Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

In search of Resting Place: The Azania Aliens

Duufaan   

Abtigiis, have a appoint here. To be colonial stooges, it is really undignified art. But it requires DNA. Some people do better than others. If family want enter the field, you need to pattern your product first. The old guys do not like the new comers. Faroole,Gaas and Shariif are some of oldest masters.

Whats worse a stooge of colonial powers or once who are stooges for local poor African despots? Who produced such men as Abdi Iley, and all the prison wardens in Ethiopia or Yusuf Haji, Farah Macalin and others who's DNA makes it easy to hunt down and shoot fellow kinsmen?

Go tell your old lady fairytales to Narnia and Co, it does not wash here.

The author of the thread is desperate enough and his title itself highlights this fact.

For Narnia supporters to now be foaming from the mouth because in their efforts they could not create a single functioning admin inside all of Somalia. This failure is the testament to the fact that aside from poetry and fiction this group is not good at governing anyone.

Abtigiis   

Whatever happens, we will not emulate Puntland, where SSC got disillusioned, Ras Casayr is forming, Galkacyo is burning and Garowe is the scene of clan vendatta killings. Well, people live where God put them. Some in the Arctic, others in volcano lands of Almaty. People live in Puntland, but there is no governance in Puntland. Let us not fake it. See it in garowe Airport, the one block disgrace. See it in the anarchy and poverty. See it in the kids still bleeding from fresh circumcision, sent on diplomatic mission simply because the fingerless sired them. And there is no poetry, there is no art, there is no fiction too. There is a mountain of ego, appetite for treason, and fixation with playing dirt skirt to foreign elements - an exclsuive occupation of the fish-eaters which is now coming under severe threat because the lions have learnt how to write and jump on the wagon of external invaders. In somali, they call it "the begger who bemoans the arrival of the other begger".

The recent talk is the Prime Minister has finally came out and said "we will use even Lucifer to fight the terrorists." I have never disagreed with him before, I won't now. I have immense respect for learned people, and I will support him if he reverses his decision tomorrow. He is my leader, and I trust his judgement. It is now becoming very clear that it is the owner (LST) and the spinner (Xinn) who are evolving with their hero, the parvenu of Mahadaay, a corrupt cleric without sense, without direction. His Excellency Abdiweli has done nothing to make me not trust him. He can come out and denounce the Azania project tomorrow and can count on my full support on SOL and beyond.

Yunis   

lol @thread...

If there was an ever a machismo thread this tops the list - written with eloquent rhythmic responses and bravado.

But its theme is what killed it for me - your Qabiil has more genetic predisposition ‘gene’ Traitors in its midst then mine. Walee Somali qabiil curur buu ku noqday.

There was a recent reports of scientists from WHO, tracing bird flus (h1n1/ swine) back to 1918 northern Spain. scientists had suspected it was a specific set of aquatic bird's own genetic ancestors which enable them of being susceptible to this disease.

Then of course, they moved some healthy aquatic birds as far away as South Africa, to New Zealand and to

a climate control facilities, and specially built bird nests.

Short story, after analyzing their theory didn't disappoint - at curtain stage majority of the birds displayed all symptoms of the flu due to their gene lineage.

Abtigiis   

Dear Yunis,

Fairness and objectivity are not only when you see the wrongs done to others, it is also when you can stand and reject injustices against self.

You will not emulate Puntland? How can you when you can not even form an admin inside Somalia and are part of your Prison owners plan for their long term development?

The excitement of the prisoner class to the Kenyans sending their troops into Somalia highlights the historic how low they can go. This group has outdone themselves in being lackeys to who ever runs the prison they find themselves in. Singing sweet songs for Melez's boy Abdi Iley and now losing ones minds over Kenya incursion into Somalia and hoping it will all right for Narnia at the end.

gduke is saying, we(mj) live in kismayo, and have to be part of the admin, while abtigis is saying we(og) are the land owners and this time round our admin is in the making.

waxa kale waa un war badni. qabiilada halaiska daayo

Abtigiis   

No Sharmarke, you can't serve a mouth that is here and moving as Somalis say. I am saying that any adminstration whether ran by x, y, or z is better than Alshabab controlling the south. In truth, I don't care much about the Azania thing. Have said that couple of times, and my disdain for the originator of the whole project is in the public domain. But, we cannot pretend that even Gandhi's divisive project is worse than Alshabab. Men who would have embraced such initiative if it was coming from their cousins (and I am not making assumptions here, we have the precedent in 2006 when Yey attacked Mogadishu) are now rolling onto the sand, shedding crocordile tears and saliva over a foreign aggression. For pointing out that, for denuding such despicable duplicity and double standard, my ancestory is invoked and attacked. And all the talk of Iley and Jess is diversionary. It is to escape hard scrutiny. Some people are just possessed by the demon of getting portfolios and power, at any price. Some people can't stand and count if their tolka doesn't distribute titles and nominations. The prisoners just want a place to rest. A basic need.

NGONGE   

If you ask anyone about Somali politics, they’ll tell you that it is very complicated and hard to explain. There are far too many players, fiefdoms, dormant warlords and a make believe TFG that is (usually) at war with itself. The optimists, of course, will argue that the small details do not matter much and that the only real conflict is between said TFG and Al Shabab (whom I deliberately omitted from the above list). On the other hand, the sceptical will argue that the Somali problem is a free for all (including outsiders).

This has always been the case and the argument (on either side) could never be won. Yet, suddenly, the clouds are clearing, the birds are beginning to tweet and the SUN of Azania is casting a shadow over the whole of Somalia. Why Azania and for what reason?

Well, Azania is dividing opinion like never before and exposing the liars, cheats and duplicitous. It is making a mockery of that big joke that is Somali Nationalism and complicating the entry criteria to that exclusive club.

Because of Azania, The Zack can no longer claim (with any level of seriousness) to be a nationalist. Because of Azania, Che is driven into the fantasy world of MMA where all is well with the world and the clock has stopped in 1985. Because of Azania, Xiin can’t maintain nor present a cohesive argument for his bogus nationalism and is forced to fight his cause away from the murky old reefs of Somali nationalism and in the open waters of Kismaayo instead. Because of Azania, my fellow Slanders are enjoying a chance to have a dig at Ghandi’s lot and prove that the hypocrisy is all encompassing and widespread.

Unlike Somaliland, Puntland and all the other “lands” of the former Somali republic, Azania seems to be the one that most divides opinions. It is the one that, in the eyes of some mad people, has suddenly rendered the menace of Al Shabab irrelevant! It is the one that made little old Kenya the biggest monster to ever set feet in Somali territory. But Azania also unites! It is the one that proved once and for all that there is no such thing as Somali nationalism. It proves that Clan is, indeed, everything.

I am wholeheartedly with A&T on this one. In fact, I go a step further and welcome the Kenyan invasion. Because, the way I see it, Somalia’s worst enemy today is Al Shabab. This group does not fight from a clannish viewpoint and is hell-bent on destroying all that stands in its way. I also support the Kenyan invasion because it is separating the wheat from the chaff and making many people come to the table of discussion with their real faces on.

Even the greatest fantasist would agree that Somali has serious problems (and Che does by the way). Azania is only the latest increment to be added to these problems. But, I believe, Azania could be the key. It can be the one that brings this phony state tumbling down and, may be, help us all to define our nationalism in a clear and logical way.

p.s.

A&T is mocking an attitude of certain (or was that cretin) Somalis in the first part of his original post.

Abtigiis   

A belated Apology to the unknown Seer

A humbling apology is due, to the seer who saw it well before anyone. To the light that beamed in darkness but didn’t grace anyone’s heart because the watchers were mortally blind, fated by nature to see the dusky only. For three years (for me), a decade for others, palaver walked with swagger, roped itself with nationalist garb. Climbed a tall camel, trespassed the desert and the green fields, the farmlands and the animal fields, slept under acacia trees, screaming for common sense, praying for unity.

The flocks herd him, sang his lyrics with breath-taking melody. But the seer warned all. “it is all about clan, listen to me! men of sentiment”. All turned their back, throwing caution, embracing passion; in pursuit of the saccharine dates the caravan carried. On a blue-sky October, the river-beds overflowing, Azania arrived and the caravan finally has to rest. It has to take deep breath, to get respite from tumultuous journey, from the pain of dry throat that got tired spreading the message of concord, the voice of unanimity.

And those who thought it will settle in far lands thanked their God in all accents. They will not cross oceans, they will not break skies, they will not brave foriegn winds. They will settle in their soil. They will farm in their banks. They will wash in their beaches. They will sleep between rivers. No more sweat will be harvested, the destination is enigmatically near, close, like the impending consent of a spinster asked for marriage but pointing to authorizing parents, whom she know are praying for a suitor, any suitor to give off her. And the guardian of the caravan finally got a colour. Not a rainbow one, a dual paint.

He became the the ESHU, the spirit of Chaos and Trickery. Wearing two colours, passing betwen villages. The village of the goats will see the black side, the village of the sheep will see the white side of it. A fued will ensue over who saw the right thing. And he will walk the other direction once more, this time from a reverse angle. Those who saw white earlier will see black, those who saw black will now see white. And the quarell will escalate. “I was wrong, it is not black”, say one side; “No!, I was wrong, it is not white”. The God of trickery wore nationalism on one side, tribe on the other side. But allowed his followers to go side to side with him,never from behind or the front, or another tangent. So, each see a different side.

Azania united the colours, merged the horizons. There is only one clour in my country. It can be camouflaged, it thrives in clandestine. But it is the twin of God. It is only one. It can’t have two lives. It is clan. The seer is owed something. The seer is owed repentence and recognition. For diagnosing the most plausible impetus for our simulation, for our dilatory transparency.

MVP   

General Duke;754254 wrote:
An admin in Kismayu must be set up. It can not be done from Nairobi it must be in Kismayu and by the national government consent.

your uncle yeey tfg was set up in kenya and brought into mugdisho by etiopian tanks, abtigiis plz disregard this dude comments, he does not worth your one minute of your time

Usually NGONGE hadduu abtigiis taageeraayo, one sentence or two buu ku taageri jirey , ee essay ma qori jirin :D

Wallee wax baa si ah :D, war bal private messages ka iga qayb geliya jamaacah :D

We shall see if Narnia is anything other than the final resting place for adeer Xasan Turki. For the fact remains that this delusional idea of Ghandi and the Prisoners will not get very far. As for defeating Al Shabaab, I most certainly welcome it. Lets see what takes shape when the dust settles.

Abtigiis   

Duke is softening his stance. I believe he is being briefied on the wider permuations. :D

Xinnfanin may actually emerge unscathed out of this if it becomes clear Dr. Abdiweli and Faroole are not lone voices, but are representing the consensus of their constituencies. The Azanias certianly believe so and think it is a breakthrough. They think with this developments, they finally exorcised the evil of kin rivalry. This much i heard. Some are even going to the extreme of doing a "Somaliland" if the Sharif couldn't get out of what they think is "clan politicking".

The clan experts are mobilising the grassroots along that theme and it surely is believeable for the common man. They are using powerful examples. Allegedly, the Sharif gave a damning interview in 2006 where he said he left Mogadishu to save the people, after fleeing Ethiopia's attack. He said those words in Kismayo, and vowed to make a stand there. The clan experts are tying the knot with some dexterity. "Mogdishu is saved, Kismayo is set ablaze". It is said that Sharif also called AMISOM and others to free Mogadishu of Alshabab, but he doesn't mind Alshabab abusing the people in Kismayo. The plot thickens from there. And you can figure out.

That is why even if his call for kenya to halt the aggression was coming from genuine nationalism and duty-boundness, it won't make much sense for significant constituencies. And given the prevailing mindest in Somalia is that things are all driven by clan-centrism, Sharif will only believed by a small number of intellectuals and elites. It is a potentially dangerous development one that can regress the gains made on bridging clan animoisties. A reason why Sharif should backdown or at least should reachout to the disgruntled groups in some way to prevent the situation from getting worse. This could happen without him reversing his opposition to the Kenyan invasion. There is no gurantees he will succeed, but he should talk to the Azanians (even those with him Mogadishu) to erase this clannish victim-playing getting ground.