Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Great Opportunist!

Liibaan   

Malika;694525 wrote:
Waaw - Ngonge you have outdone yourself here.

You trully underestimate the desire, the ambition and vision of the SSC people - your post is condescening and misinformed - You think you know all about the people of SSC by reading some websites huh? ..mate you are clueless, its so obvious that I dont know where to begin and where to end - so to shorten up my response , I say this to you..STUFF AND NONSENSE.

LOL..

*walks of singing to Sado -

Well said Malika, NG is making no sense, he only called names SSC people. Xaabsade is one man like Mubarak, Shariif, Buubaa, Mohamed Omar, Faroole, etc

After 20 years, your snm clan faction has no recognition, no development, no peace. Your Somalidiid militia is fighting with SSC over Barkad in Kalshaale, and they were defeated.

NGONGE   

^^ Che & the tailors are talking about clothes, adeer. I reckon that discussion is more up your street. This is too much for you. :)

Prometheus;694647 wrote:
It cannot be said that SSC suffers from any unique utopianism
if, and only if
, their proximate goal is self-determination and autonomy. And of course opportunists and turncoats abound. "Every man", as Thomas Moore said, "has his price". Opportunists, history teaches us, are always transactional and never transformational. The question isn't whether some opportunist politician can shift the opinion of SSC on secession. He can't. The question is whether it is at all possible for Somaliland to persuade other tribes that secession is a boon and not a bane. Tribal jingoism won't do. Epic narratives about the revolt against sinister D-Block oppressors holds no currency with this group. How do you convince them to join you? You have to use economic incentives and socio-geographic proximity to woo them. I have grave doubts that even such efforts will be sufficient. What then? Militarism will create more tribal vendettas and grievances.

If SSC merely wants to remain a self-autonmous region in Somalia, their goal is, given the status quo, less romantic and airy than secession. If NG were a betting man, I'd advise him to put his money on SSC refusing to secede, regardless of the overtures of Somaliland. But then again, public persuasions are unpredictable things.

And that is the point I have been making all along. Surely, by now the question should never have an "if" in it. SSC are akin to a chef who organised a dinner party, invited the guests, bought the ingredients and even provided the entertainment but still has no idea what the main course shall be. They got the Garads on board, they put together a little army and they even got Saado to gee up the troops but it is not clear what the real goal is! One minute they are part of PL, the next they are telling the Imam to stay out of their business. Now they claim that all they want is Somali unity & the TFG. But how could they have that when they are sandwiched between two entities that are not (as of last month) for the TFG?

As for the wager, there are people who still believe that there is a chance for SL to return to the fold and keep on insisting that it is still part of Somalia. Yet SL never showed any signs of wavering. So how is that different to the SSC who seem (regardless of what anyone says) to be on some sort of a crossroads and only need to be nudged one way or another?

Still, I do appreciate the improbability of them happily joining SL at this point in time.