ban it. BAN IT. BAN IT!

Again, you want it banned and want people to support you in this, put in the work and prove that banning it will be much better than allowing it to remain. Wax fahan.

Waan ku fahmay. Waxaad rabtaa in laguu sheego cirku waa baluug. Waar you’ve been in the UK long enough to know the effects khat has had and is continuing to have on the community (I think you’ve been there longer than I was now).

Madax adeyga jooji oo sign the petition (Eid has long gone :D).

I don't personally like khat, and believe its only negative health effect is the financial health of people who eat this plant but would my day be more difficult would I try to ban everything I disliked!

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;764871 wrote:
Waan ku fahmay. Waxaad rabtaa in laguu sheego cirku waa baluug. Waar you’ve been in the UK long enough to know the effects khat has had and is continuing to have on the community (I think you’ve been there longer than I was now).

Madax adeyga jooji oo sign the petition (Eid has long gone
).

I want you to tell me how banning it is going to be better. Compare it to north America and the parts of Europe that has it banned. Is there a difference? Is it positive or negative? When you say you want it banned, do you mean you want it to become a criminal offence to purchase, own or use khat? What are the numbers of criminals (through khat) in countries that ban it?

War wax la kaalay dee.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;764874 wrote:
I want you to tell me how banning it is going to be better. Compare it to north America and the parts of Europe that has it banned. Is there a difference? Is it positive or negative? When you say you want it banned, do you mean you want it to become a criminal offence to purchase, own or use khat? What are the numbers of criminals (through khat) in countries that ban it?

War wax la kaalay dee.

I know exactly what you want. You want to wast my time :D

Do the research yourself and come back and tell me which way you're leaning and why.