Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Going down SOL memory lane

I can't believe that I've been here for the past 7 years! Cuurazzzzzzzzzy.

Anyway - while playing around with this new forum look - I pressed the replies button at the top of the general and women's sections. And, what memories :P

It sorts threads from most to least replies. I don't know - the last 2-3 years, these sections have been on life support. I scurry past past the sports, politics and other sections - so don't know how they are faring.

I think some of us ,*ahem*, have been a bit too hard on our lovable SOL nuts/crazies/weirdos that have been this place fun and entertaining. I even miss the fights!!!

So I implore all the freaks - both guests and members alike - come and ask your weird questions and maybe step on a few lazy toes here and there.

Of course, after Ramadhan that is. :cool:

What posters/threads do you guys remember?

The archives are a hoot. Anytime I wanna entertain myself or I have time on my hands, I trawl through the General and Women's archives. Some of the threads are so funny, walaahi. I won't post links now, as some of them are a bit naughty, after Ramadan Insha'Allah.

Hands down craziest and funniest posters were Nephy/Bishaaro and Castro, followed by Faarax Brown with his irreverent 'dumbazz' comments. Those three used to turn the most innocent threads topsy turvy. I miss them (not FB, yaa)!

AYOUB   

- Femme -;740487 wrote:

So I implore all the freaks - both guests and members alike - come and ask your weird questions and maybe step on a few lazy toes here and there.

Will you marry me?

AYOUB   

^ Ma waagi "xamari" aad iska dhigi jirtay? :)

I think the topic that's left a lot of unanswered questions is girls' "parachute jump" that never took place.

C'on girls, what happened on that "eventful" day? Time to spill the cambuulo!;)

(For the new SOLers, I'm talking about this) >> http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/1097-Female-SOL-Londoners/page15?highlight=Parachute

AYOUB   

^ :D

Haddanaad iska dhigi jirin, miyaad ahaan jirtay? :D Mise haddaad waxaad aheyn iska dhigaysa?:cool:

N.O.R.F   

I remember heading to SL in '07 and JB telling me he is Hargaisa. I was like really? I thought he was in Canada somewhere because of his Baro associates :D

BOREDOM. Need I say more?

Old boy should revive it for the newbies.

AYOUB   

^ Don't hold your breath. The old man has changed a lot. I'm not talking about his transformation from the old beduin who never minded geezers invading his personal space on the tube to "iga durka" stance. I've noticed much more, just don't know why.

chubacka   

I will always cringe at the memory of Max P coming out as a drag queen. Queen A or something similar.

Also remember the first post by one of Max's alias about finding and using a freedom pass and after one too many sad stories Ng continuously encouraging him to jump off a bridge!

Ahhh it wasn't years ago but v. entertaining all the same.

LoL...Ayoub, that was a funny topic. 17 pages and several months planning = no Go-karting and no confirmation of sky diving. Where's Sheh, these days?

How about Abtigiis' mission to win SOL male of 2009? That was hilarious. Going over it, I bet Marx voted for himself 3 times then, as Marx, as B and as Queen Arraweelo. Ha ha. Here they are:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/13293-SOL-2009-Awards

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/11867-SOL-Awards-The-Final

LOL.

I remember xquisit, lazy girl & tuujiye (that name always creeped me out - what exactly was he squeezing?). Very funny & entertaining.

Ayoub, by Somali standards, that's not a weird question at all. ;P

AYOUB;740629 wrote:
^
:D

Haddanaad iska dhigi jirin, miyaad ahaan jirtay?
:D
Mise haddaad waxaad aheyn iska dhigaysa?:cool:

Waar waan canjili jiray niyow ,,, :D

AYOUB   

^ Waraa qatar aa tahay macalinka. :)

Valenteenah.;740665 wrote:
17 pages and several months planning = no Go-karting and no confirmation of sky diving. Where's Sheh, these days?

17 pages and hundreds of £s! I think Ibti is the best person to tell this epic story. How could a group of girls keep a secret this long? Sheh can correct her when her memory fails. Then again, something that scary can't be forgotten, unless something forgettable happened after the jump:o

Femme, I know. I was being reer magal. A proper nomad would have said; "can I marry you?".