Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

What does Islam say about joining Sororities and Fraternities?

Abdinuur   

I think, as along as you have a good intention in doing something positive, that it's okay.

But what do you know about this topic or other related topics....?

Thunder   

Fraternities and sororities trace their origins to Freemasonry, and if you don't already know the goal of masons is to destroy ISlam. As a muslim you are not allowed to give legience to no one other then Allah and no one is your brother or sister other then your Muslim brothers and sisters.

The fraternal rituals and sorority rituals are a forms of worship.

Abdinuur   

Thunder, that's a really good point.

I personally don't want to join any fraternities but there are some 'fraternities' who want me on their organization but I can't b/c, one, I don't have the time and two, I don't like to get involve with anything like that...plus some other silly or not so silly reasons..

But anyway, Thunder, your response is persuasive and convincing.

Iffah   

Interesting. Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the enlightment THunder..and A/nuur for bringing up the question.

Abdinuur...GOOOD QUESTION!!!! seriously I've been thinking about this too.

Im friends with pple in sororities n' frats (been invited b4), and walaahi they'd do anything for their brothers/sisters. It's the pride that kills me. Plus, I find it wrong to de-humanize yourself for intiation or even hazing!!! But then again, they argue that its an actual organization with strict guidelines and infact they give back to the community through programs ie. volunteering or what not.

Thunder, thanks for the input.

Baashi   

Some r very corrupted..they engage excessevily uncontrolled or indulgence in drink (alchohol)and sex (in groups..often fresh chicks). Ironically they r good at studies!

They often help out the freshmen and women!

Mostly white..I just couldn't relate to them when I was at school! If u r interested in getting easy white chicks Friday and Sat. nights is ur chance.

I don't know about other schools though. don't associate with them if u can't control urself...it is very tempting..

Good for ur resume..wit good gpa ofcourse..u know the greek letters (for Eng. and IT majors). There u have it.

Abdinuur   

Yacquub, there are many fraternities and sororities all over the nation. You can find them in any colleges/universities around the nation. They're just about everywhere, like the Kappa Alpha...

Tamina, I've seen the love they have for each girl. If you're a member, they got your back 100% and they look out for each other. Even the graduate students and professors will help you find a job if you're interested. But like you said, they have strict rules, like once you join them, you are theirs forever...but then, Thunder brings out this phenomenon point.

Peace.

Macalin   

Abdinuur> my bro good Q

The thing is i dont see a major major problem in joining ACADEMIC FRATS like engeneering and accounting(as the help u find jobs etc) since most frats are nationwide and CEO's and managers will help ya.

But for some unacademic FRATS, now those are a lil tough bros..they do some lots of sinning actually its the culture and habit so being a part of that is kinda not soo goood.

Eg. the Omegas are freaky/dirty down right Filthy

BTW, which frat called on YOU? Kappas/omegas?..am curious dude

Macalin   

Waraa abdinuur, the Kappas are pretty hot!

THEM MOGS(lol) can throw a g/damn party lol..but stay away from em!,

I enjoy there step shows tho!

Macalin   

I knw Abdinuur..the auctions are like..uxm..maxaan dhahaa..yaah!

Tamii>> AKA"S are KOOL..but Ama go for my gals DELTAS(smarties..yep!)

Kowneyn   

Thunder:

Well said bro!!! Jazzakallah khayr!

To the rest becareful out there. There are too many dajjalic traps, so always look beyond the obvious.

Kowneyn