Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Some Nice modern Somali Songs

Abtigiis   

Come on! It is not all about the oldies. Some new songs are really great. These are good ones, and if none of you applaud my choice, I will clap for myself like Chinua Achebe's lizard that fell from the Iroko tree and swore to resort to self-praise since no one had applauded its feat. :D :D

Haraad: Hussien and Shamso

biyo halac laan

Haraad u dhintee

Hadaana ku helin

Hog baan galiyoo

Habaaskiyo ciida

la igu hab siin

Maanqaboojiso: Fiska and Abdi Khalid

Ubax dhashay: jooqle and Warda

Narniah   

Abtigiis;750252 wrote:
how do you post this as a video horta. Is there no guide for techno-peasants in the FAQs?

Where it says quick reply look underneath it, above the reply box. There are a bunch of icons.: Go to the second last icon it looks like a film icon. Paste your link in there and voila.

Aaliyyah   

Abtigiis. [./video] make sure u put the link between..(between teh dot before the slash I just put it there cuz otherwise u wouldnt be able to see what I posted lol)

bt post good islamic lectures ..hesahu wa xaraane naga joojiya:P

nuune   

^^ Maashaa Allaah Aaliyah inaad iska dhaaftey heesaha dhageysigooda iyo fiirsigooda, adduunkan waa gaabanyahey, Aakhira haloo shaqeesto, soo daadi bal some Islamic lectures maba fiirsan waligey wax Islamic Lecture ah.

Aaliyyah   

^I am trying.bt a friend of mine just gave me a ride right and she was listening to jihadayda so eeg by farhia fiska in her car(i am seriously trying to quit but ppl are not helping loool)..anyways, I will open a thread insha'allah and everyone can just post any nice video that's islamic that they find beneficial inshallah..

salaam

Abtigiis, this is an interesting thread and I'll try to contribute as much as possible.

could you please explain the time-line of Somali music. when you say 'modern', i took that to mean somali music since 2000 with the high pitched synth beats and nice melodic beats.

do you think its possible to catalogue somali music into different genres and time periods. sometimes, i listen to qaraami music to romanticise the 'good old days of somali music', of course, i know nothing about this time period but it only serves as a reference point. its like a twenty-something year old person listening to the music of rolling stones or the Beatles, its complete distortion.

Abtigiis   

Aaliyah's intervention here reminds me of the interruptions of small Mullahs in the big Arosses (wedding) in my village. At about midnight on the thrid night, you are holding the hand of a girl (occassionally allowed for this occassions if you the temerity to do so), with your left hand, and your Macawis with the right one, bouncing up and down to the tune of old Lionel Riche or Royce's hot music (which you don;t understand; and then suddenly a delegation of Mullahs from the nearby mosque, irked by the debauchery going around, gate-crushes into the Aroos and asks everybody "inuu nabiga(sCW) ku saliyo. The music is stopped and people muttter the salli. The mullahs of those days were not pushy. They give a sermon of about five or ten minutes emphasizing in Ilaahay laga yaabo before the relatives of the groom and bride finally interuupt the mullahs with "culumadu way mahadsanyihiin" and scort them to the exit ate after giving them tea and biscuits. And even before their left leg leaves the door, the music once again restarts and like the characters in video games paused while grapping tea, you at once come to life and look for the cudbi you were dancing with. By then, the brief change in the mood might have dampened her spirits and you cannot totally expect her to continue with you. You can get "no,no, bas bas walaalkay baa yimid arooska'.

Max, I generally (arbitrarily too, classify somali music into three:

Oldies: 1960-1980

Middle: 1981- 1995

Modern: 1996-now

More accurately, wixii Sahro Daawo ka dambeeyey baa modern ah.

:D

Hodan Cali Cilmi.

Heesaha cusub ee gabadhaan soo saarto badanaa waaka helaa.

Heesaha Shamsa Max'ed Food si aad ugu dambeeyaa iyagana. Sida tan hoose iyo tan kore.

Sababaha aan Shamso heesaheeda u sii jeclahay waxaa ugu wacan iyadaa qorato heesaheeda.

Abtigiis   

Aaaaaaah! My jungle roots! What an affliction! I forgot to thank Narniah and Aaliyah for their guidance on how to post the videos. Apologies dear sisters. It is appreciated.

carabkiyo damxanagiyo

ciridkiyo ilkahaa

canahey ku nuugtaa

wali kaso cartamayee

anaa sidaan uu caashaqay

calwasaaday oo kacay

canabeey markaan iri

cidlo noqotay meeshii

cosobiyo dhul doogiyo

cowbaartaa dheeriyo

cadale ay ku dhalatee

ninkey calaf uu noqotoo