Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Hees Cusub: Contemporary music videos the paradigm cultural shift

Aaliyyah   

*I can't believe Solers are still attached to Somali songs, anigu waxaas waa horaan iska dhaafey, kaban, qaraami, qaaci iyo dhushuqyadii kaleba, waaguu jaceelka i hayey ee la i saarey gurada(awrta dushooda aqalka laga sameeyo) oon bogsan waayey illaa la ii keeno oon ursado ganbo ay xiran jirtey tu baas oon si xun u jeclaa alla qaada, wey dhimatey laakin.

subhanalah@way i dhimatay..walahi waad iga nixisay..(lakin halkas baan ku fadhiya sheko xariir inaad akhrinasid)

n good to know u quit somali music..I guess some of us are having hard time...and this has nothing to do with being in love..at least with me! I just enjoy listening to them!,,,bt yeah once and for all I do have to quit..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

^that was my favourite song..actually a friend posted a while back on my fb page and asked me for the lyrics..and I ended up typing the lyrics for her..and really fell in love with this song! They're both talented walahi!..

n i have no idea if shes married or not bt isnt she like an older lady...isku fac ma tihiin??! ..:P

salaam

Garnaqsi   

Alpha Blondy;743865 wrote:
this is more realistic. better than a 'faanan' wearing a suit bigger than him in a park somewhere, caressing the flowers.

I agree. I don't know why they do that. It's probably cheaper, but it's also completely tasteless!

Tuujiye   

looool@ nuune.. sxboo almost 5 years ayaa kasoo wareegatay waqtigii aan baastada meeneeska kuugu qarin jiray lool ilaa iyo hada ma iga daba wadaa?? wadaadoo hakugu dhaco anaheenee.... Waraa next summer waan ku sugooyaa marax yahoo loool...

Val, many years markaad dhahday, waayo waayo aa isoo xasuusisay loool

Aaliya lool your somali is really good now than before maasha allah... must be the somali songs loool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

LoL @ baasto mayonaise leh. Greasy dheh.

Nuune, don't take offence. Your Somali is very understandable but there was a time I had a hard time with it, especially when you speak the 'ciyaal xaafad' tongue.

Aaliyyah   

lol at least why didnt u add tamatoe sauce to the pasta :D

as for the somali songs improving my somali?? that probably has some truth to it, especially in terms of writing Somali(since i always write the lyrics out of a hobby).. But, I have always spoke somali with fluency..

salaam

Aaliyyah;743880 wrote:
^that was my favourite song..actually a friend posted a while back on my fb page and asked me for the lyrics..and I ended up typing the lyrics for her..and really fell in love with this song! They're both talented walahi!..

n i have no idea if shes married or not bt isnt she like an older lady...isku fac ma tihiin??! ..
:P

salaam

older than me, se walaahi subag waaye.Comfortable with her age; she might teach me one or two.

Kulmiye   

I often see this kind of discussions across the internet… and I can never understand why? I mean why do we automatically make the assumption that all Somalis are Muslims? Why do we expect them to hold the same values and behave the same way? Just because waa Somali doesn’t mean you should hold all Somalis to the same standards.

Biologically we may have everything in common but we are very diverse now primarily cause of the circumstances that made us homeless... And coming to abroad we are now exposed to different cultures, languages, religions and norms that may seem unique to many Somalis- thus Somalis are converting to other religions, assimilating to other cultures and as end result the younger generation are becoming product of what they see, hear, and whatever else that may seem appealing in the environment they're placed in.

Wixi Ilahay soo hadaynayo waa soo hagagayaan wixi kalana yaga iyo Ilaahay ayaa akhiro isleh- marka LET IT BE!

Som@li   

burahadeer;743873 wrote:

waxanaa muusik la dhahaa....yaa isiiya mid sidaa iigu heesta.

Is she married..hahaa

Waw, waa isku dhacaysa, Inkasto xooga ay xooga jilicday Nice song