Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Egypt protests Cairo is a war Zone

Johnny B   

I don't like to sound anti-revolutionary , but , since the Arabic culture is anti-democratic,where is Egypt heading with this change ?

NGONGE   

Johnny B;694414 wrote:
I don't like to sound anti-revolutionary , but , since the Arabic culture is anti-democratic,where is Egypt heading with this change ?

Anti-democratic Arab culture? Who have you been talking to, Johnny?

Johnny B   

NGONGE;694430 wrote:
Anti-democratic Arab culture? Who have you been talking to, Johnny?

Mostly with my Sujui gf, why ? , I can't not be off the mark that much , can i !?

Eh, and it ain't like the world is awash of Arabs living under a system of governance that takes individual human rights into it's heart, is it !?. :P

NGONGE   

Johnny B;694433 wrote:
Mostly with my Sujui gf, why ? , I can't not be off the mark that much , can i !?

Eh, and it ain't like the world is awash of Arabs living under a system of governance that takes individual human rights into it's heart, is it !?.
:P

Pay attention now. THAT is the whole point of these protests. :D

NGONGE   

هنا البيبيسي.. مرشات عسكريه وقرأن..مرشات عسكريه وقرأن..مرشات عسكريه وقرأن...حسني ابن المعلم مبارك اتهزم يا رجاله, بالانجلييزي

شعب للزحف المقدس قام وثار

شعب زاحف خطوته تولع شرار

شعب كافح وانكتبله الانتصار

تسمعوا الحكايه؟؟

بس قولها من البدايه

حكايه حرب وتار

بينا وبين الاستعمار

فاكريين لما الشعب اتغرب

جوه فبلده

اه فاكريين

والمحتل الغاصب ينعم

فيها لوحده

مش ناسيين

والمشانق للى رايح واللى جاى

ودم احرارنا اللى راحوا فى دنشواى

من هنا كانت البدايه

وابتدى الشعب الحكايه

كان كفاحنا

بنار جراحنا

يكتبه دم الضحايا

وانتصارنا انتصرنا انتصرنا

انتصارنا يوم ما هب الجيش وثار

يوم ما اشعلنا ثوره له ونار

يوم ما اخرجنا الفساد

يوم ما حررننا البلاد

يوم ما حققنا الجلاء

Good Mubarak should be gone. But the care-taker government (and the ultimate lever of powers) should lie with the military (for now). I think TIME Magazine's Fareed Zakaria, a shrewd economist and political commentator, pretty much captures my view on this issue. Egypt will inch towards liberal democracy. But even our secular and liberal Egyptian friends ought to remain cognizant of the fact that Egyptians espouse some rather primitive, inhumane views. There's still a glimmer of hope.

Egypt is a vast, complex country and is in the midst of unprecedented change. There are certainly troubling signs. When the Pew Research Center surveyed the Arab world last April, it found that Egyptians have views that would strike the modern Western eye as extreme. Pew found that 82% of Egyptians support stoning as a punishment for adultery, 84% favor the death penalty for Muslims who leave the religion, and in the struggle between "modernizers" and "fundamentalists," 59% identify with fundamentalists.

That's enough to make one worry about the rise of an Iranian-style regime. Except that this is not all the Pew surveys show. A 2007 poll found that 90% of Egyptians support freedom of religion, 88% an impartial judiciary and 80% free speech; 75% are opposed to censorship, and, according to the 2010 report, a large majority believes that democracy is preferable to any other kind of government.--
Fareed Zakaria, TIME

nuune   

^^ Lyzie-Gaal, haye, our beloved Mubarak is gone, what comes next according to our analysis, maybe Hamas backed government, Hamaz already congratulated the people

what comes next is whether or not the pew research will materialize in EGYPT...

fact:

82% of Egyptians support stoning as a punishment for adultery, 84% favor the death penalty for Muslims who leave the religion, and in the struggle between "modernizers" and "fundamentalists," 59% identify with fundamentalists. (the last one is troubling)

what is the military's role? Will they jump in bed with their brotherhood crowd or maintain order long after the transitional period?

There are many unanswered questions ya Nuune.....but one thing is certain, goldie's goons will finally take a shower and sleep in a real bed tonight while al-kingpin boards his yacht and works on his tan....

what comes next is whether the pew research will materialize in EGYPT...

fact:

82% of Egyptians support stoning as a punishment for adultery, 84% favor the death penalty for Muslims who leave the religion, and in the struggle between "modernizers" and "fundamentalists," 59% identify with fundamentalists. (the last one is rather problematic for me)

what is the military's role? Will they jump in bed with their brotherhood crowd or maintain order long after the transitional period?

These are many unanswered questions ya Nuune.....

For once do us a favor