Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

If Kenya Succeeds, Who Will Rule the Jubbas?

^Nonsense. If you have an answer to my Q, go ahead, which of the two regions in question do they make a majority?

Oh yeah I know, u r not from Gedo block but keep referring to them and their super power when they are not even involved in this issue.

Qandalaawi

both middle and lower jubba are inhabited by various clans and if you take this azania group out of the equation,i am sure the rest will form the majority.comon,somalidu waay isku dhex nooshay.

The Zack   

[TQUOTE=NGONGE;758834]Gabbal, what is your opinion on this thread, saaxib? You've strangly kept your powder dry when it comes to this whole enterprise.Well, apart from falling out with Xiin (which is no big thing these days). What's your overall opinion on EVERYTHING related to this story, saaxib?

I am looking forward to Gabbal's response to this.

While we leave for the unpatriotic Somalis to keep on with their unending petty disagreements on which clan is powerful than the other. The Kenyan Army after flushing the shabaab misfit is planning to put these fertile lands to use. That is to settle productive people onto these wasted lands.

This reminds me of an incident during president Kenyatta visit to coastal region of Kenya. When he asked why they are not making use of the fertile lands, their response was that they did not have machinery and equipment. He promised them machinery and equipment. next came trucks full of Landless Kenyans from central province, and he told them that those are the machinery and equipment enough to make use of the lands. ad that is how people from central Kenyan became owners of the most fertile lands in the coast region.

next is Kismayu AKA "Kisima ya yuu" and environs. just wait and see"

xiinfaniin;759035 wrote:
LOL@ole-maasai

how believable

With fleeing masses due to famine, the drone attacks, the shabaab genocide and now the looming Kenyan invasion. The future buffer zone need to be settled by sane people who are easy to administer Lool.

^^:D @sane people

All indications are that Kenyan invasion may not work as planned or have the desired effect. Alshabaab are puritanic forces that could hardly be defeated by raw force. So the Kenyan invasion may not be a game changer after all.

Also if history is any guide, religious movements are never defeated by force. Even Taliban are winning back the lands they lost previous years. The crusaders with an amazing small number of force (60 thousand) were able to traverse the vast lands of Muslim territories till they reached Jerusalem undefeated.

Sub-sub-clan politics also play an important role in the current situation. Madobe has the support of many Kenyan Somali army officers while Gandhi is closer to the Kenyan intelligence bodies and politicians such as Defence Minister Mohamed Yusuf Haji. He also finds support from the head of the Muslim caucus in the Kenyan Parliament, Bare Aden Duale, a key Orange Democratic Movement member and a relative of the former Chief of Staff, General Mahmoud Mohamed. All are from the same sub-lineage within the clan(with the exception of Madobe who's more closely related to Hassan Turki).

Abdul   

ole-maasai;759038 wrote:
With fleeing masses due to famine, the drone attacks, the shabaab genocide and now the looming Kenyan invasion. The future buffer zone need to be settled by sane people who are easy to administer Lool.

loool@ole maasai,are you saying the landless kikuyus from central kenya are on their way to kismayo?

Abdul I think it is clear that for some reasons Somalis are fleeing their country of origin in masses. If a Somali See it fit to make a home and business in the Sprawling Kamukunji constituency(EASTLEIGH), Why not a Kenyan from Kiambuu be a farmer in JIlib and Jamaame?.And you should also adhere to the forum rules . I thought mentioning tribe names is prohibited, or is it limited to Somalis?. Lool