Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Limits of Vuvuzela Genocide

Abtigiis   

You don't need to be on the sidelines. There will be no bare-knuckled duel of the type the Kandahar Pashtun's are wont to. Even the expert promotion of Don King will not bring about a mouth-watering 12 rounder here. The rats go to their holes in one breath the moment the cat walks in. They run for dear life. Armed with truth and grander idea, peddlers of trivial clan models can't face me.

Good english

and everyone read what you & I write on SOL.....and who is more somali here!!!!

Your grander idea doesn't match your trivial clan rhetoric...

Maaddeey   

Abtigiis, waxaad ogtahay in rag badan maqanyihiin oo kii bold'iga aadka u isticmaali jiray ku jiro, markaasaad waxaad rabto iska tiri soow maaha?. Xiin yuusan jar kaatuurin!.

Abtigiis   

Maxay iga qaadin karaan? Gabdhahoodii aan sal salaami jirayna waa horey igu direen oo wixii PM ka qabta Abtigiis waa dayro yidhaahdeen. Ibtisam'na waa ba tii i cayday ee la ogaa. A wet man doesn't fear rain!

Abtigiisow soo hadda mid kale ka daba qori maysid oo "jihaadkii" reer abti aad ku taageeraysid. :) Xullafadii iyo heshiiskii aad Oodweyna iyo NG la gashay xaggee maraayaa? lol

Abtigiis   

GT,

I am not Sifir, the Zero politician from SL, to change my political stance for alliance-building expediency. NG and Odweyne can form alliance with me on issues, but even at the height of our unholy marriage, it was clear we fundamentally disagreed on the secession issue. The Pirates you are born from aren't any better as far as my political vision for Somalia is concerned, but at least they don't wail every sunrise like a widow whose husband was killed the night she was deflowered. They were killed by Siyad Barre, they killed Mogadishaans by using foriegn army, but they moved on. These ones from the North have no life other than ceaselessly recite stories from bygone bad days.

Abtigiis   

Ila wareedyo hordhac ah oo lagu kalsoonaan karo ayaa sheegaya in reer-aqoonsi-doon teleconference arintan kaga arinsanayaan, iyadoo go'aamada la filayo inay soo saaran ay ugu horeeyso in xaddidaada dhinaca xidhiidhka gabdaha ee isaaran la sii adkeeyo. :D :D Apparently JB is arguing that is not relevant given my move towards the maay-speaking South. Ayoub is said to be taking a hardline, while the rest of the flock are just going to do what they are best at doing: whine!

Aduun! Sheeko ayaa iga dambeysay raggii Suldaan Ngonge, North Ayuub iyo Oodwyne lahaa saaka waa la la'yahay miyaa mise conference ki aya weli dhamaanin kkkkkkk

Som@li   

the truth is very HARD to swallow, it is time to de-Brainwash, Oohinta joojiya, the victim mentality, is no longer working.

Abtigiis   

Why a non-existent genocide is broadcasted with deafening vuvuzelas has nothing to do with honoring fallen SNM heroes or lander victims. To understand the main reason for this, one needs to look at the barely disguised divisions along clan and sub-clan lines among Somalilanders. The secession agenda stands on weak legal and moral grounds and needs some other support to escape death from asphyxia. And historically, tyrannical entities consistently employed the tactic of creating imaginary enemies to evade popular scrutiny of their bad ideas. What economic, political, social and cultural benefits are to be gained from dismembering Somaliland from Somalia? Who separates from whom in the knottily intertwined Somali society? What pressing and inescapable realities dictate such disunion? Answers to all these critical questions could reveal to the masses the irrationality of the secession agenda SNM militants imposed on the Somaliland populace. That is why old Migs have to dangle from buildings in Hargeisa. That explains the fixation with retribution rather than forgiveness. That is why old men who happened to be the front points of a military at war with foreign-backed shifta are given the persona of Adolf Aichman, solely on the basis of hearsays from traumatized former SNM fighters, who see phantom killers everywhere.

The SNM chauvinists, who are seen as heroes in Haregeisa, but could well end up crowding the roll of shame of Somali nationalism if they don’t repent, know the shakiness of their hollow aspiration. That is why unionist parties are outlawed in their constitution, which boasts of being based on democratic principles. That is why fear of a fa.qa.sh revival and re-colonization are propagated every time a rebirth of a strong Somalia State is discussed. That is why freedom of expression and association is forbidden for Somalilanders who preferred to fit into more spacious pants than the narrow clan underwear the rest of the clan choked itself with. This, against a well-known reality that the sort of government system that led to the civil wars in Somalia, will not be able to come back again in any form.

We all remember the bloody infighting that ensued after the declaration of secession in early 1990s. Their own internal feud is so intense that without Rayaale, we may have witnessed a second cycle of bloodshed. Now that establishment of political parties is legalized, brace for 45 different habros, each with a tiny flag and four-letter party name. The lot is clan-worshippers to the bone. They seek salvation in clan identity, oblivious to the time-tested reality that there is no endgame to a clan identity. Like the onion it is often equated to, clan identity gives you new faces in layers. A week ago, a guy from Burco area averred to me that he prefers to be under Sheikh Sharif or Abdiwali than to be humiliated by what he called a supremacist Awal boss. He meant Mohamed Hashi, the Finance Minister of Somaliland.

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;745016 wrote:
This is by far the most powerful intellectual bullet fired by our prof. abtigiis. It would be very hard to believe if this does not wound NGONGE.

Wound? Tickle more like, saaxib. :D

(A&T, edit the title to include SL..or most people would not notice it).