Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

Moderators for the Islamic section

Deeq A.   

As you all know brother Nur got caught up with other time consuming endeavors and could not continue to be a regular moderator for this section. Nur will still have editing powers and be available from time to time to oversee this section and how it is moderated. He will also still contribute his lectures as time permits Insha Allah.

If you wish to forward your name or that of another nomad, please reply to this thread or send us a private message.

Here are some general expectations.

1. Good Character

2. Islamic Knowledge

3. Sincerity

4. Impartiality

5. Patience

6. Sense of humor

PS: Brother Nur and Admin will determine your total score based on your history on this forum.

Jizakalah

NGONGE   

Admin;757833 wrote:
As you all know brother Nur got caught up with other time consuming endeavors and could not continue to be a
regular
moderator for this section. Nur will still have editing powers and be available from time to time to oversee this section and how it is moderated. He will also still contribute his lectures as time permits Insha Allah.

If you wish to forward your name or that of another nomad, please reply to this thread or send us a private message.

Here are some general expectations.

1. Good Character

2. Islamic Knowledge

3. Sincerity

4. Impartiality

5. Patience

6. Sense of humor

PS: Brother Nur and Admin will determine your total score based on your history on this forum.

Jizakalah

Numbers two and three are hard to prove unless we actually know the person in real life (how do you know I am sincere, how do you know Nur is? :D). In addition, with uncle google giving us all we need to know as long as we have basic knowledge of what we're looking for, the Islamic knowledge option also becomes moot. However, based on numbers four, five & six I would like to nominate my ayeeyo (yes, yes, I'm supporting my own team) Blessed, if she has the time. Failing that, I would go for sheikh Maaddeey (he might not be impartial but he'll at least allow you the space to express yourself).

Of course, admin can take a chance and make me or Khayr moderators (without blowing my own trumpet, I more or less satisfy all the requirements). Khayer on the other hand might find it beneficial to be muzzled by the moderator hat. :D

p.s.

Admin, the General & Politics sections need extra moderators. I nominate A&T for both.

p.p.s.

Whatever you give Xiin & his army, myself and my kin demand our own cut. :D :D

NGONGE   

^^ Nobody can. To "replace" Nur you would need to put in more than ten years worth of topics and discussions. Still, the position remains vacant and I see no useful candidates around. Of course, Admin might have other ideas.

Edit:

Was Xiin giving a hint when he was judging those Kenyans sheikhs? :D :D

Blessed is a great choice. Abu Salman is another nomad who could objectively moderate this section.

The day NGONGE, Maadeey or I are nominated is the day Islamic section will become another Political section. I agree Nur's sagacity and his unique perspectives/contributions are very hard to replace .

Blessed   

I'm humbled by your nominations, thanks walaaloyaal but as LST said I've been there and bought the camel printed tee and I'm also wrestling hawlo kale plus motherhood. Keep me in your ducas, eh? :)

Abu Salmaan has an easy intellectual wadaad aura about him. I second. And would also suggest Malika, though I expect that she'll decline.