Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Expectations for Abdiweli in the Next Year

1- Bridge the gap between Somali regions and TFG

2- Hold an all inclusive, consultative conference for all Somali stakeholders in Xamar to move beyond transition

3- Make fighting alshabaab the least priority for the next year, let AMISOM do the defending as they are paid for (majority of donor money goes into funding these foreign troops anyway)

4- Postpone talk about constitution, federalism and other polarizing political items until all Somalis get together in more representative manner

Take it from xiin, you ignore these substantive stuff and follow Sheekh Sharif's empty sermons of defending the mother land and cleansing alshabaab, creating economic opportunities and other lame announcements, and you will end up in that familiar historical dustbin...

^^I fully know that he is not in control, but he could always try awoowe. Especially, in light of Farmaajo's departure, insistence from Abdiweli's part on attacking the core issues would resonate with the Somali people.

NGONGE   

It all depends on how long he's in the job for and how long this transitional period is going to last. Because of the short time limit, he actually has to concentrate on numbers three and four rather than the two you're speaking about, saaxib. Needs must and all that.

How long he will be on the job before the powers-that-be intervene again is already known; one year. How long the transition will last will partly depend on his vision and capacity to lead ( I know he does not have that much influence today). Concentrating on 3 & 4 was what did away with those before him, repeating the same mistake will inevitably impede any progress he would've otherwise made.

He has to fight Al Shabaab, capture Mogadishu and then and only then can there be a national conference inside the capital.

The idea of control is relative, who is in control? Mahiga, Zenawi, Museveni or Washington DC?

The fight against Al Shabaab as proven by Farmajo can be done quite easily and AMISOM must not just shell the civilian areas but go out and secure the last quarters if the capital. Its doable, feasable and timely.

At this point of transitional period, it is clear that outside forces are not interested in building capacity needed to defend transitional institutions much less defeat alshabaab. Nothing of substance has been achieved against alshabaab so far, and all AMISOM succeeded to do was to hold the forte so to speak, preventing complete overrun on major installations by alshabaab. Somalis are politically divided, and that is the source of alshabaab strength. The focus in what is left of this transition should therefore be on bridging gap between Somali people, holding all inclusive national conference to move forward.

Taleexi   

Personally, I'm hopeful that PM Abdiweli will make progress in the spheres of bridging the gap of mistrust among communities, the reduction of this so called parliament - It is an irony that our parliament mirrors with the Peoples Republic of China's and that of India's in terms of size, and he should initiate how to abandon the 4.5 formula to more representative and just system.

All in all, one year is not a long time but a difference can both be made by the government and felt by the populace.

^^^I agree the division is what needs to be addressed but Al Shabaab have lost most of Mogadishu, if they are completely defeated in the capital it would change the game for good. There needs to be both talks within the Somali stakeholders as well as holding on to and building on the success of the previous admin.

Gabbal   

Truthfully I do not expect much. We are in a lame duck situation where his announcement as Premier could be the only highlight. The man's arms and legs are tied.

Abwaan   

xiinfaniin;730994 wrote:
1- Bridge the gap between Somali regions and TFG

It looks like in lagu celcelinaayo bahashaan. What Somali regions? sheekadii 25% maa soo noqon rabta haddana?

I thought in Soomaali dagaalkeedu ku salaysnaa beel iyadu wax walba isla rabta kuwa kalena madaxa uga istaagta soo tii waxaas dhammaadeen, yaannaan dib ugu noqon oo wixii dhacay cashar hannoo noqdeen. Waxaa habboon in fikirkaan laga waantoobo oo la fahmo in Soomaali siman tahay cid cid kale ka fiicanna ma jirto, ninkii isku haysta in ciddiisu cidaha kale ka horraysana taas isaga un haku qufulnaato!

Abwaan   

Anigu waxaan dhihi lahaa work with this dowlad and Abdiwali and let us plan for next year and the big change insha Allaah!

lol....Oodweyne. I am sorry but I never even one day completed reading any of the long pragraphs you waste here!

Annagaad dictionary noo soo xifdinaysaa! lol

Abwaan   

lol...Oodweyne, it looks like that my protest worked. Only two short paragraphs this time!

FYI if I was a former gunner or even close to that I wouldn't be chatting with you over here. You would be writing about me like those warlords. But thank Allah inaanan dhiig muslim qori, qalin, qawl iyo kharash midna ku gelin!

Taleexi   

Abwaan: Odayga daa ha ka inkaar galabsane. Sheekooyinka markuu qaarna bold gareeyo qaarna siduu doono ka yeelo baan ka helaa. Saaxiibkeen waa secessionist U-turn soo samaynayee.