Sign in to follow this  
Knight of Wisdom

Shout Out To SSC Members !

Somalia   

You won't know me, I've been watching the site for some time, maybe a year and a half, signed up once but my username got permanetly banned instantly, it was also my YouTube name so I had it coming.

Funny enough, one of my uncles was part of that coup attempt..

Somalia;753698 wrote:
You won't know me, I've been watching the site for some time, maybe a year and a half, signed up once but my username got
permanetly banned
instantly, it was also my YouTube name so I had it coming.

Funny enough, one of my uncles was part of that coup..

I think with time, I'd come to know who you were (back in Snet). In the meantime, show some SOL hospitality, will ya'. It's unfortunate, to know that your "uncles" were part of a group that has committed treason against Somalia and it's people, especially during a time, when the 1977 war was ongoing.

Couldn't they at least wait till the war was over. lol

No disrespect to you.

Somalia;753700 wrote:
:D

The war was over for a month. If it wasn't for General Morgan the coup was likely to succeed.

The Conspirators of 78' had full support and ties with Mengistu Haile Mariam and his regime. It mind boggles me to see how one could come to align himself in supporting such men. In JigaJiga, Somalia's Highest Military Officials in the war were all killed in an infamous massacre, under the hands of the Conspirators of 1978. Tell me though, what this so-called "General Morgan" did to prevent the "coup" in succeeding?

Somalia   

The coup was set up in a good way, take the large bases and the most important ministries.

Anyway, one of those men who were in the coup was General Morgan, but he was never on their side. There used to meetings on how the plan would go etc, and he was involved.

He was the link between the inside and them and he controlled the most important bases in Mogadishu where the elite forces were, so without him the thing was finished.

Anyway, the plan was engineered by Abdullahi Yusuf but it was headed by another man, Colonel Osman. When the time came to execute the plan, General Morgan blew the cover and they were all caught except Abdullahi Yusuf.

Some were executed others weren't, my uncle got 20 years.

Somalia;753703 wrote:
The coup was set up in a good way, take the large bases and the most important ministries.

Anyway, one of those men who were in the coup was General Morgan, but he was never on their side. There used to meetings on how the plan would go etc, and he was involved.

He was the link between the inside and them and he controlled the most important bases in Mogadishu where the elite forces were, so without him the thing was finished.

Anyway, the plan was engineered by Abdullahi Yusuf but it was headed by another man, Colonel Osman. When the time came to execute the plan, General Morgan blew the cover and they were all caught except Abdullahi Yusuf.

Some were executed others weren't, my uncle got 20 years.

I have never heard this before. General Morgan being part of the Conspirators? lol Are you sure you're not making this up, just because Morgan happens to be from the same clan as A/Yusuf and Cirro?

According to you, Morgan was involved. So, why do you think he blew up the cover?

As for your uncle receiving 20 years, I guess he only served 12 years, because the Government fell in 1991. Is your uncle still alive?

Somalia   

He wasn't involved to carry it out, he was on the side of Siad Barre from the start, like a rat? And yeah, he's still alive.

Somalia;753705 wrote:
He wasn't involved to carry it out, he was on the side of Siad Barre from the start, like a rat? And yeah, he's still alive.

That doesn't make any sense. How could he be "involved" and be in the circle of the Conspirators, yet claim that he "was on the side of Siyaad Barre".

By the way, the way you spelled Siyaad Barre (Siad Barre) just gave you in. I know who you are on Snet. hahaha

So, how many years was your uncle in Jail? Which Jail was he put in?

Somalia   

I don't think you understand, he was a rat who pretended to be on their side while he wasn't. How do you think the coup leaked in the first place, hours before it was to commence?

Who am I? :D

He was here. I think he was there for 10 years, my aunt was in there for 8.

d5c18a03e5571f97355b106641126d42.jpg

Somalia;753708 wrote:
I don't think you understand, he was a rat who pretended to be on their side while he wasn't. How do you think the coup leaked in the first place, hours before it was to commence?

Who am I?
:D

He was here. I think he was there for 10 years, my aunt was in there for 8.

d5c18a03e5571f97355b106641126d42.jpg

Never has the accusations of Morgan being double agent surfaced in the history of Political Somalia. Secondly, you're making it seem as if Dawladii Kacaanka didn't had any Intelligent Agency. I mean, for the love of GOD, such Mamuul Goboleed, like Puutland and Somaliland, whom aren't even as equal to a Mosquito's wing compare to the Kacaan have something called "CID" or "PIS" that are their form of "intelligent agency". lol

The 1978 Conspirators could've done their coup in a more fashional, halal way. First, they systematiically killed high-ranking Military Officials in JigJiga. The orders came from Gebeyre and Cirro. Then, they surrendered to Mengistu Haile Mariam and he helped them orchestrate the so-called "coup". Think about it. Why was there a need for coup in the middle of a MAJOR WAR between Ethiopia and Somalia, especially when Somalia captured all of Somali Galbeed and half of Dira Dawa? Somalia was marching to Addis Ababa, when these Conspirators whom you probably are happy about, picked Mengistu over Somalia.

Wait, your Aunt was jailed too?

LOOL @ the picture.

Somalia   

The coup attempt happened AFTER the war. Also, I think I am explaining it wrong.

It's not like General Morgan and the conspirators sat in a smoke filled room on how to plot it, of couurse there was intelligence, but Morgan was in on the loop, they couldn't have done a coup without Morgan.

There were many factors, I remember asking my dad a long time ago what happened and he said one man ruined it. Now when I ask the elders what happened they said it was because of Morgan but also because of another man who thought he would lead the coup if he went first by taking a ministry but was caught. So there's a lot of factors.

Also, I didn't agree with the timing of the coup, in fact I think they went at it the wrong way but people were disillusioned with Siad Barre, moral was low, obviously that's why they thought it'd be the best chance.

Somalia;753712 wrote:
The coup happened AFTER the war. Also, I think I am explaining it wrong.

It's not like General Morgan and the conspirators sat in a smoke filled room on how to plot it, of couurse there was intelligence, but Morgan was in on the loop, they couldn't have done a coup without Morgan.

There were many factors, I remember asking my dad a long time ago what happened and he said one man ruined it. Now when I ask the elders what happened they said it was because of Morgan but also because of another man who thought he would lead the coup if he went first by taking a ministry but was caught. So there's a lot of factors.

Also, I didn't agree with the timing of the coup, in fact I think they went at it the wrong way but people were disillusioned with Siad Barre, moral was low, obviously that's why they thought it'd be the best chance.

First, during the 77' War, Morgan wasn't close to Siyaad Barre, as I believe. Was he married to Siyaad's daughter at the time?

Any child with an ounce weight of brain would know that the 1978 Conspirators committed treason. The harsh penalties, such as death was the result of how they murdered high-ranking Military Officials from the Somali National Army in JigJiga and else in Somali Galbeed in 1977. Had they didn't spill blood, I think most of them wouldn't even be killed. The men whom you hold so dearly close to your heart had and some still have blood on their hands.

They killed fellow Soldiers, they plotted with the help of the enemy (Ethiopia, Mengistu) and for those reasons, any GOVERNMENT in the world would execute the conspirators. I'm surprised your uncle was given 20 years only. He must've not been on the same level as A/Yusuf, Cirro and Co.

Also, of course the timing was terrible. The timing came to save Ethiopia. As you know, Somalia was winning, this Conspirators came into the stage to overthrow Siyaad Barre's government and completely submit to Mengistu's Will. When the Conspirators were exterminated, Russia announced that it was stepping in on behalf of Ethiopia.

Somalia   

I don't know if they were close or not but he was an elite commander, not sure if he was married to his daughter at the time. I honestly have no clue.

However, yes, it was treason to a dictatorship. It was after the war not during, the war ended in March, they did it in April.

However, the loss of the war had nothing to do with them, some were speculating that Siad Barre wanted to go further plus he should have taken Dire Dawa from the beginning, not half as you say. Somalia never stood a chance after he continued after he was warned over and over again by the Soviets.

Jacpher   

^You two should get a room to sort things out.

What was the topic? SSC? I thought that stood for a land not qabiil members? Did I miss something?

Somalia;753715 wrote:
I don't know if they were close or not but he was an elite commander, not sure if he was married to his daughter at the time. I honestly have no clue.

However, yes, it was treason to a dictatorship. It was after the war not during, the war ended in March, they did it in April.

However, the loss of the war had nothing to do with them, some were speculating that Siad Barre wanted to go further plus he should have taken Dire Dawa from the beginning, not half as you say. Somalia never stood a chance after he continued after he was warned over and over again by the Soviets.

Dude, what are you talking about? lol

The Conspirators, were working with Ethiopia, they were caught, then the second option for Ethiopia was to invite Soviet Union. All went down hill after that, cause a Super Power was involved.

The Conspirators of 78' were plotting ever since 1977, and some say even before the war started. They killed Somali Government officials in Somali Galbeed in 1977, while the war was ongoing. They were not for Somalia, rather, they were Pro-Mengistu and fulfilling his interest.

Siyaad Barre's government lost the war because the Soviet Union stepped in. How do you expect Somalia to fight against the Soviets a World Power at the time? lol