Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Has Fumbling Faroole Any Friends Left?

NGONGE;688418 wrote:
Pay attention now, son. I am not talking about the latest "fall out" and this federal argument. I am talking about Faroole's tendency to fall out with EVERYONE. You said above that they don't matter but I say that they do. First of all, they are Somalis and PL claims to be part of Somalia. Secondly, groups such as Atom and the SSC hail from clans that are/were part of PL.

Surely, even you with your fanatical support for your action-man Imam can see how counterproductive all this is for the future of PL. Or am I giving you too much credit here?

It's not the man I support, its the ideology I believe in

TFG, Atom, Shabab..or whoever wants to instill a peaceful all inclusive democratic government that functions FOR THE PEOPLE gets my vote

be part of the solution not the problem

Faroole is only falling out with those that have their own agenda's to fulfill :eek:

NGONGE   

Burn Notice;688425 wrote:
It's not the man I support, its the ideology I believe in

TFG, Atom, Shabab..or whoever wants to instill a peaceful all inclusive democratic government that functions FOR THE PEOPLE gets my vote

be part of the solution not the problem

Faroole is only falling out with those that have their own agenda's to fulfill :eek:

The PEOPLE include those from SSC and Makhir who (supposedly) are part of Puntland. So, tell me again, what does this "ideology" you believe in entail?

Far be it for me to be the one telling you to support PL and have its interests at heart, saaxib. However, seeing that the wise ones amongst its citizens are not, I thought I might as well do it.

Imam Faroole is a danger to your state, saaxib. His kind is great at a time of war but never when a state/country is trying to build and establish itself.

Oddly enough, many Somalis used to call Abdullahi Yusuf a war-lover, a soldier and even an agitator but nothing that the man did in his time as PL leader caused him to fallout with so many people in such a short space of time. In fact, he kept the SSC and Makhir crew all nice and patriotic.

The mad imam will probably fallout with Djibouti next (or has he already?).<O:p</O:p

NGONGE   

^^ Dee he never ceases to amaze me with his endless fumbling. If he's mad at least his advisors should be sane ninyaho. But they are not. They release a statment saying that they will not deal with the TFG and instead of pointing to some tangible achievements (which undoubtly PL) made, they talk about that recent football tournment. Waa Duke meedhan. War kac ragga wax la qabo intaad Qardho wakhtigaaga ku luminaysa. :D

Holding the football tournament in the manner it was held - undoubtedly was tangible achievement in it own right - having said that - I strongly disagree with its politicisation as i believe it runs counter to the principle of not mixing sports with politics. I agree with you there are many other achievements to point.

Last i was here - i was reading with chuckles your spat with duke over the lack of press statements over the infamous bounty plane stranded in hargaysa - faroole's advisor might have been right on their silence over the issue - although i read much later a statement of sorts to my disappointment - essential the man is learning on the job and we hope he fares much better - as he does now - compare to his first year on the job - when i actually thought that his name might as well be Fumbler instead of Faroole. Fingers crossed he will end up being known as the great Farsameeye. :D

As for me and the time invest in Qardho - wakhti lumin ma ahee waa wax lagu liibaanno :D

Samafal   

Faroole without a shadow of doubt is a man who has transformed Puntland for the better. They say there is no smoke without fire, there's a reason why people are making all these noise.

And apart from ONLF I think he's right to fall out with every one else. Sheikh Sharif 's term is coming to an end and as far Faroole is concerned he is irrelevant. His whole beef with Faroole is that he's beaten him in the art of diplomacy in the international arena. wadaadka way lugeeyeen, meeshiisii halagu celiyo

NGONGE;688397 wrote:
Waa markaad sensetive noqotid, saaxib. I'm sure you get my point about the murder mystery without the drama. Faroole may have done some good for PL in his two years in power (not really that hard to be honest) but you can't deny that he has fallen out with EVERYONE. It makes no sense.

No I did not get your murder mystery drama which was either totally unnecessary or cleverly put to hide your true feelings about President Faroole. May be you can explain to us what you really meant.

You say Faroole may have done some good in Puntland, even here, you have to qualify with 'may'. First Faroole is the President of Puntland as such his primary job is to work for Puntland. Of course, as a Somali national, he also wants to bring Somalis together. :)

He fell out with SL. He fell out with the TFG. He fell out with the ONLF. He fell out with the SSC. He fell out with Atom and Al Shabab doesn't like

He needs to piss off SL, that gets him high mark from Garowe to Mogadishu.

TFG Sharif is sinking ship without captain, you too left the ship before it even sailed why do you object when Faroole did it after two years.

I will admit to ONLF but it is temporary and will have no lasting effect.

SSC & Maakhir are founding member of Puntland in 1988 and has more power and authority in Puntland unlike secessionst enclave were out of 26 minister only 5 were non SNM and the top 3 posts president, vice president, speaker are all denied to Sool and Sanage residents.

Defeating Atom and al-shabaab made Puntland stronger and made Generals Abdi Samad and Ilkajiir heros. That is why you don't hear targeted assassinations in Bosaso anymore.

Faroole success so far.

1. Good management - Capable minister technocrats, progress in health, educational, infracture etc. civil servants pay, etc.

2. Oil exploration started under Cadde is progressing nicely with many jobs already created

3. Training of Puntland navy in Puntland by Saracen International paid for by Muslim country - so far 10 million was spent

4. Holding Somali Regional Football Tournment in Growe for the first time in 22 years. 15 regions participated and of course your region Togdheer refused with no good reason to play ball.

5. USA 2 track policy recognizing Puntland as an important building block for Somalia.

What you wrote is silly and are not failures, some are even successes according to Puntlander. Faroole has some failures that needs to be corrected but it is not my job to help you.

NGONGE   

Peace Action,

My true feelings about Faroole have been expressed on here countless times, saaxib. You are far too sensitive to 'get' valid analogies dee. Naga daa dee.

I was sure that you would find an excuse for all his disputes with EVERYONE. I was also certain that your blind defence would blinker you from seeing how bad all this appears. Lakin this thread was never about you, saaxib. Adigo you get paranoid when I praise PL, never mind criticising its president. This was for the gallery (but if some of it could seep through to you, all the better). Here is how it works;

Politics and diplomacy work on stated principles and goals. PL has always claimed to be part of Somalia, it always claimed the people of SSC and Makhir as part of its population and it always painted itself as being one of the few peaceful and progressive parts of Somalia. The policy it followed to achieve and sustain these claims involved the wooing of the people of SSC & Makhir, the subtle distancing of itself from TFG affairs (whilst, most certainly, working with/against them in the background) and the vehement insistence that it is and will always be a Somali (federal) state.

As plans go, this was the best of the lot. It was better than SL because it allowed PL to be part of Somalia whilst also having the right to make its own decisions for its own future. It allowed PL to make use of the Somali name for its own goals and also gave them the option of having some of their own people contesting the presidential and prime ministerial posts in Somalia. It was all win/win.

Now previous PL presidents may have fallen out with the Somali state in the past, yet (to my knowledge) none came out with the daft statement of cutting off relations and not cooperating with the Somali government of the time (at least never openly). Add to that the fact that this president is already falling out with his own (supposed) citizens, the ONLF and (understandably) Somaliland, any outside observer would get the impression that PL (despite all its positive progress) is a hindrance to eventual peace in Somalia rather than being an aid. Impressions and perceptions in politics are important, saaxib.

Some die-hard PL supporters may believe that Imam Faroole's mad (is it foreign or domestic) policies are just what the doctor ordered and may even support him in every last decision he made on those fronts. But what they (choose to) ignore is that the more enemies you accumulate the more potential trouble you get. Yet, some would still argue that none of this matters, since PL is already having direct dialogue with the international community and is getting help from (unnamed) Muslim countries. But the International community (meaning America in this instance) is not blind to what goes on in Somalia. And even if they were, it is now certain that SSC, Makhir, ONLF and the TFG (not to mention Somaliland) will make sure they are aware of PL's transgressions. The bad publicity is also sure to follow. But is this some conspiracy to bring PL down or is it self inflicted? I think most people will agree that other than the eternal dispute with SL, the rest of the fall outs were all needless political faux pas by the fumbling Faroole.

Why in the world does he choose to employ this aggressive stance when one of the main plus points for PL was always about its peacefulness, progress and (outwardly at least) its avoidance of conflict?

It is not a great secret that one of his sons runs that infamous Growe website and the recent rant on it about the UN (and the world in general) gives any passerby ample confirmation that PL's prime reaction to any political disagreement is to aggressively fight back and crush all who oppose it (regardless of how trivial the dispute is). Now, let us be clear that adopting an aggressive stance is a valid and legitimate tool in politics. Let us also be clear that it is the best option at times. However, PL does not use it as a tool in its political armoury; it actually uses it as its one and only policy. Problems are not to be solved in Faroole's world; they are instead wiped of the face of the earth. Dissenters are not wooed; they are labeled as terrorists and agitators. It is just not politics it's playground bullying. Always remember that Imam Faroole started his reign by falling out with and threatening to sue a cartoonist!

Someone clearly doenst understand how the Trinity (the king, the son and the ghost) thinks. They support Faroole's crusade against Makhiri's and SSC, they support the fact that nothing has been done against pirates, they dont care about ONLF, they welcome all mashruucs (Galgala,Daroor, merceneries, etc) and they dont support the TFG anymore because its not led by a son of the holy trinity.

Faroole has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the holy trinity. the trinity is everything, wax fahan.

NGONGE   

Qodax Qorax;688698 wrote:
Someone clearly doenst understand how the Trinity (the king, the son and the ghost) thinks. They support Faroole's crusade against Makhiri's and SSC, they support the fact that nothing has been done against pirates, they dont care about ONLF, they welcome all mashruucs (Galgala,Daroor, merceneries, etc) and they dont support the TFG anymore because its not led by a son of the holy trinity.

Faroole has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the holy trinity. the trinity is everything, wax fahan.

The "trinity" being everything is not a problem. In my world, our very own trinity is also everything. Yet, I would still wonder about the political ability of Siilaanyo had he openly started falling out with everybody (more so those we consider our citizens). My gripe is not with states, my questions here are about Faroole and only Faroole.

You should not compare President Siilaanyo to King Faroole.

Siilaayo and therefore Somaliland aspire greatness. Faroole and therefore Puntland aspires clanness. Siilaanyo knows he was chosen as President by the people. Faroole (as a cousin of the King) thinks he was born to the Royal family and that he also deserves to wear the crown.

wax fahan!!

Thierry.   

Faroole has gone mad and is certainly not a champion of the Art of Diplomacy, there is one thing people making silly remarks on online portals but there is another thing having regional governor spew venom on all that surrounds him. Faroole’s desperate imitation of Yey makes one’s stomach queasy. Samafal & Co I suggest you get the old man on the phone and start making damage control. One thing is for sure if he continues at this pace, his wet dreams of becoming the next President of Somalia will slowly dwindle away.

NGONGE;688645 wrote:
Peace Action

My true feelings about Faroole have been expressed on here countless times, saaxib. You are far too sensitive to 'get' valid
analogies
dee. Naga daa dee.

I was sure that you would find an excuse for all his disputes with
EVERYONE
. I was also certain that your blind
defence
would blinker you from seeing how bad all this appears. Lakin this thread was never about you, saaxib. Adigo you get paranoid when I praise PL, never mind
criticising
its president. This was for the
gallery
(but if some of it could seep through to you, all the better). Here is how it works;

Politics and diplomacy work on stated principles and goals. PL has always claimed to be part of Somalia, it always claimed the people of SSC and Makhir as part of its population and it always painted itself as being one of the few peaceful and progressive parts of Somalia. The policy it followed to achieve and sustain these claims involved the wooing of the people of SSC & Makhir, the subtle distancing of itself from TFG affairs (whilst, most certainly, working with/against them in the background) and the vehement
insistence
that it is and will always be a Somali (federal) state.

As plans go, this was the best of the lot. It was better than SL because it allowed PL to be part of Somalia whilst also having the right to make its own decisions for its own future. It allowed PL to make use of the Somali name for its own goals and also gave them the option of having some of their own people contesting the presidential and prime ministerial posts in Somalia. It was all
win/win

Now previous PL presidents may have fallen out with the Somali state in the past, yet (to my knowledge) none came out with the
daft statement of cutting off relations and not cooperating with the Somali government of the time (at least never openly). Add to that the fact that this president is already falling out with his own (supposed) citizens, the ONLF and (understandably) Somaliland, any outside observer would get the impression that PL (despite all its positive progress)
is a
hindrance
to eventual peace in Somalia rather than being
an aid
. Impressions and perceptions in politics are important, saaxib.

Some die-hard PL supporters may believe that Imam Faroole's mad (is it foreign or domestic) policies are just what the doctor ordered and may even support him in every last decision he made on those fronts. But what they (choose to) ignore is that the more enemies you accumulate the more potential trouble you get. Yet, some would still argue that none of this matters, since PL is already having direct dialogue with the international community and is getting help from (unnamed) Muslim countries. But the International community (meaning America in this instance) is not blind to what goes on in Somalia. And even if they were, it is now certain that SSC, Makhir, ONLF and the TFG (not to mention Somaliland) will make sure they are aware of PL's transgressions. The bad publicity is also sure to follow. But is this some conspiracy to bring PL down or is it self inflicted? I think most people will agree that other than the eternal dispute with SL, the rest of the fall outs were all needless political faux pas by the fumbling Faroole.

Why in the world does he choose to employ this
aggressive stance
when one of the main plus points for PL was always about its peacefulness, progress and (outwardly at least) its avoidance of conflict?

It is not a great secret that one of his sons runs that infamous Growe website and the recent rant on it about the UN (and the world in general) gives any passerby ample confirmation that PL's prime reaction to any political disagreement is to aggressively fight back and crush all who oppose it (regardless of how trivial the dispute is). Now, let us be clear that adopting an aggressive stance is a valid and legitimate tool in politics. Let us also be clear that it is the best option at times. However,
PL does not use it as a tool in its political
armoury
; it actually uses it as its one and only policy
. Problems are not to be solved in Faroole's world; they are instead wiped of the face of the earth. Dissenters are not wooed; they are labeled as terrorists and agitators. It is just not politics it's playground bullying. Always remember that Imam Faroole started his reign by falling out with and threatening to
sue a cartoonist
!

LOL@ the guru touches

First, you are much more civilised then your alleged guru. :D

Second, if i did't know you better, i would have deduced from your above critique that you were patriotic PL citizen exercising his God given right to question the shenanigans of his leaders - but alas - i am forever reminded of your mantra ("clan is everything") :D

third, you are wrong this is the not the first time PL has cut ties with TFG, TNG, and many other acronyms - and that it has paid off - however this is the first time that many were fall out with at the same time. :D