Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Somali girl gang attack couple (Video)

Som@li   

OdaySomali;763679 wrote:
Factually incorrect. This is what the Daily Mail would have you believe. This claim was only part of their overall defence and the judge sentenced them in light of ALL the information (including counter claims of racism, use of force on both sides) and not purely becuase of this single statment of many that were given during the hearing of the case. The Daily Mail only focus' on this aspect because they have a certain agenda. Also the video gives little indication of what actually happended as it heavily edited and c'mon its only 3 mins long and the police reponse time is not 3min - far from it.

mate it is a weekend, and it is downtown, 3 min is long time for police to come, there is police everywhere during this time,

Som@li   

A_Khadar;763760 wrote:
Why blaming parents, these girls are grown ups and should be parents themselves for their ages.. 24 and 28..Two of them already hit the mid-age mark..

true, bad parenting is a factor too, parents should focus producing good citizens.

Curly;763848 wrote:
There's so much wrong with many of the statements made here, like someone saying they should be parents themselves...I think this video is proof that they shouldn't! What these girls did is unacceptable and using their religion and ethnicity as an excuse doesn't do the rest of us any favours.

I'm also surprised at the fact that two sisters are out drinking together like it absolutely normal

Y'know what they said right....the family (or sisters) that drink together, stay together.

Juxa   

Che the husband was with her and the reason was she could not cope!!!

At times all you can say is ilaah iimaanka & islaanimada hanagu dilo oo jidka toosan hanagu xero

You would think by now inaan laqabsado but lately dadkeena waaka soo dareen

Juxa   

My point is meelba sidey utaalo baa loola ekaada. We seem to have changed and the impact of last 20'years is now felt

Be it chewing, drinking or using drugs

Aaliyyah   

From an article I read this morning three of the girls were sisters and the fourth was their cousin. Now that is sad. My heart does go out fr their family!..

Waan gartay Juxa, thanks for the info.

salaam

Juxa   

Val that is what i said! i dont think parents are to blame at all, many parents are now told leave me alone or i move out, then the state pays for housing saqajaamiintaan and they get benefits.

I think i see too many duli every day, now i feel bitter grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

NGONGE   

Kii heesay "Dadka ha iska weyneen" been buu sheegay...

Dadkan waa qashin, xasheesh, kudaafa...

You can look at this thing from two angles; the first is the "nationalist" one and the second is the "class" angle.

Nationalist:

In order to be proud of your origin and those that share such an origin with you, one must accept that no nation exists without having its various good and bad apples. For if a nation or a group of people were all good they would suspiciously look incomplete. On the other hand, if they were all bad (as the Daily Mail would love to portray us) something would also be wrong with that image; how can there not be one single nice/good/virtuous person amongst them?

This is why a proud Somali nationalist should (in theory) rejoice when he hears of university graduates, world class athletes, models, atheists or prostitutes and drunks. A nation must have the full spectrum of characters and social achievements/ills. For how else could we revere the good without having the bad to compare them against? How could we encourage the young to achieve if we can’t point at a street drunk and say “or else that’s how you’ll end up”? How do you stop young girls from becoming teenage single mothers without having actual teenage single mothers to show them?

Abhor what these girls do, moan about it and condemn it. But, as a proud Somali, be happy that you can put a tick next to the ‘drunken girls’ criteria in your national checklist.

Class:

The above does not clash with the feeling of total repugnance and abhorrence of these lowlifes. Your lifestyle, your education and your upbringing should allow you to distance yourself from such trash. Yes they are Somali and yes they might be related to someone or other on this site but, YES, they remain trash.

If life is about achievement and respect then one must put in the hours and hard work to earn one or both. Of course, there is no harm in spending a couple of seconds patronising a glue-sniffer or drunk. But it should never mean that you’re on the same level or that you’re equal. There is no political correctness here. Once they choose to class themselves as drunk/druggies or sluts you are under no obligation to give them any respect and your default standing position should be one where you’re looking down.

Our problem is that we mix with anyone and everyone. Kala baxa ya naas. Tuug iyo wadaad should not sit in the same maqaaxi, be seen in the same weddings or attend the same fuenral. And, if they do, let it be made clear where each stands socially. Wa la kala sareeya but if we all stand next to each other who is ever going to look up? Wax fahma.

Ilaahiyow ceebteena astur....It is sad to see a child grow up to what is not expected of them...

There are 1000s of drunk Somalis all over the world, girls and boys too...so qamri cabowga horta haa la yaabina its been there. 2ndly, people make mistakes and deserve a 2nd chance. Gabdhuhu, if this was their first time, haa laga qaleyo, Koleyba ayagana ceeb uma yara, reerkoodana ceeb uma yara ilaheyna waa sugaya...lets not pile on them and instead wish them the best...

Ms MoOns   

I read about this on twitter yesterday, and was beyond shocked and at the same time somehow not surprised. Drunk muslims disgusts me, whether they're Somali or not.