Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Online persona and Reality

Juxa   

Most sane people are close to their normal selves! It is hard to keep up pretence day in day out

So if you are asbax la karaahsaday here, it is very likely sidaa uun inaad tahay

Chimera   

I'm nothing like WIIL_SHAYDAANKA, David Letterman, Dhulqarnayn-Al Sumale, Adam Zayla, Prince of Punt or Chimera.

Ibtisam   

Polanyi;724729 wrote:
Archie Barchie, don't diss the West London Man Dem Akhi, brap brap. I am not weird on here. I just the mic out of how serious internet intellectuals take themselves. Btw, I've met a couple of folk on here- Ibtisam included. She said I was tall, dark and handesome. I kid. before she she hangs me burco style. But here i an interesting thing,If I wasn't Somali, Muslim, and god had created me a white man, i would probably be a ginger haired, communist. fakana cajiib.! weird!

Tall, dark and handesome kulaha :D :D :D One of those descriptions is true- not sure about the other two though. :P

On the whole if you are kharabad online, then there is some level of kharabadnimo in you in real life too.

Adam: David Letterman, Dhulqarnayn-Al Sumale, Adam Zayla, Prince of Punt or Chimera pretty much all had similarities in attitude, personality, perception and interest, although there were slight variations but not enough to think wa complete different person.

@ Juxa: most sane people- who are the insane ones :D :D

Archi: dont be fooled...... :P

Ibtisam   

On the whole if you are kharabad online, then there is some level of kharabadnimo in you in real life too.

So yes some level of Ibz is Me.

Oz   

I know someone whose real personality is different from online, example this is her online personality.

" I have the safety of deleting/editing posts, saying "lol jk" to soften a ****** or offensive remark and turn it into only a tasteless joke (when IRL, it just sounds ****** if you say "Only joking!" especially to someone you don't know that well), never having to meet others again (it would make me feel sad if I had to leave people or a place online that I like) and the ability to start again, under a fake persona if necessary. I haven't done the fake persona thing yet but it's always there as a safeguard if I do something completely wrong, or I could just say that I was "trolling". I could convert to lurking but I feel that I would become terribly lonely."

Ps:The only happiness she gets from being social is online. :D

back to the topic,

My online and real life personalities are the same thing. In fact, my online personality is my real life personality sitting in front of the computer. The one difference in my outlook towards things is that I'm much more cautious. Especially when I'm talking to people. In person body language and facial expression sometimes says more than words and sentences do. Online, it's difficult to determine what peoples intentions are, or even who they are. Anonymity hides great evils.

^yh we know. you're dull and boring. this is the net - be whatever you want to be but just don't meet any of these on-line freaks in real. cos that's the reason why i put this thread up. i will never meet anyone from SOL again. i have lost my trust in on-line anonymity. i don't feel safe anymore. god, some people are lost in this on-line social drama.

Oz   

Alpha Blondy;724954 wrote:
^yh we know. you're dull and boring. this is the net - be whatever you want to be but just don't meet any of these on-line freaks in real. cos that's the reason why i put this thread up. i will never meet anyone from SOL again. i have lost my trust in on-line anonymity. i don't feel safe anymore. god, some people are lost in this on-line social drama.

Alph, would better if you told us a little bit about your on and off personality.

NGONGE   

Alpha Blondy;724954 wrote:

Like stripper vowing to never strip again. :D

lol@NG,

i'd love to meet you tho. your online persona is fantastic. i've heard you're a little melodramatic but that's nothing compared to some people.

Juxa   

I have heard a certain person here full of faataa-dhug is as boring as a cactus and as crazy as...

Ibti adiga on or off you are the same only difference is chance of being slapped by you is smaller online