Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Art Entertainment

Cawaale   

Nuruddin is not less Somali/Muslim than any of your tribe line Adeer. The man served his country, touch generation back then when he was a teacher in Somalia, he fought the regime while many of our parents were cheering for him, and today he is representing ungrateful people that are trying to kick him him out the circle of Islam.

Personally, I had the privilege of having a tea with him, and also i was present in celebration night of his long years of serving the country. Notable Somali elders, Intellectuals, former and present ambassadors of Somalia, including his former boss at National University were also present and gave speeches honoring him.

Easy Brothers. Bani'aadamka la is kama maago.

Al-Miskiin;713924 wrote:
So i think to dedicate a thread for these kind of people and even call it a "talent" is a problem for Somalis in general and especially our young Somalis who might bee looking up to these kind of guys, instead of other decent role models(role models like sister Fatima from the "Oxford ‘off Limits’ to Star Black Pupil" thread)!

So you would prefer a measly student who failed her admission test then made a fuzz about being rejected on racial/class grounds over a celebrated author like Nuruddin Farah? What a taste!

You know, in Somalia, the only place an artist can "make it" is the run-down wall of a maqaahiyad. So you can't really blame Al-miskiin for his limited knowledge and appreciation of art.

Having said that, I am happy that Somalis are making it big in the international scene, however my only concern is: why are none of the girls wearing hijab???

I'd personally like to see more Somali sisters make it big without compromising their beliefs. Right now, it seems that the message that's coming through is: "you can make it hadaad qamaar la'aan tahay". Obviously, that's unacceptable. We are in dire need of more wonderful, successful & accomplished hijabi sisters! Many people think girls wear hijabs because they are afraid of their families... Well, I think many girls are afraid to wear the hijab because they are afraid of what Western others think and would rather just fit in, but... why would you want to fit in when you were born to stand out? :cool:

P.S. I absolutely love Abdi Farah's smile, mA! What a happy spirit!

5;714719 wrote:
You know, in Somalia, the only place an artist can "make it" is the run-down wall of a maqaahiyad. So you can't really blame Al-miskiin for his limited knowledge and appreciation of art.

Bal adoo raali ah soo akhri my whole post.

Anigu qof muslim ah baan ahay, Supermodel uma aqaani art iwm.

Mida kale, waxaan soo qoray wax u eg adaaba soo qoray, markaad soo hadal qaaday gabdhaha iyo xijaab la'aanta!

Mulugbaadh

Haday meel ku xanuuntay waa dan adiga kuu taal, danta guud ee aan kaga hadlay my post inaad fahantay baan filayaa, inta yar ee aad soo goysayna Alle ha kuu fududeeyo.

Anigu dhaqan diimeed baan ka hadlayaa, iyo in "talent" lagu fiiriyo indhaha diinta aynu aaminsanahay(Islaam)! Markaa adigu hadaad meel kale wax ku ogtahay ka biyo doon.

So you would prefer a measly student who failed her admission test then made a fuzz about being rejected on racial/class grounds over a celebrated author like Nuruddin Farah? What a taste!

lol@ measly student who failed her admission test....

Duh, didn't you know that there is a litmus test named after miskiin? (was she wearing niqab because that will explain his favourable reception)

Miskiin, I told you yesterday to take some time off, take a break, have a kit kat or something and if that doesnt work, why dont try it again and again...seriously, this cant be healthy for you. I can appreciate what you are doing here but not everybody can be as understanding as me. I get that you are on a crusade and I applaud you for your efforts but you really need to take a step back, reflect on your recent performance, only then can you truly move forward with your agenda. Also, I can't emphasis this point enough, which is that you are not qualified to speak about religious matters and thats the honest truth......(u are stubbornly subjective, ee madaxa adeega iska daa)

LayZie G.;714760 wrote:
lol@ measly student who failed her admission test....

Duh, didn't you know that there is a litmus test named after miskiin? (was she wearing niqab because that will explain his favourable reception)

You bet!

fatima_oxford.jpg

LayZie calaacalkaada, iyo murankaada bilaashka ah wakhti uma hayo, ee bal wax iskula hadh. Hal marna ma arkin adoo si cilmiyeysan wax uga hadlay, kaliya uun inaad shakhsiyaad ku mashquushid. Alle indhahaada ha furo.

Mulugbaadh;714673 wrote:

that measly muslim student is more of an inspiration to muslims than nuruddin farax

Poly styrenes daughter Celeste follwing in her mums footsteps , 1/4 Somali

The two of them together Mum was half somali, recently died. RIP