Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Of somalis, and their accents.

somalee   

N.O.R.F;745489 wrote:
:D

Don't have a problem with accents. Laakin marka aan nin xamar ka yimid (odayaasha) isa salaamayno wax kaama jawaabaayo. Eg, you ask the usual questions and vice versa. You respond with "alxamdullilah the family are fine, how are you and hows the family?" He will ask you another question like "how are your parents" you respond and ask again "reerki ka waran" he will not answer and ask you another question like 'shaqadii ka waran" and by then you give up and keep smiling
The Arabs do the same thing.

:D :D :D very funny, su'aasha kale aad u boodeysid adigoon tii hore ka jawaabin waxay ka dhigantahay inaad ka jawaabtay oo kale. Tusaale, markii lagu yiraahdo ''reerkii ka waran'' adiguna weydiiso ''caafimaadka ka waran'' reerkii way nabad qabaan adigoo yidhi oo kale weeyaan. Or else reerkii kawaran markii lagu yiraahdo maadan adiguna ku boodi lahayn ''caafimaadka ka waran'', you'd have said something like, ''Shalay bay ayeeyo dhimatay'' or ''Abti ayaa cagta laga gooyay''.

I hope it made sense.

somalee;745487 wrote:
Exactly! That's what I was also thinking. The same goes for folks who use the bari accent, they're too feminine as if overdosed with estrogen. I was also thinking if all Somali women adopted the bari accent and all men the Northern accent...would be fabulous. P.S:
Hope this doesn't offend the admins
:)

lool@ Admin

Bal waa su'aale, intaas oo dhib ah iyo boor isku qaris maxaad u martay? You could have taken the plunge in the politics section. hehehe.

And here we were all thinking you are a genuine new nomad who had an important topic to contribute. Ceebeey tacaal. Few of us have wasted our energy on this topic.

nuune   

^^ smileys.gif I thought she said something about my Raas-Caseyr deep down accent.

Ps: The only feminine name I see here is the name Somalee(not the persona), had that thinking as Baashi to think the name is a gabadh xiiran!

Atirisho   

There is so many varition of dialects within the Somali language.

First, The Reer woqooyi dialect is the most abnoxious, aggressive dialect within the Somali language. Everytime I see reer woqooyi people having a converstation, they looks like they are having some sort of altercation even they are speaking about pleasant things. I think the second more aggressive dialect is the reer mudug dialect.

Reer Bari dialect is much more pleasant. It is not feminine as some put it, and I don't understand how a dialect could be feminine really.

Reer Xamari dialect is really hilarious. I also find it romantic. don't ask me why!

somalee   

nuune;745539 wrote:
^^
smileys.gif
I thought she said something about my Raas-Caseyr deep down accent.

Ps: The only feminine name I see here is the name Somalee(not the persona), had that thinking as
Baashi
to think the name is a gabadh xiiran!

The name ''Nuune'' is so feminine, sort of childish and cute. No homo :)

somalee   

Libaax-Sankataabte;745521 wrote:
lool@ Admin

Bal waa su'aale, intaas oo dhib ah iyo boor isku qaris maxaad u martay? You could have taken the plunge in the politics section. hehehe.

And here we were all thinking you are a genuine
new
nomad who had an important topic to contribute. Ceebeey tacaal.

I'm new here, sir. New. Dhibna ma jiro, boodhna la'iskuma qarin.

N.O.R.F   

somalee;745517 wrote:
very funny, su'aasha kale aad u boodeysid adigoon tii hore ka jawaabin waxay ka dhigantahay inaad ka jawaabtay oo kale. Tusaale, markii lagu yiraahdo ''reerkii ka waran'' adiguna weydiiso ''caafimaadka ka waran'' reerkii way nabad qabaan adigoo yidhi oo kale weeyaan. Or else reerkii kawaran markii lagu yiraahdo maadan adiguna ku boodi lahayn ''caafimaadka ka waran'', you'd have said something like, ''Shalay bay ayeeyo dhimatay'' or ''Abti ayaa cagta laga gooyay''.

I hope it made sense.

Gartay :D

Abdul   

somalee;745486 wrote:
Nin baan ahay sxb. How do you differentiate between mudug and bari? I was just thinking the mudug/bari accent doesn't go well with bass/deep voice. Saying ''war ba'aa'' with a deep voice, for instance, will sound awkward methinks. Better suited for a high pitched voice.

The name sounds too feminine saxib.Try to change it.Some woqoyi guys were almost trying to make a move on you.