Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Mogadishu 2011

N.O.R.F   

Che -Guevara;743021 wrote:
I wonder how much of Xamar is inhabited by pre-91 residents?

*shakes head* :D

Cheh, does it matter?

Aaliyyah   

This lady was asking my mom today when r u heading back, n she was naming many other ladies who went to xamar..and my mom was so interested. N the lady also said..something abt..minooyin aya dhulka laga guraya..(now that scared me!!)...so ill wait a bit more..inkasto alle qadartiisa la segeen.

inshallah xamar iyo laascaanod dacaladeedaba waan so daawan oo aadi..magaloyinka kale oo dhana waan boqan haduu alle qadaro.

somaliwayn oo midwodayna oo umadaha kale la tarabasana alle ha nugu simo..

Eid mubarak in advance too..alle soontan xasanaatkeeda hanugu so aado, ta so socotna alle hanagaaadhsiyo..

salaam

p.s Somalina thank you for the lovely pics.

Aaliyyah   

Che I don't think that question should be asked...

Almost anywhere in somalia qofkasta ba dagi jiray. If I take an example, I was born in hargaisa and my family lived there for years prior to 88 war..and now hargaisa residents are not exclusively from one qabiil n im sure people who are not isa* live there just like xamar . However, neither of them are the way they were prior to the civil war..n samething applies to other cities..after the war waxa moda in la isku soocan qabiilo..waqtigi hoyaday waxay odhan jirtay yaa tahay lama is waydiin jirin inta badan oo waxaas muhim ma aheen..dagaalka ka dib laakin qabiil ayaad moda in loo batay....

Anyways, Somalia has been through a lot..

n just a random story kinda related - Today my family has picked up this old man from the mosque to his home and he was telling us his life story (n as somalis u know siyasad ba la isla galay the 20 minutes drive..and he told us his life story how he almost got killed in hamar in 91 but alle ma gilin naftisa..and how u ugu han waynyahay xamar..im guessing he grew up there jacaylka u hayay baad arkasa)..

so walaal my point is we just need to pick up the pieces and go from there. Enough dwelling over the past..let it rest in peace!

salaam

Malika   

Just a little story to share - A friend of mine had finally found means of contacting the people that resided in their home after they had to leave Mogadishu. To her suprise an old lady answered the phone, and when she told her who she was the old lady started crying. She was crying with relief, apparently all these years she has been praying for the owners to come back so that she could hand them over their property. She didnt want to die without having given back the owners their property and to seek forgiveness... My friend told her, what has happened has happened and she is grateful that the old lady has stayed all those years in their home - which means at least it was looked after to some extent. Now my friend is only waiting for when its safe enough to go back and relocate other occupants of her fathers many houses/properties.

Mogadishu, has been through alot - most of us, dreamt of living and working in that city. I hope we get to live our dreams.

N.O.R.F;743029 wrote:
*shakes head*
:D

Cheh, does it matter?

It kind of does.A friend went back to our old neighborhood. He recognized no one and the culture has completely changed. An old Xamari won't recognize much.

Aaliyah...I'm not talking about Qabiil.