Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Of somalis, and their accents.

^ "xaayoow" xaa kuu diiday? ;) BWT, your adeer, the one I knew (AUN) had a strong reer Mudug accent despite being reer Baladwayn and later Beexaani.

If I were to take the plunge, I would say Nugaal/Mudug accent is no doubt the most masculine Somali accent. (Abdulahi Yusuf and Faroole use Mudug/Nugaal accents if you want to see common examples on youtube).

Gheelle.T, "Ari Boowe aa la tahay" always makes me laugh. Reer Bari are the more cynical and condescending bunch. Somali oo dhan inuu ninka reer Bariga ahi ka sareeyo ayuu isu hasytaa oo inta kale ay cawaan yihiin aan caaqibo lahayn. Reer Nugaleed iyo Reer Mudugna intaa Reer Bari bay caayayaan iyagoo gaajaysan. Wallee waa la isku wareeray. :D :D

Somlsee, c'moon Reer Waqooyi accent has too many "walaalo", "huuno" softy stuff. Naga daa dee :D :D

Lol@war ba'a" . I find mudug accent or bari accent for that matter down right funny.

Northern accent is a turn off for me personally , especially when the person speaking is a woman. The women tend to sound rather aggressive as if overdosed with testosterone. Can you blame them its the enviroment, harsh weather results in harsh people.The few northerns in my family are plain rude when they speak. I think the northerns could do with a bit of manners. They need to be paired up with reer xamris, now these people are calm, cool and collective got to love them:)

STOIC   

This reminds me of Ken Jeong comedy on accents...I think the Southern Somali accent is kinda gay (and more of Northerners accents on weed)...haha...j/k

somalee   

Baashi;745239 wrote:
Gents with waqooyi accent the door is wide open
:)
Somalee has put her cards on the table

Somalee baayo "war ba'a" is a Mudug talk.

Nin baan ahay sxb. How do you differentiate between mudug and bari? I was just thinking the mudug/bari accent doesn't go well with bass/deep voice. Saying ''war ba'aa'' with a deep voice, for instance, will sound awkward methinks. Better suited for a high pitched voice.

somalee   

GaroweGal;745351 wrote:
Lol@war ba'a" . I find mudug accent or bari accent for that matter down right funny.

Northern accent is a turn off for me personally , especially when the person speaking is a woman. The women tend to sound rather aggressive as if overdosed with testosterone.
Can you blame them its the enviroment, harsh weather results in harsh people.The few northerns in my family are plain rude when they speak. I think the northerns could do with a bit of manners. They need to be paired up with reer xamris, now these people are calm, cool and collective got to love them:)

Exactly! That's what I was also thinking. The same goes for folks who use the bari accent, they're too feminine as if overdosed with estrogen. I was also thinking if all Somali women adopted the bari accent and all men the Northern accent...would be fabulous. P.S: Hope this doesn't offend the admins :)

somalee   

Aaliyyah;745253 wrote:
first of all it is not an accent but a dialect. Secondly, I don't find
southern dialect feminine but rather romantic.
.abayo macaanto..aboowe..it is lovely!!..on the other hand, our northern dialect isn't as friendly as the southern one..waryaahee..nayahee.and so on and so forth..

salaam

Marka hore waan ku salaamay, marka xigana nobody said anything about a 'southern' accent or 'dialect'. Thanks for trying to contribute though, would've been even better if you went through the five lines I posted before you tried :)

N.O.R.F   

Baashi;745239 wrote:
Gents with waqooyi accent the door is wide open
Somalee has put her cards on the table

somalee;745486 wrote:
Nin baan ahay sxb

:D :D :D

Don't have a problem with accents. Laakin marka aan nin xamar ka yimid (odayaasha) isa salaamayno wax kaama jawaabaayo. Eg, you ask the usual questions and vice versa. You respond with "alxamdullilah the family are fine, how are you and hows the family?" He will ask you another question like "how are your parents" you respond and ask again "reerki ka waran" he will not answer and ask you another question like 'shaqadii ka waran" and by then you give up and keep smiling :D The Arabs do the same thing.