Sign in to follow this  
-Nomadique-

Somalia football chief accused of misconduct, suspended

Somalia football chief accused of misconduct, suspended

By Guled Mohamed

MOGADISHU, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The Somali Football Federation's president is under FIFA investigation for allegedly mismanaging thousands of dollars intended to pay staff salaries and telephone bills, a leading Somali official said on Sunday.

Abdiqani Said, secretary-general of the Somali Football Federation (SFF) -- surprisingly active in a nation mired in anarchy for 16 years -- told Reuters that President Muhyidin Hassan Ali illegally withdrew over $100,000, leaving only $600 behind.

In a letter addressed to Ali seen by Reuters, world governing body FIFA demanded to know the reason for the withdrawal and said it was investigating.

Said said Ali was suspended on Feb. 17.

"He mismanaged $101,076 meant to pay salary arrears for three years and telephone bills. He replaced me as a signatory without the knowledge of the executive," the SFF secretary-general said.

Contacted for comment, Ali told Reuters he was busy attending a meeting.

In the absence of central rule in the country since the toppling of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991, the Somali national team has performed dismally due to lack of funds.

The Somali squad assembles only a few days before tournaments and practises at the dilapidated Mogadishu stadium, nearly ruined by years of anarchy.

"The team often practises under a lot of hardship," a former Somalia coach, declining to be named, told Reuters.

"The main problem is the insecurity. The players are paid 20,000 Somali shillings (less than $2) as fare after practices."

Said said recent violence in the capital has forced them to cancel football matches, which are well attended by Somalis -- who are huge football fans.

"Mortars are hitting everywhere. We cannot guarantee the safety of the spectators," he told Reuters. "We are working very closely with the Ministry of Sports to try to address the insecurity."

Source

Abwaan   

loool@ Jaylaani they do and I think he came to office on laaluush.

Did you know Somalia has sort of National Chess Association........you will lough at waxa Gaaweeto lala ordaayo oo lagu qaraabanayo, ummaddana lagu dhacayo iyadoon wixii muhiimka ahaa sida nabadda Caafimaadka iyo waxbarashada si fiican loo wejahin. Yaan Soomaali arkoon yaabin.

nuune   

I think this has to do with envy and jealousy, the accusation was made by some of his officials who months ago wanted him to resign.

Anyway, Allah knows the best, the guy has to come out and tell the truth.

Jaylaani, sadly, all the sports you had in mind are all taken, check here:

Somali Tennis Federation

Somali Athletics Federation

Somali Handball Federation

Somali Volleyball Federation

Somali Basketball Federation

Somali Chess Federation

Somali Rowing Federation

Somali Taekwondo Federation

Somali Swimming Federation

Somali Cycling Federation

Somali Judo Federation

Somali Archery Federation lool

Somali Gymnastics Federation

Somali Boxing Federation

Somali Billiard Federation

Somali Weightlifting Federation Skinny Faaraxs doing some weightlifting

Jaylaani   

Rowing? We don't even like to fish!

Archery?..I think Somalis do this one in daily bases not artfully though! LOL

Judo and Taekwondo...lets be real!

Nuune,

I didn't see shax in the list so I still have a chance!

Jaylaani   

Dry as they can come. ILAAHAYOW hana cadaabin.

metaphor,metaphor, metaphor!

They both involved water....

You should try to get personality make over!

^ If that was a metaphor, I wonder what your bad metaphors are like. LOOOOL.

Somalis have been sailing and fishing for well over a hundred years. Rowing is no different.

As to my personality. I think I should follow your formula, in which whenever I am wrong I turn the tables and criticize others as to save face.

^ LOOL when you do want to hear something you complain like a Pmsing ***. What do you know about sports? You were probably an armchair fan of some bum team. Now take your calacaal to another forum because frankly this is

Somalia online.com were citizens of Somalia are welcomed. If you are not one. Then what are you?

Jaylaani   

I smell Oodkac.

Don't you have some women to harras first Lazy than Ebony. Incase you didn't know I'm a dude son so get off my magic stick.

^ You are the one obsessed with posteriors (in your countless references to Puntland as you know what) so I wouldn't be interefering with your God knows what weird fascanation.

Either put up or shut up. This is a Somalia based forum. As you know when you type in Somaliaonline.com. Realize this when you tell somebody to leave a forum in which you have nothing to do with it.