Sign in to follow this  
o0o

Islamic Quiz

Ms DD   

^^ Was he a Sufi Saint during the Umayyad caliphate? Maybe someone with more knowledge could post about him.

Kashafa   

asabta yaa Shar-ma-arke..very close.

His name is: Sayful-Deen Qutz, the Muslim general who with his leadership and personal courage inspired the Muslims to halt the advance of the Mongol hordes at the decisive battle of Ain Jaaloot

Waaaaaaaaaaa-Islaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!! That battle-cry together with the sight of their general killing his horse, breaking his sword-sheath(no more use for it, it's fight to the death), throwing his metal helmet to the ground, and yelling: Waaaaaa-Islaamaaaaah( O my Islaaam, Sharmarkee, give a more accurate translation), pulled the Islamic army together and inspired them to fight back. That's the sort of leadership we sorely lack today.

Sufyaan Al-Thawrii, was one of the Ulamaa of Makkah(?), Iraq, if I remember correctly. His area of expertise was Hadeeth and was considered together with Imaam Malik of Madeenah as the top Ulamaa of their time.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

asabta yaa Shar-ma-arke..very close.

His name is: Sayful-Deen Qutz, the Muslim general who with his leadership and personal courage inspired the Muslims to halt the advance of the Mongol hordes at the decisive battle of Ain Jaaloot

Waaaaaaaaaaa-Islaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!! That battle-cry together with the sight of their general killing his horse, breaking his sword-sheath(no more use for it, it's fight to the death), throwing his metal helmet to the ground, and yelling: Waaaaaa-Islaamaaaaah( O my Islaaam, Sharmarkee, give a more accurate translation), pulled the Islamic army together and inspired them to fight back. That's the sort of leadership we sorely lack today.

Sufyaan Al-Thawrii, was one of the Ulamaa of Makkah(?), Iraq, if I remember correctly. His area of expertise was Hadeeth and was considered together with Imaam Malik of Madeenah as the top Ulamaa of their time.

Kashafa,

jazaak for your quick reply

Imam Sufyan Althwri was one of the imams deeply knowledgable in Cimi al xadiis,as he was a taabici also, he was in iraq most of his life.

we only know four Imams of hadith like:

Imam Bukhari, Imam Ahmed bin xanbal, Imam mulim,Inbna Maajah, Al ni'saai, Dar qudni, Maalik, xanafi.

But also there are many other Mujtahids in the learning of Hadith or Cilm al Xadiith. like:

Imam Sufyan al thawri, Ibna Mubarik, Al awzaci,Aba thawr, Ibna Jariir al dabari,DAud Al daahiri,Laith bin sa'ad, Isaxaaq bin Rahawiyah, Aba yacala, Ibn Qudaahmah al maqdasi.

We will talk about Mufasiriin al Qur'aan too later time permits IA.

Ameen   

What happened to the question that the next person is suppose to ask?

Well, someone step up to the plate and ask a question.

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

^^aaaaawwwwwwww, thats a hard question Cambarro!!! I'm gonna have to "dial a friend"! I get really frustrated when I don't know an answer coz I'm used to being one of those "know it alls". Clearly I've got ALOT of work to do!

Aisha   

Cambarro, I think I finally got the answer(thanx to my dearest friend.) It was so difficult to find the answer! Is it-

Sura al-baqara: Also called fustaat al-quran and sanaam al-quran

Sura al-Imran: Also called tayyiba

Ok......time for my question!!!!

How many Ayahs in the Quran begin with "O you who believe"?

Kashafa   

The other name for Surat Al-Baqarah is Surat Bani Israa'iil, for the numerous ayahs in it that relate to the Jews. Dunno about Surat Al-Imran.

Aisha, your question is even tougher ! How are you supposed to know/find out besides opening a musxaf, read the whole Quran, and count each ayah that starts with "O you who believe". Did you do that ? :D

During the battle of Qadisiya, the Muslim army sent Rubci bin Caamir as a messenger to the Persian General Rustum, and in reply to his question: What brought you to our lands, Rubci said: _____________________ ?

He gave him a reply that captured in a few sentences the entire purpose and mission of Islam. What did he say ?

Need to look it up myself.

Aisha   

Aisha, your question is even tougher ! How are you supposed to know/find out besides opening a musxaf, read the whole Quran, and count each ayah that starts with "O you who believe". Did you do that ?
:D

Loooooooooool, is it really that hard? I thought it's a known fact! opps!

And no I did not count each ayah that starts with "O you who believe" lol! I attend a study group & we are going through these ayahs. That was one of the questions on the test we had. These ayahs are important because Allah is specificlly addressing the mu'minuun, us inshallah!

Originally posted by Kashafa:

During the battle of Qadisiya, the Muslim army sent Rubci bin Caamir as a messenger to the Persian General Rustum, and in reply to his question: What brought you to our lands, Rubci said: _____________________ ?

He gave him a reply that captured in a few sentences the entire purpose and mission of Islam. What did he say ?

Need to look it up myself.

Kashafa and others

What Rubci bin caamir said was, if am not mistaken: and this not his excat words but roughly it sounds something in that line:

We hail from the desert and came out to deliver and set free people from slaves of Slaves to be Slaves of Allah, from worshiping their masters to worship Almighty, and to release people from narrow provision of his world to the everlasting eternity afterlife.

My Question is in that token and in that circumstance,the muslims at the end defeated Rustum and his elephant riding armies, the muslim leaders told him to sign a surrender treaty with Muslim Khalifah who was Omar bin khadaab(RC)and in medina at that time, Rustum came to Medina to find the Amir's palace but not avail, he asked people, but everyone says is around here,or he was at the market while ago, at last he found and he was asleep under a remote tree outside Medina almunwarah, he was stunned by the positive things he saw from Omar:

What did he said in that particualr moment?????

Ameen   

I remember studying the Life of Umar Ibn AlKitaab and the lesson(s) that we drew out from this particular incident. To paraphrase the words of Rustum, he said this is the situation of a leader that rules with justice, that he needs not to fear his own people and he than compared Umar and the respect and safety he had from his people in comparison to Rustum’s own leader (who need guards to protect him). One key lesson that he learned from this incident was that Umar (may Allah have mercy on him) never use to “get a full night sleep”. When the Muslims would enjoy their nap after zhur he would to say, “how can I sleep when the people have rights over me “ (in regards to being the leader of the affairs of the believers) and during the night he would say, “how can I sleep when Allah has rights over me (in regards to being thankful to Allah for the many blessings He had bestowed upon him).

Now since we are talking about the leadership of Umar ibn AlKitaab, it only makes sense that I pull of question out from his seerah. Umar’s circle of consultation or Shura members consisted of a several well-known Sahaabas. In fact I can recall seven who were consulted in much of the affairs, so name only two of the sahaabas that sat on the consultation board of Umar ibn AlKitaab?

Calyk Nur yaa Ameen,

Rustum said : xakamta (you Ruled) wa Cadalta (you been just for them) wa amanta( and secured them or their lifes) wa bacdeen numta(then you have slept peacefully,unlike any other leader,

You question ya Ameen : I dont really know but i can guess - one is Ali bin Abu talib, and Ibna Cabaaas. guess work at that. yes >>>>No

Question:

Qaadi Shurayax was a brilliant judge and just one, Omar want to increase and rebuilt the Xaram of makkah, he want to take some land from certain people from Saxaabas, like Alcabas, Alcabaas refuse to budge and didnt give away any land, they all want to shurayax to make the case and finalise : what did Qaadi Shurayax said to Omar in that instance?

Ms DD   

^^ Pls do answer it..it has been 4 days and the question is hard unless one is reading the bio of Umar (ra) right at this moment.

Qaadi Shurayax called Omar(ra), and he said to omar do you know that prophet David want to increase the bayt maqdis, and Allah(swt)Revealed,that the furtherest house on xaraam is my house. Omar left everybody alone after that.

Qaadi Shurayax was the judge, once came to him a crying guy with one eye, and said some one hurt my only eye, he was expecting he will show sympathy, the qaadi said call the guy you complaining from incase you blind him and he's missing both eyes. Raxima Allahu Qaadi shurayax wa ardaah.

Question:

In Suraa Ya-Sin, who is this pious/preacher came running to rescue the prophets - three of them in one single village, what was the name of the village, what was the name of the preacher, what happened to him?

Ameen   

In Surah Yasin, Allah the Most-High says,

"And there came to them a man running from the farthest part of the town. He said, "O my people! Obey the Messengers. Obey those who ask for no wage of you (for themselves) and who are rightly guided" verses 20-21

Allah, the Most-High has also informed us of what happened to him in verse 26-27, Allah says, "It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): "Enter Paradise." He said, "Would that my people knew". That my Lord has forgiven me and made me of the honored ones".

As for the names of the three messengers and the name of the village they are, the names of the first two Messengers were Sham`un and Yuhanna, and the name of the third was Bulus, and the city was Antioch (Antakiyah).

As for my question, I wanna get more people involved so I’ll ask a simple question.

Name the seven long Surahs in the Quran that the Prophet (saw) would sometimes recite in the night prayers.

And Allah knows best