Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

In search of Resting Place: The Azania Aliens

Abtigiis;754651 wrote:
Duke is softening his stance. I believe he is being briefied on the wider permuations.
:D

Xinnfanin may actually emerge unscathed out of this if it becomes clear Dr. Abdiweli and Faroole are not lone voices, but are representing the consensus of their constituencies. The Azanias certianly believe so and think it is a breakthrough. They think with this developments, they finally exorcised the evil of kin rivalry. This much i heard. Some are even going to the extreme of doing a "Somaliland" if the Sharif couldn't get out of what they think is "clan politicking".

The clan experts are mobilising the grassroots along that theme and it surely is believeable for the common man. They are using powerful examples. Allegedly, the Sharif gave a damning interview in 2006 where he said he left Mogadishu to save the people, after fleeing Ethiopia's attack. He said those words in Kismayo, and vowed to make a stand there. The clan experts are tying the knot with some dexterity.
"Mogdishu is saved, Kismayo is set ablaze"
. It is said that Sharif also called AMISOM and others to free Mogadishu of Alshabab, but he doesn't mind Alshabab abusing the people in Kismayo. The plot thickens from there. And you can figure out.

That is why even if his call for kenya to halt the aggression was coming from genuine nationalism and duty-boundness, it won't make much sense for significant constituencies. And given the prevailing mindest in Somalia is that things are all driven by clan-centrism, Sharif will only believed by a small number of intellectuals and elites. It is a potentially dangerous development one that can regress the gains made on bridging clan animoisties. A reason why Sharif should backdown or at least should reachout to the disgruntled groups in some way to prevent the situation from getting worse. This could happen without him reversing his opposition to the Kenyan invasion. There is no gurantees he will succeed, but he should talk to the Azanians (even those with him Mogadishu) to erase this clannish victim-playing getting ground.

Do you agree with this narrative?

Abtigiis   

^ABSOLUTELY NOT

But I can see it doing sharif a huge damage as many and mainly those who matter (the clan politicians) will use it to whip up clan sentiments.

^^The 'disgruntled groups' you are speaking of are tools of Kenyan scheme. They are taken by Kenya's promise of political dominance in the region. So for Sharif to put efforts in wining them back to his column would be a futile thing to do.

Somalis of all walks of life have deep roots in Kenya. It is even astonishing that Sharif got the courage to oppose Kenyan invasion given Kenya's overreaching influence on the lives of millions of Somalis, Sharif included.

According to Daily Nation, Kenya is attempting to reach some sort of compromise with TFG (Sharif) and calm things down a bit. But even if Sharif is bought back by Kenya, the damage is already done and one of the casualty of this invasion will be the TFG itself. And that throws Somalia's political road map into real disarray.

Abtigiis   

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b.u.l.l.sh.i.t!” Fields may have quipped, but Xinn is the believer.

I have also seen all the conspiracy theory and selective media references you are inundiating us with. It is your right, but it is not the most objective way of arguing issues.

Two questions? (1) which daily nation do you read? given its managing editor today wrote " Equally, President Sheikh Sharif Ahmed is asking for something he can’t have...However, if the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia wants Kenya to cease the joint military operation, you should probably consider doing so if President Ahmed and his government can deliver the following:

First, there must be an end to terrorist incursions and infiltration. For that to happen, there must be no Al-Shabaab within 100 miles of the Kenyan border.

That region, stretching from the Indian Ocean to the Ethiopian border, must be stabilised by a self-governing local population, not by some Al-Qaeda-brainwashed warlord in Mogadishu.

Secondly, having secured that region, all refugee camps must be moved there and proper infrastructure, including security, provided for them. In the fullness of time, all must be re-integrated into Somali society.

The sustained 20-year export of population to Kenya must be not just stemmed, it must be reversed for the long-term welfare of both nations.

Thirdly, the port of Kismayu, a nest of terrorism since the 1990s, must be taken and put in the hands of a responsible civilian authority.

Such an authority must have the capacity to end smuggling and to run the port for the benefit of the people of Somalia, not warlords and international buccaneers in Dubai and Nairobi.

Fourth, the bases used by pirates must be taken by forces of law and order and the death penalty imposed and enforced for piracy.

The penalty should apply not just to the men under arms, but also to the corrupt government officials as well as lawyers and companies in the region who facilitate and/or profit from piracy.

Finally, the TFG, in an acceptable format, should offer instruments of guarantee of Somalia’s respect for the territorial integrity of its neighbours, particularly Kenya and Uganda "

http://www.nation.co.ke/blogs/So+Al+Shabaab+is+suing+for+peace/-/446718/1262910/-/view/asBlogPost/-/uovbmj/-/index.html

Which Daily Nations are you referring to? We, here, don't hear what you hear across the Atlantic?

(2) Are the Azanians a tool of kenya or is it a convergence of interest between their interest and intent (right or wrong) and that of Kenya? Wouldn't it look like you are saying the Azanians are dump who doesn't have any political ambition to make such sweeping generalisation?

^^Prof. Abtigiis, here is the news piece I read yesterday: 'However, he said, the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia is sending a delegation for “bilateral talks to strengthen cooperation between the two countries”, possibly a polite way of saying the two sides have agreed to sit down and hammer out a deal on the military operation.'

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/9+Shabaab+men+killed+in+battle+with+Kenya+army+/-/1056/1262996/-/uwq2vc/-/index.html

What you posted however is not a news, it is an opinion. Again there is a difference if you care to know.

As for Azanians, if you believe me , I have never heard such creators with a such a creative name and nationality. I heard certain professor called Gandi who wrote academic paper for Kenya whose thesis was that Kenya could use its Somali natives to create a buffer zone from which to defend its economic interest more effectively.

I agree there are indeed convergence of interests but it is between Kenya, and the West. Somali interests diverge greatly from this Kenyan incursion.

Abtigiis   

xiinfaniin;754754 wrote:
^^I agree there are indeed convergence of interests but it is between Kenya, and the West. Somali interests diverge greatly from this Kenyan incursion.

This is false and you know it. The West didn't suport the Azania thing, if we believe Wikileaks. And the clan declarations this week show the concerned clan thing it is in their interest. Who are you to say those who spoke don't represent their clans view?

The daily nation is an independent newspaper. Even its Editorial is an opinion. It is not state policy. All news are not true, and therefore short of quotes from the right government authorities, it won't have more relevance than opinion pieces. And as I have been reading both Daily Nation and the Standard thoroughly all this week, it is curious I was not left with that impression you had. I thought the press, the government and everybody here seem to be too belligerent. In fact, I am getting irritated with their utterances. I haven't heard any government Minister, even the opposition (there is no formal oppoistion) but the parties that play this role, condemning the government. It may change soon, but this is that state for now.

^^Kenyan invasion is not necessarily only to establish state. There may be other reasons for committing boots on the ground. How elementary waryaa!!! I cant believe you are arguing this nonsense you are going for.

I don't disagree that Kenyans are full of themselves. But I only reported what news piece I read. You called me a liar and I had to provide an evidence to defend my honor and fend off your deliberate effort to impeach my integrity.

Abtigiis   

First, I never said you lied. I said where do you get that news? Now, what you posted doesn't support your assertion the Kenyan government is considering a rethink of its invasion. I leave if for Soler's. In fact, it shows the Kenyan government is only keen to sell its invasion to the sharif whom they are saying is 'sending mixed signals' about the fight against Alshabab.

It is a clasic case of the proverbial theif who accused of theft, in his defense tendered an alibi by arguing that on the night the robbery is alleged to have taken pplace, he was with his witch-mother at some grave-yard. Giving away an even bigger crime. What you posted actually undermines your claim.

What i said false is the assertion that the Azania is created purely because of Kenya, and the west. you deliberately do not want to see which kenya is in question when it comes to this matter? You don't want to name Yusuf Haji, Farah Mo'allin and the possible convergence between what they want and what Gandhi wants.

Your honour is intact, dear Xinn. But we owe this to the SOL community, we have to take you to task when you perform below par. :D

^^:D :D

This is what I wrote, which you disputed.

xiinfaniin;754737 wrote:

According to Daily Nation, Kenya is attempting to reach some sort of compromise with TFG (Sharif) and calm things down a bit...

And this is what I read in Daily Nation:

'However, he said, the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia is sending a delegation for “bilateral talks to strengthen cooperation between the two countries”, possibly a polite way of saying the two sides have agreed to sit down and hammer out a deal on the military operation.'

Mustafe   

^^ Still in the context that you used the above quote in, you made it sound like it was Kenya that was backing down, and the TFG was likely to have its way. Very close but no cigar xiinfaniin lool. Abtigiis came back with even more impressive quotes from the same saurce you were using as the gospel of truth, and you were subsequently reduced to claiming, "well its only an openion" and quickly defending your honour. War ninka iskaceli :D.

Bashiir   
Shariifeyn waa laga badin ismaan laheyn, laakiin 11-0 ayaa la diray. Ciyaari waa gelin danbee Xiin maryaha halagu qabqabto. Lol