Sign in to follow this  
Moulana

Buug xiiso badan oo Madaxweyne Cabdullahi Yusuf uu qorey,maalintu dhashey ilaa xiligaan ayuu ka shee

Moulana   

Waxan isleeyahay book uu qorey Madaxweynihi hore ee somalia in uu wax badan ka iftiimin doono siyaasada somalia meeshay iska qabsan la'adahay.

Abtigiis   

We are a strange race, a kinship nation. We glamourize ignorance, perfume the ugly political behind of vegetating warlords, and beatify the devil with all its refulgent fires and horns. All because kinship is thicker than reason and objectivity.

No one should waste one second of his precious time in reading stu.p.i.d rationalisations of four decades of the politics of puppetry and treason Yey swam in. It may be fun to listen to the instructions he received from Mengistu, how he fought with his SSDF colleagues (nearly alienting everyone else with dogmatic intransigence), how he undermined Abdiqasim's popular TNG, the people he infamously said he will send to the seas. Knowing the mindset of a dictator and a stooge, he will claim he has done it for the sake of the nation and out of patriotism. You will not miss the element of self-indispensibility and self-importance that is the hallmark of every foolish dictator who came to this earth.

A man of modest education, truculent camel-herder but with mountains of ambition and ego, Yey tried to do everything under the sun to become the second 'father' of the people of Somalia, after Jalle Siyaad. Including firing the first bullet that started the demise of the nation. We now see the spinners frantically at work already. "Brutally honest" is meant to cover for "shollowness in diplomatic demenour" and "frank" is not "naive".

Abduallhi Yusuf started war in Somalia, started war in Puntland, started war in Mogadishu and only inexorable age tamed his insatiable appetite for human blood and hunger for power. As his book will undountedbly bring out his is a tale of wars narrated by a war-mongerer. Expect him to put every blame for what went wrong onto others, including the 'ungrateful' somali people who couldn't appreciate his 'Golgotha' (the place of skulls) vision for Somalia. Yet, his book may in some ways be interesting, while not educating, just like the autobiography of Joseph Kone , or Colombia's drug lord Pablo Escobar. Every killer often has a humane or softer side that is worth knowing about. Let us see what Yey gives us beyond tales of treachery and war fought on behalf of Somalia's historical enemies. I heard he is a good father and husband and that may come out as well.

History sometimes rehabilitates historical figures with time, but for that to happen things those men left behind must get worse. Siyaad Barre's warts and foibles are already largely forgiven by many Somalis much as the same way Che Guvera is forgiven for the many wives he jilted. The same way Libya will forgive Gaddafi's excess and eccentricities when things get worse as they will. Somalia got worse after Siyad and that allowed him to be rehabilitated with some grace. Yey left Somalia in the worst quaqmire it could ever be and it is hard to see if even history could absolve his dark little life, lived firing death and conspiring with Somalia's enemies.

Yunis   

Remember that infamous 2004 quote of him - when his TFG first landed in Baidoa, He proclaimed at the time he was the first man to ever fire the first bullet in Somali soil. He also said he will be the first to bring peace to Somalia, but that blunder resulted the tradic day in Dec '06 - when he rode top of Ethiopian tanks to enter mogadishu gates to settle scores with other Somalis who were defiant to his rule using brutal Ethiopian army. The guy had almost a religous obsession to be a head of state for all of his life at any cost.

but - I can attest to the fact that he is a family man, and will put you on high pedestal if you are a family member - as we discovered when a relative of mine became inlawys to him.

It will be interesting to read how he reflects past events at his old age.

Abtigiis;756281 wrote:
We are a strange race, a kinship nation. We glamourize ignorance, perfume the ugly political behind of vegetating warlords, and beatify the devil with all its refulgent fires and horns. All because kinship is thicker than reason and objectivity.

No one should waste one second of his precious time in reading stu.p.i.d rationalisations of four decades of the politics of puppetry and treason Yey swam in. It may be fun to listen to the instructions he received from Mengistu, how he fought with his SSDF colleagues (nearly alienting everyone else with dogmatic intransigence), how he undermined Abdiqasim's popular TNG, the people he infamously said he will send to the seas. Knowing the mindset of a dictator and a stooge, he will claim he has done it for the sake of the nation and out of patriotism. You will not miss the element of self-indispensibility and self-importance that is the hallmark of every foolish dictator who came to this earth.

A man of modest education, truculent camel-herder but with mountains of ambition and ego, Yey tried to do everything under the sun to become the second 'father' of the people of Somalia, after Jalle Siyaad. Including firing the first bullet that started the demise of the nation. We now see the spinners frantically at work already. "Brutally honest" is meant to cover for "shollowness in diplomatic demenour" and "frank" is not "naive".

Abduallhi Yusuf started war in Somalia, started war in Puntland, started war in Mogadishu and only inexorable age tamed his insatiable appetite for human blood and hunger for power. As his book will undountedbly bring out his is a tale of wars narrated by a war-mongerer. Expect him to put every blame for what went wrong onto others, including the 'ungrateful' somali people who couldn't appreciate his 'Golgotha' (the place of skulls) vision for Somalia.
Yet, his book may in some ways be interesting, while not educating, just like the autobiography of Joseph Kone , or Colombia's drug lord Pablo Escobar. Every killer often has a humane or softer side that is worth knowing about. Let us see what Yey gives us beyond tales of treachery and war fought on behalf of Somalia's historical enemies. I heard he is a good father and husband and that may come out as well.

History sometimes rehabilitates historical figures with time, but for that to happen things those men left behind must get worse. Siyaad Barre's warts and foibles are already largely forgiven by many Somalis much as the same way Che Guvera is forgiven for the many wives he jilted. The same way Libya will forgive Gaddafi's excess and eccentricities when things get worse as they will. Somalia got worse after Siyad and that allowed him to be rehabilitated with some grace. Yey left Somalia in the worst quaqmire it could ever be and it is hard to see if even history could absolve his dark little life, lived firing death and conspiring with Somalia's enemies.

clap.gif

Somalia   

Abtigiis;756281 wrote:

No one should waste one second of his precious time in reading stu.p.i.d rationalisations of four decades of the politics of puppetry and treason Yey swam in. It may be fun to listen to the instructions he received from Mengistu, how he fought with his SSDF colleagues (nearly alienting everyone else with dogmatic intransigence), how
he undermined Abdiqasim's popular TNG
, the people he infamously said he will send to the seas. Knowing the mindset of a dictator and a stooge, he will claim he has done it for the sake of the nation and out of patriotism. You will not miss the element of self-indispensibility and self-importance that is the hallmark of every foolish dictator who came to this earth.

Abduallhi Yusuf started war in Somalia, started war in Puntland, started war in Mogadishu and only inexorable age tamed his insatiable appetite for human blood and hunger for power. As his book will undountedbly bring out his is a tale of wars narrated by a war-mongerer. Expect him to put every blame for what went wrong onto others, including the 'ungrateful' somali people who couldn't appreciate his 'Golgotha' (the place of skulls) vision for Somalia.
Yet, his book may in some ways be interesting, while not educating, just like the autobiography of Joseph Kone , or Colombia's drug lord Pablo Escobar. Every killer often has a humane or softer side that is worth knowing about. Let us see what Yey gives us beyond tales of treachery and war fought on behalf of Somalia's historical enemies. I heard he is a good father and husband and that may come out as well.

The hypocrisy of some of you people is quite embarrassing. Taking orders from Kampala is apparently better than working with Addis Ababa, yes, it's weird some people appreciate the blood of Bantu's who by the way are more likely to be AIDS, some rates in 1 to 16, we appreciate a little AIDS here and there I gather.

No doubt every major fault is with others, I attest to that th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Abtigiis   

Publius Cornelius Tacitus, a distinguished Roman historian, warns that it is hard to analyze tyrants and that the temptation is often to either go for total adulation or total vilification. Faced with this dilemma, writers often choose vilification, he said, because criticism looks more objective while adulation is often taken as flattery. In looking back at the political life of Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, I have tried not commit the folly of mistaking vilification for objectivity. But I couldn't see any positive politicial contributions of the colonel that can even out the harsh judgement of history on him for all the wrongs he did.

Perhaps I overlooked his role in the 1977 war where he fought as a dutiful soldier, deserving no laurels but nonethless doing his part. Perhaps I could have commended him for his fight against islamic tyrants long before we woke up to the depth of their barbarism. Perhaps we can commend the old man for planting order and governance in Puntland, albeit through characterstic orgy of bloodshed. But those deeds will not define his legacy. It is the role he played in destroying the nation and his warlordism that he will be remembered for.

Minus his stooge politics, his incurable dictatorial mindset, I liked the old man as a person. Physically, he looks like my father in many ways, is a cultured person, well-mannered father and husband, and a clean politician who honours his word according to those who dealt with him. He is also a person who is not given to rapaciously looting money. They say he is generous too. He is a man I hate to hate, but I have to if I have to judge Somali politicians fairly. What he wasn't at all was the political quack called General Aideed whose alleged bravery was without responsibility and therefore makes him a hooligan.

I have to say I have expected the line of defense of his sympathizers, who by the straighforward logic of somali politics can also be read as his kins. It will not be a defense based on countering the factual and robust allegations against him. It will be a defense based on the presumed equal culpability of others. Unfortunately, such a defense will only help as far as freeing Yey from solitary confinement in the hall of ignominty of Somali politicians. It will not help him in leaving behind a legacy that his progeny can be proud of.

Somalia   

A legacy that I am not only proud of, I am glad I saw the work at first hand. The supposed "treasonous" act of trying to topple a dictator, I don't know how that one works but it seems to be the biggest quarrel some of you have against him even though it's the most logical thing he had done. If he had an iota of the resources now available to the TFG he would have taken Somalia a long time ago because losing was not an option. He outlived all the major players and came up on top, established TFGs seat in Mogadishu, something you ought to be grateful for.

He will remembered by some as the barbarian who got rid of Somalia's 2006 six month's utopia and to others he will be known as the man who tried and spawn the legacy of countless youngins with the same ideology as him and the man that came before him, a true hero.