Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Political Desperation All Over

Political Desperation All Over…

Alshabaab is forced to appease the starving shacab by committing a cardinal sin (in its books), allowing western relief agencies to operate in areas under movement’s control.

Siilaanyo jets off to the newly born state of South Sudan, perhaps to present secessionist’s begging bowl for recognition, a recognition bigger and more populous states avoided to embrace.

Faroole, in a sign that he finally realizes that he presides a state with shrinking borders politically and security wise, has desperately begun to look inward by forming a hasty political commission while security exacerbates, and pirates thrive.

TFG roommate leaders are facing increased irrelevancy in Somalia’s political theatre to the degree members of the parliament begun to urge the world not to send relief aides to the alshabaab-controlled areas.

...And Somalis as always are being fickle where ever they are

Jacpher   

^Farax, no Sheikh was hurt or beat up. It was a failed attempt of propaganda. Some idi.ot trying to get some attention. Actually what took place that night was not worth of any report. A man with ulterior motives tried to interrupt the lecture of guest speaker and well reputed Sheikh. Just a hot air. I am glad the mosque notified the authorities so these monkeys get arrested and trespassed so the public can have a peace of mind in the House of God.

Back to the topic: It's a changing time for AS, will see when their time comes to point a finger of murtadnimo at each other. TFG maxaa uga haray the one year deadline horta? Siilaanyo is lucky if he can keep the fingers of habraha away from the trigger.

As much as I like to stick it to Oodweyne Xiin, we must admit to ourselves the secessionists have made slow but steady strides in the pursuit of their policies, no matter how misguided those policies are. On the other hand, things are regressing in Puntland, Mudug/Xiin, TFG and AS territories.

Che, I really do not see any progress in Somali peninsula. Somaliland is at best a stagnant region unless clannish fervor and the superficial sense of unity of purpose can be counted as a permanent progressive feature.

Libaaxow awoowe waan ku salaamay, halkaan waayadaan waqti baan u waayey ee Oodweyne iyo jaalkiisa waan maawelin lahaa :D

^^I think you would be better advised to let go the steam, ya Oodka.

Truth is Somaliland is part of Somalia and NO amount of tabloid praise, hired professional pens propaganda, and flew in politicians commentary from distant lands will change that reality. What secessionist dream of and the delusional world they live in is the stuff of fairy tale awoowe, and I shall not bother to deflate the separatist balloon Xaaji Xunjuf’s of SOL are kiting around here. But I must say this much to you: your holly cow lacks the characteristics of a viable state; it lacks the strategic incentive for the West to buy into your recognition proposition; it does not even pass the feasibility test as the specter of a new state solely on the basis of political grievance presents more threats than opportunities to the stability of the region …there is a good reason why twenty years of hard work to secure ictiriaaf in the context of a failed state that could not keep you inline does not come to fruition.

Now one would be unfair not to acknowledge the baby steps Somaliland region took toward establishing reliable political system. I say baby steps because democracy is not about elections only. There are three pillars for sustainable democratic governance: free and fair elections, independent judicial system, and strong civic institutions i.e free press and like. Somaliland has embraced the first and implemented it for a good measure. But the other two, important pillars are not even in primitive stage. So much of the democratic characterization is in relative terms.

As the recent UN Security Council in Nairobi made clear to your reps, the territorial integrity of Somalia is intact even in the current context of failed state. Kalshaale, and Lasaanood conflict crystallized the instability that could result in from your separatist efforts.

So don’t take the daydream quite seriously…

So now Faroole has also received similar invitation and headed off to Jubba. I wonder what is the significance of this Siilaanyo visit for the secessionist.

But the sad thing in all of this is that the poor south sudan government's expected long list, high profile head of states will not turn up hence the need to fill the space with, anything, ragtag regional leaders. The good thing for them is, waxay garteen niman aan waxba kadayrinaynin, I don't know who tipped them, malaha Zenawi ayaa tip siiyay President Selva Kiir.

Qandalawi;732712 wrote:
So now Faroole has also received similar invitation and headed off to Jubba. I wonder what is the significance of this Siilaanyo visit for the secessionist.

LOL. That would kill Oodweyne's excitement...

^It will be even more exciting to see the reaction of the two Somali regional leaders when they come face to face in Jubba. But who will be there to report it?

Now, when one points out the glaring reality that Somalia in general (and in sotto-voce sense, pirate-land in particular) are faring in comparison to Somaliland; you, once again, like a manner, that would of have make that "old Jewish lady" proud, decided to regale the gallery that is SOL, your "imagined imperfection", in which, you, alone are privy to it, whereby to boot, Somaliland seemed to be suffering from it.

;););)