Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Leaked US diplomatic cables reveal why Azania will not materialize

The Zack;744965 wrote:
.... what is ironic is that Gabbal now believes that reer Gedo are now the majority of Kismaayo ...

That is exactly my take away as well. :D :D

Azania, as we said many times, was nothing more than an academic paper written by a Somali professor for Kenya.

Gabbal   

How did I know some would not get beyond that point of consistent majority label? It may not come as a surprise to you but Gabbal did not write those cables and neither do the American embassies in Addis Ababa and Nairobi have any reason to show bias about Kismaayo's tribal balance. If you are unhappy about it, take it up with American intelligence gathering.

The Zack   

You, xiin, I and every Somali person knows that is not true. We are just pointing out if the cable failed to know that simple thing how are we to believe the Australian knows anything that is happening in Azania?

Gabal, you are correct in that you did not write it. It is also correct that statement is based on American intelligence gathering.

Two things though good Gabal: 1)American intelligence is from Somalis and it is as biased as the one who gathered it. It hardly gets subjected to the rigorous analysis that is warranted. In this context, it has no negative consequence though, 2) That you are more than excited, almost exuberant about it says a lot about you boowe :D

Gabbal   

You mean it legitimizes the claims I had made? I don't deny it Xiin. But then again, I think the day the Gedo community expelled the combined militias of Koojaar and Afgaduud following the removal of the ICU was the day the population statistics of the city of Kismaayo became apparent to all who cared to look.

Really though, I think the fact this is highlighted now in this topic has less to do with my excitement than yours' and Zack's unconcealed irritation. :)

Baashi   

Good ole Kismayo. What a disgrace!

I am disappointed in my people. How backward, ignorant, and at times ****** are my nomads. Kismayo has the capacity and resources to accommodate millions.

Dabrow   

Gedo should be free from Ethiopian chains and kenyan. Our enemy is laughing at us

Intra somali fighting countines....when will somalis wake and embrace each other?

togheter we are strong

Dabrow   

and for stating the ovious everbody knows,,,somalis are the real losers in east africa. we get bullied around by kenyans and xabashis.

In sicks minds its better to controll your brother when your enemy is controlling you.

These people have no shame and need to removed from leadersship, ghandi, Barre hirralele and the keyplayers.

They have put our somali name down for 20 years and offers no solution expect war and famine.

It looks like we never learned from the past lessons and people seem to have their heads still stuck in the sand. One would wonder how hard is it to change the mindset of our people and when will our people recognize and appreciate the importance of living in peace and stability in this region. It is not the interest of the people of this region to allow some clan-centric individuals run the show and to lead people into confrontational and disastrous path. This is not about who is majority or not it is about building bridges of different communities and avoiding mistakes done in the past. and this Azaniyah, well, Gandi himself finished it off from the beginning when he came with this ‘foreign’-named Kenyan project and then kissed it good-bye with his clear intention to make this an “exclusively” OG project.

We are cursed people!

Som@li   

over 20 years we are this sh1t, and sadly, have not yet learned the lesson. Reer Hebel baa leh iyo Reer Hebel baa u badan ,the crazy part is even those who were a bit educated, and would show the light to the masses, are still keeping them hostage, for their small gain.

Abdul   

Som@li;745151 wrote:
over 20 years we are this sh1t, and sadly, have not yet learned the lesson. Reer Hebel baa leh iyo Reer Hebel baa u badan ,the crazy part is even those who were a bit educated, and would show the light to the masses, are still keeping them hostage, for their small gain.

very good point.But real problem again is some leaders being used by neighbouring countries to keep somalia in its current satus for their own interest.

yahya007   

together lets build greater Somalia and forget about azania ,and all other divisions. have you realised that foreigners use divide and rule to rule us. Lets start the Somali AWAKENING WORLWIDE. for sure I have never seen a peaceful Somalia and weather my grand children or children will see there ancestrol land. I'm fed up.

yahya007;745187 wrote:
for sure I have never seen a peaceful Somalia

Then you have a very long way to understand things ....... I lived in a peaceful Somalia, Chaotic Somaliland and now peaceful Somaliland.