Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Great Opportunist!

The political rug has finally been pulled from under the feeble feet of secessionist leadership. NGONGE’s great army is forced to fight over a pond and grazing rights with the sons of A Garad’s Darwishs who, it must be noted, are very familiar with the folks in the north. This is not a conflict Haabsade could be of help. The lines are drawn on the sand …and a grand gamesmanship is set out.

I don’t have the time to do a meneeno on SOL as I once used to, but ponder on Dalbac’s defection, the death of Ina Soofe, and the Mudug’s involvement. When Ina Camey was asked about Buuhoodle plans against Somaliland militia, ‘we have history and large brethren behind us’ he said. This as we told good NGOGE before is a Clannish conflict and there is no better classical example of clannish conflict than the one good Siilaanyo is drawn into …

On the bigger picture, a new, more inclusive Somali political arrangement is being scoped out, and the fact that Somaliland is flirting with it is more telling about the veracity of separatist ideology good NGONGE is showering praises on. Things have indeed changed…and time will not be nice for some predictions/stances on these pages.

Aw, leave NG, guys.

Ayoub, unfortunately double-dealing and back-and-froming is normal conduct for a lot of people in waqooyi. Marba meesha mushaharadu ka immanayso ayaa loo jeestaa.

In terms of Silaanyo's untenable position, the rot set in a long time before he took the position. The flames might have only caught but the people of SSC had already turned away. I still think overt peace-making initiatives are needed to calm the people who live together and share resources, but SL will not find any political will in the region.

Malika   

^Hey Val - maanta waad soo dheeratee hee..Lol

xiin my sentiment exactly, things have changed - the likes of Xaabsade are insignificant. The SSC masses are moved, just like the masses where moved in the creation of SL in the early 90's. Nevertheless, daadkuu waa daad islaa degnaa oo iis daleen so peace between them must be seeked- there will always be a link but it wont come with one holding a barrel of the gun on ones head.

LOL@Ayoub - shame on me, for allowing Ngonge to get under my skin - but am still not happy with the tone of his article.

NGONGE   

nuune;694573 wrote:
You meant
hablaha aamusan
, wa kaa ee
Val
iyo
Malika
jawaab qumman sii oo ay dhuuxi karaan, waan kuu sheegay, saaxiib, topigan waa disaster ee ka samata-bixi disasterka, anu kuu digey kol hore, hadalna meel dheer buu ku dhacaa; dhagaxna meel dhow ayey Soomaalidu tiraahdaa
smileys.gif

War waad deg deg badantahay dee. Xiin inuu godkiisa ka soo baxay so ma argtid? Intaa uun ayuu doonayay waana hor dhigay. Bahasha baro. :D

Malika, I did say it was a case of principle, did I not? You are free to enlighten me about the practical methods of realising that principle though.

Taleexi, ninyo "two thousand" words ayaan kuu qoray dee wax ka sheeg oo dharkaygii iyo kabahaygii ii daa. :D

It cannot be said that SSC suffers from any unique utopianism if, and only if, their proximate goal is self-determination and autonomy. And of course opportunists and turncoats abound. "Every man", as Thomas Moore said, "has his price". Opportunists, history teaches us, are always transactional and never transformational. The question isn't whether some opportunist politician can shift the opinion of SSC on secession. He can't. The question is whether it is at all possible for Somaliland to persuade other tribes that secession is a boon and not a bane. Tribal jingoism won't do. Epic narratives about the revolt against sinister D-Block oppressors holds no currency with this group. How do you convince them to join you? You have to use economic incentives and socio-geographic proximity to woo them. I have grave doubts that even such efforts will be sufficient. What then? Militarism will create more tribal vendettas and grievances.

If SSC merely wants to remain a self-autonmous region in Somalia, their goal is, given the status quo, less romantic and airy than secession. If NG were a betting man, I'd advise him to put his money on SSC refusing to secede, regardless of the overtures of Somaliland. But then again, public persuasions are unpredictable things.

Malika   

^Intaa aan kuguguu dare -

Ragba Maxamedow horay tashiga ugu heshiin waaye

Hindise iyo toy kala kaxee tan iyo Haabiile

Halka soo mar iyo kayga maqal hiif ku kala raacye

Hantida looma qaybsheen hadduu helayo tawfiiqe

Haadaantu niman bay tahay hilinkii toosnaaye!

by Ismaaciil Mire - in 1935.

Taleexi;694594 wrote:
Ngonge is without clothes!

An appeaser, never clear on his position. Speaks in codes, a lot of subliminal messages - dude just bores me.

Taleexi   

@ Prometheus well put we shall wait and see what the good NG says.

Malika... woow gabayadaad soo dhejinaysid baaba i dilay. Che: As long as he isn't on bare feet, we are okay.

AYOUB   

nuune;694573 wrote:
You meant
hablaha aamusan

Vy not? Never mind over emotional kids and dacar-ooge old men like Xiin. Who wants to hear more of his doom and gloom he has been predicting for SL for five years anyway? If SL came through civil strife even stronger in the mid-90s; who says it wont - should Xiin woof cries turns out to be true (wanacuudubillah). More importantly, the two ladies have proved to be are much wiser, calmer and never would they sell their "peace caravans" and principles to mercenaries like Saracen Inernational like you know whom.:) Hablahaani waa rageedii, weliba lamid islaamihii reer Mudug ahaa ragga garta la naqi jiray.:D:D:D

What I want to ask the wise ladies is; what caused this crisis in your opinion? I've got my theories but it would be side to hear from the quiet ones first.:)

later' I'A